Poll: Do you believe the only way you can get geared to raid is by doing dailies?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question 25 Man Raid Conent - Getting Geared to Rock n Roll

So, all I keep hearing is how gear is gated, and there are no other options. I just wonder how these guys did it:

25 man Raid Progress

Do you suppose they all grouped for dailies to grind them out faster? Or maybe there really ARE alternatives to dailies? Do you find yourself yelling at Blizz that it can't be done, when obviously there are guilds in the US, EU, TW, and KOR that are done, or almost done with raiding already? Does anyone know their masterful secrets and how we can share them with all the raiders that are still griping about dailies? I would be curious to know their methods and strategies.

Mind you, I don't raid, but I know plenty of posters who do

a lot of top guilds require members to have several alts and have several other people in their guild.
    do a 25man raid with say like 5-10 mains and the rest alts.
    give all the gear to the 5-10 mains.
    repeat until all the mains have ran the raid.
    they should also be doing dailies. either in groups or by themselves
    these guilds also have tons of money so buying boes and crafting gear is not a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    a lot of top guilds require members to have several alts and have several other people in their guild.
    do a 25man raid with say like 5-10 mains and the rest alts.
    give all the gear to the 5-10 mains.
    repeat until all the mains have ran the raid.
    they should also be doing dailies. either in groups or by themselves
    these guilds also have tons of money so buying boes and crafting gear is not a problem.

Awesome analysis. So, if the guild requires raiding, they will also have the money and the manpower to back it up with organized precision. Guess that is probably where most of the other "raid guilds" fall short.

Deleted
    They are all farming dailies, same as they all have gems and enchants and flasks. It;s just another requirement now. The main thing is the extra loot rolls from the coins of good fortune, rather than the actual daily rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastmasterGuardian View Post
    So, all I keep hearing is how gear is gated, and there are no other options. I just wonder how these guys did it: 25 man Raid Progress
    I wish more guilds were this efficient We'd have fewer complaints about the current system.

---------- Post added 2012-11-30 at 10:35 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by laserguns View Post
    The main thing is the extra loot rolls from the coins of good fortune, rather than the actual daily rewards.
    Yeah, but coins aren't really a requirement... just more of a perk.

Deleted
    Yeah, but coins aren't really a requirement... just more of a perk.
    Any decent guild will expect their raiders to do them, so yeah they're a requirement for those guilds. If youre in a guild that just does normalmodes, and heroic modes after they have been nerfed heavily, then no you don't really need to worry about them. This has been discussed to death in the other threads.

Quote Originally Posted by laserguns View Post
    Any decent guild will expect their raiders to do them, so yeah they're a requirement for those guilds. If youre in a guild that just does normalmodes, and heroic modes after they have been nerfed heavily, then no you don't really need to worry about them. This has been discussed to death in the other threads.
    I agree whole heartedly. I just wonder what makes the real raid guilds so much more effective at dailies and coins. Seems like we only hear from the folks that hate dailies and want coins from an easier source. Why change a system that obviously is working for the guilds on this list?

There is no need to do dailies. At all. The only real "need" there is, is to get the gear one feels comfortable for doing whatever one likes to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, all I keep hearing is how gear is gated, and there are no other options. I just wonder how these guys did it:

25 man Raid Progress

what they do, is they have between 1 and 3 alts per character, and they run 5+ raids a week to clear content on normal (hence why u see many of the top guilds taking soo long to clear an instance on normal among using normal as a way to try out tactics for hc mode), in the case of 25 man, they will take 5 "mains" and 20 alts, wun these guys through all available bosses, and give all loot that drops to these 5 players, next raid, another 5 mains are sent through, getting all loot that drops (unless nobody needs even for OS), until all 25 mains have a full set of whatever they need, rinse and repeat for heroic mode content so u get the entire raid decked out in full hc tier and BiS trinkets etc literally within a week or 2, also, the gold that these guys have in the bank is phenominal, they can buy any and all hc raid epics that appear on the BMAH either as themselves, or from the guild bank, so even easier progression pathway, if th rate at which hc epics appear is like my server, they will have about 4 or 5 ppl with 2-3 pieces of 509 raid loot before it was even possible to kill anything that dropped 509 ilvl gear.

also to your post about the system working for "the list", it doesn't, these guilds are not normal guilds, they do things, no normal guild would ever consider, not even a realm first guild, the stuff i have said above, is what makes the top guilds able to compete on heroic mode content the day it is released, yes they are still technically undergeared, but not as much as it used to be.
    Last edited by rogoth; 2012-11-30 at 06:39 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    working on getting my 3rd toon raid ready. Haven't done a single daily on him yet nor do I plan to.

Quote Originally Posted by even View Post
    There is no need to do dailies. At all. The only real "need" there is, is to get the gear one feels comfortable for doing whatever one likes to do.
    I agree. Play the game you like, not the game your raid guild forces you to play I just keep thinking to myself how dozens of guilds are already clearing the 25man content while hundreds of other "raiders" don't just get the hint and follow suit instead of continually complaining about something that is only made mandatory by a raid guild

---------- Post added 2012-11-30 at 11:39 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    what they do, is they have between 1 and 3 alts per character, and they run 5+ raids a week to clear content on normal (hence why u see many of the top guilds taking soo long to clear an instance on normal among using normal as a way to try out tactics for hc mode), in the case of 25 man, they will take 5 "mains" and 20 alts, wun these guys through all available bosses, and give all loot that drops to these 5 players, next raid, another 5 mains are sent through, getting all loot that drops (unless nobody needs even for OS), until all 25 mains have a full set of whatever they need, rinse and repeat for heroic mode content so u get the entire raid decked out in full hc tier and BiS trinkets etc literally within a week or 2, also, the gold that these guys have in the bank is phenominal, they can buy any and all hc raid epics that appear on the BMAH either as themselves, or from the guild bank, so even easier progression pathway, if th rate at which hc epics appear is like my server, they will have about 4 or 5 ppl with 2-3 pieces of 509 raid loot before it was even possible to kill anything that dropped 509 ilvl gear.
    Sounds like a guild that knows what they are doing and they have players that are willing to put the time and effort in without all the constant griping. Just the way a good raid guild should work

10+ Year Old Account
    so you think it is normal to get ~3 alts on ur account to max level, and to raid 6 nights a week on the main raid, and 1 day a week on getting all the mains geared up by running the same instnce 5 times?, not to mention, these players when playing their alts are spamming dailies and whatever else to get VP capped asap, to buy as many VP items for alts as possible, because they won't be getting gear in the runs to help their mains out, and yes, dailes are required. the reson they don't cry on the forums, is because they have sponsors to worry about, to each other they will likely be whining all night long about how boring and tedious i is to have to grind dailies, but in public, they either say nothing, or divert from the issue.

I don't feel like holding back my friends in my raid group, so I use every gearing opportunity. I really hate dailies, but I would feel like an asshole if I didn't complete them. I know its a choice I make, but it feels like a forced one.

Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    so you think it is normal to get ~3 alts on ur account to max level, and to raid 6 nights a week on the main raid, and 1 day a week on getting all the mains geared up by running the same instnce 5 times?, not to mention, these players when playing their alts are spamming dailies and whatever else to get VP capped asap, to buy as many VP items for alts as possible, because they won't be getting gear in the runs to help their mains out, and yes, dailes are required. the reson they don't cry on the forums, is because they have sponsors to worry about, to each other they will likely be whining all night long about how boring and tedious i is to have to grind dailies, but in public, they either say nothing, or divert from the issue.
    I don't think there is anything "normal" about raiding. Which is why I do not raid. I have way more important real world things to do than spend 20+ hours a week playing a video game. WoW for me is relaxation. I love the quests, the gear, the lore, and the exploration. I have 1 lvl 90 Druid, and 1 lvl 40 Paladin. I am slowly leveling the pally while occasionally doing other things on the Druid. It's one thing to have a hobby playing video games, but quite another to spend so many hours playing for something that will ultimately only ever remain in a video game

---------- Post added 2012-11-30 at 11:53 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    I know its a choice I make
    You're a good friend for doing dailies to stay on par with your friends. I told my friends I am still playing and occasionally doing my dailies for money, rep, recipes, and mounts. They all ask when I will be raid ready, and I just smile and say "Springtime". It's a game and I am in no hurry. I pay to play for relaxation, not for undue or self-induced pressure. Good luck to ya either way.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree whole heartedly. I just wonder what makes the real raid guilds so much more effective at dailies and coins. Seems like we only hear from the folks that hate dailies and want coins from an easier source. Why change a system that obviously is working for the guilds on this list?
    Most top guilds also front load progression, an option that isn't available to the less dedicated. The average player can't dedicate 2 weeks (or insert whatever time frame you choose) to only play a video game for extended hours each day. Basically if a boss takes any guild 100 wipes, the top guilds put in those 100 wipes in the first week, whereas a normal guild spreads those wipes out over several weeks (or months) this means that after the initial time investment, the top guilds get to clear (and gear from) more bosses per raid night then a more casual progression guild, meaning they end up with more drops overall and a similar amount of total time in the dungeon.

It's funny because Rigg Kruciel in Blood Legion was complaining about how all he had time for was dailies between work and actually raiding.

Dailies aren't fun. Lets be real.
    And if you care about your raid, you'll use every advantage you can.

And raiders are done with the dailies by now generally. The issue is its a poor game mechanic. Repeating the same quests every day is not "content out in the world".
    I don't even care if the "vanity" reps require them, such as the Cloud Serpent rep. But direct upgrades that will last you a good while are tied to dailies.

The people you're referring to said it best
    Ahdehl: Bosses should drop Lesser Charms of Good Fortune. Dailies are just terrible.
    Last edited by Stuffs; 2012-11-30 at 07:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuffs View Post
    It's funny because Rigg Kruciel in Blood Legion was complaining about how all he had time for was dailies between work and actually raiding.

And raiders are done with the dailies by now generally. The issue is its a poor game mechanic. Repeating the same quests every day is not "content out in the world".
    I don't even care if the "vanity" reps require them, such as the Cloud Serpent rep. But direct upgrades that will last you a good while are tied to dailies.

Ahdehl: Bosses should drop Lesser Charms of Good Fortune. Dailies are just terrible.
    It read more like an explanation and less like a complaint. Also, anyone who would have that many alts and need the gear for that many alts is willing to still put in the time. He admits it was frustrating, but now after sucking it up and just doing it, they are among the world leaders in raiding... again, more for personal prestige. Not like you get a box of wheaties and commercial endorsements from WoW lol. Point is, if everyone just clammed up and played how they wanna play, like this guy did, they would be done with rep already and there would be no begging for nerfs or tabards. Sadly, the best raiders are the exception and not the rule. Kind of a shame really. Would love to see other "hardcore raid guilds" stand up to that kind of scheduling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would anyone, ANYONE take dailies as the first option when is the slowest form of obtaining ANY kind of gear? Specially now that the item level upgrade is in place, you dont need to even touch dailies EVER, unless you are trying to fill a missing gap somewhere and you are not doing --> Play smart and Get crafted gear, along with Running LFR/world bosses and fill the gaps with gear from heroics and Even PVP gear (PVP gear is now good and has just a bit less itemlevel than PVE but has the same itemization).

You wont be able to buy everything from factions fast anyway, because the cap vs the cost of pieces. If you want to get reliable gear that is, do what i said above.
    Last edited by Shampro; 2012-11-30 at 09:06 PM.

It read more like an explanation and less like a complaint.
    "Dailies are just terrible". Seems kind of like a complaint to me. Or at least a negative statement.

Also, anyone who would have that many alts and need the gear for that many alts is willing to still put in the time. He admits it was frustrating, but now after sucking it up and just doing it, they are among the world leaders in raiding... again, more for personal prestige.
    Ok? This just argues against the whole "hur the top guilds did it without it ergo fuck you" concept people use to defend this "content"

Point is, if everyone just clammed up and played how they wanna play, like this guy did, they would be done with rep already and there would be no begging for nerfs or tabards. Sadly, the best raiders are the exception and not the rule. Kind of a shame really.
    Not really. The concept of doing the same quest ad naeseum is a terrible substitute for content. Know what gets people out in the world? Elites with vanity items. Holiday events. Stuff like that. Once people are done with the initial rep, people won't be "out in the world". I got what I wanted from my reps, and I rarely leave the cities, just semi restocking/posting auctions while watching a show.
    But when I do, know what gets me out? The vanity crap I mentioned. Nerd points. Shit like that. More carrot and less stick.

Would love to see other "hardcore raid guilds" stand up to that kind of scheduling.
    Most people aren't able to set aside the sheer amount of time the push for world first takes. Even if they spend less time on it overall, most just cant make the initial investment, assuming they have the capability.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuffs View Post

I like how you only pull out one comment.

Shinafae: I think that MoP has overall been a success in engaging the interest of players both new and old.

See I can do the same.