Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by knightpt View Post
    This is bullcrap. Dedicated players from min/max top of the world guilds have alts of similar gear/skill than their "mains" and they include them if the situation or the guild justifies it. This has been said multiple times by top guilds that for some fights some players get their alts for the purpose of min/maxing on certain encounters.

Do you think a guild that has multiple sponsors (aka money flowing) would actualy hurt their chances because they want "dedicated old players" that are stubborn to play only with their "mains" if those classes are realy realy bad and making 24 other people fail for hours and hours ?

Not realy no.
    I speak to rogerbrown pretty regularly and I can assure you he was in on his hunter not because the class is strong but because he was a valuable member of their raid team and he did not have any suitably geared alts for heroic sha. Raid comp is important to an extent but player skill is far more valuable.

Quote Originally Posted by Truefire View Post
    I speak to rogerbrown pretty regularly and I can assure you he was in on his hunter not because the class is strong but because he was a valuable member of their raid team and he did not have any suitably geared alts for heroic sha. Raid comp is important to an extent but player skill is far more valuable.
    Yea I listened to the Hunting Party Podcast and he said that he has a fire mage but it doesn't hae good gear yet. Good to have affirmation on that.

P.S. Knightpt....checkmate.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Hunters have 100% mobility, and nothing stops you from running in to get the buff every so often in between dread screeches. It's really not nearly as big an issue as you're making it.
    You'd have to make sure you don't mess up and get the melee group clobbered with a Dread Screech.

That alone would make it more a skill-based thing, and, as such, being able to eke about a bit more DPS due to being able to strategically use something in the encounter would be fair enough. Considering that the pet would only pick up the buff if the tank walked over the pet, since it's a bit difficult to move the pet yourself to get the buff, you might not even get a decent uptime on the pet's buff.

Even still, they still could easily make it not apply to ranged attacks, but work with pet attacks. Good time to use Stampede then, since they all count as pets in the same sense as your regular pet and could all start proccing poison hits. It would probably make BM actually good on that fight, instead of dead last out of all the classes.

At least I'm now prepared to reroll FoTM!

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

Everything but Monk.

Do we need misleading posts like this to do it....
    You understand that your pulling numbers several days after I did right? You understand that we got buffed right? And your numbers while lovely dont match what is on today... Ill link it and I bet we wont be in the same spot on some fights by this coming Monday...

Stone Dogs: 11th #11
    Feng:10th #10
    Garajal:11th #11
    Kings:10th #9 (ahead of monks and shaman)
    Elegon: 11th #9 (ahead of monks and shaman)
    Emp: 11th #11 (dead on)
    Vizier: 9th #2( only mages higher) http://www.raidbots.com/dpsbot/Imper...100/14/60/max/ shows us as 3rd not second... and 3rd by a good bit...
    Bladelord: 6th #2(only mages higher) http://www.raidbots.com/dpsbot/Blade...100/14/60/max/ shows us 4th not 2nd and 4th by a good bit...
    Garalon: 11th #11
    Windlord: 11th #10 (beats spriests)

The only problem with my numbers is your trying to quote them 5 days after they were complied and 2 days after we got buffed... seems your numbers are a bit on the high side from the links...

This kind of crap is why we are not taken seriously... I dont and never will "fudge" numbers, they change for a 100 different reasons, and going back and looking at them after several days and 2 buffs is kinda like trying to put the milk back in the glass after it spilt...

Wonder what they will say in 5 more days... lol I bet if I go and look at my post from DS on our numbers they would be different than now too??? /derp Guess I lied about them back then cause clearly now (2 months later) they have changed....

/sigh

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post
    Everything but Monk.
    Who in their right mind would ever roll some Kung Fu Panda wannabe imposter!? Also by the looks of it, they are actually in almost as bad shape as we are! (were before the serpent/attackpower buff)

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    About the poison part - having your pets get the buff would be unfair because you yourself benefit from it, and would thus get like, 50-75% more psn procs than any other class as you'd have both your pet (meleeing with frenzy at 1.25 attacks per second + specials) and you proc'ing it like crazy. It was doing about 25% of my hunters damage in looking for raid when I had to get my last wisdom this week.
    Ok this may not be the best example, but it is an example. Basically, any time there is a damage increase % buff, we lose out unless it applies to pet (any spec). If it's a buff like Gara'jal that gives % stats, we benefit from it. So on a fight like Will where, depending on your strat, average hunters are doing around 60k, rogues doing 100k+ and dotters doing around 90k, it really hurts us. The only thing we bring here is deterrence. Or then a fight like Stone guard, where our pets do not get the damage increasing buff. Sha of Fear does not give our pets the Fearless (60% damage buff) buff, nor do they benefit from the orbs when picked up.

But luckily, our pets do benefit when damage increasing effects are debuffs like on Wind lord.

Anwyays, this isn't to derail, this is just something to mention because it affects us on some fights and creates an unfair gap when you have two similar skilled players of different classes.