Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Blizzard Registers Project Blackstone Domain

Blizzard Registers Project Blackstone Domain
    Fusible noticed that ProjectBlackstone.com was recently purchased by Blizzard Entertainment. It doesn't mean much yet but the choice of domain name could point to a side project for Diablo 3 or even pet battles (They also appear to have purchased WarcraftBattles.com last month).

We're mostly reporting this to have a nice point of discussion for it, but nothing really points to it being a major project (= probably not anything Titan related).

Last edited by chaud; 2012-11-30 at 09:22 PM.

Deleted
    inb4 its the next MMO

I'm from the future, and I can tell you this is part of Blizzard's plan to create a franchise of games and media around Sir William Blackstone, who was an English jurist, judge and Tory politician of the eighteenth century. It's going to take video gaming by storm.

Deleted
    Sounds like a shooter

10+ Year Old Account
    Diablo 3 expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds Diabloish
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Diablo 3 exspansion...

Deleted
    Project Titan title perhaps ?

Deleted
    Not sure what it could be, but I am already excited.

Just to add to the speculation, warcraft battles, what on earth could that be (warcraft 3)

10+ Year Old Account
    If it is an expansion then it seems strange to call it project. Blackstone makes me think D3. Wasn't Titan referred to as project titan? Why rename it project blackstone. Also it's a domain name. I doubt any of the blackthorne sequel speculation is true either. I don't really know what to say about this one.

Sounds Diablo'ish to me.

It's blizzard's new pr0nz site.
    All the WoW/SC/Diablo pr0nz will be on one site, and this is it.

Quote Originally Posted by Retributor View Post
    Not sure what it could be, but I am already excited.

Just to add to the speculation, warcraft battles, what on earth could that be (warcraft 3)
    The linked article stated that warcraftbattles was owned by an individual from Mass. from 2007-2009, and speculate Blizzard just bought it as a defense tactic of their IP name.

Project Blackstone could literally be anything at this point.

Its always fun to watch the speculation when ever they register a new domain or something like that

But its a weird domain to begin with like, project blackstone will not be the name of d3 expansion, it just wouldnt make sense, maybe it would be something related to Diablo or at least the story, but as for an expansion name its pretty terrible..

Deleted
    i think it could be the name of project titan. its about time they say somethin about that and i could imagine they present first infos at the next blizzcon

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yig View Post
    i'm from the future, and i can tell you this is part of blizzard's plan to create a franchise of games and media around sir william blackstone, who was an english jurist, judge and tory politician of the eighteenth century. It's going to take video gaming by storm.

all hail the english!!!
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

They did say they are already working on the next expansion....

Diablo 3 expansion, almost certainly.

Deleted
    Since we're free to say anything about it...
    It's Blizzards own Kickstarter project after they saw how well Project Eternity succeeded.