Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Warlocks and Brawler's Guild

So...any other locks venture into the Brawler's Guild?
    For me, all the fights were kind of a joke until R7 because I could just Voidwalker tank everything and just ignore mechanics by doing outrageous DPS.

R8 fights though...take a bit more co-ordination and are very much unforgiving. Anyone with any tips/tricks/etc?

I'll help out much as possible if I remember the fight, kinda just plowed through most of them though.

Haven't been spending much time down there, currently only Rank 5.

I only just got to R2 this morning. I am not particularly interested in sitting there for 2+ hours between fights because 50 new people just got theirs and get head of the line privileges to kill Bruce. I'm just glad I got my invitation from a rare drop and didn't pay for it.

I need an invite. :\

What's the quickest way to get one without the 30k gold they are getting bid up to on our server?

Quote Originally Posted by Merq View Post

What's the quickest way to get one without the 30k gold they are getting bid up to on our server?
    Kill the rares.

Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    Kill the rares.
    Yeah... right. 20 hours and counting here. Was supposed to get one from BMAH but been raiding so forgot both times.

Kill the rares.
    Pretty sure he asked for the "quickest" - i think its easier to get 30-45k gold than to get a drop from those rares, if you even tag them.

Kill the rares.
    Which rares drop it? Looked around on Google but can't seem to find a list. Not enough sites have added it yet apparently. My Google skills are getting bad. /sigh.

Which rares drop it? Looked around on Google but can't seem to find a list. Not enough sites have added it yet apparently. My Google skills are getting bad. /sigh.
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=68321#comments:id=1768796
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere

The secret to GG Engineers is to get them to kill themselves. The goblin's rocket blasts will damage them, as will the gnome's death ray.

What I did was ignore the totems and tank the gnome with my Voidlord. For the fight I specced into KjC so I could stay in motion without a DPS loss. Then I just focused on whichever was outside the shield while running circles on top of them to train the rocket blasts without getting hit myself.

Do note that the rocket strikes do more damage the closer to the center you are. So I really do mean dancing around right on top of them. On the other hand, taking one dead center yourself is a one-shot. I had several unsuccessful attempts when I was tired and my reactions were a bit slow, then came back and breezed through after taking a break. There's very little room for error.

Another tip is to form a raid with whoever else is standing around at the Brawler's Guild. That way you can share buffs around with each other, which really helps with the tight enrage. It's especially good if you can beg a Druid into using Symbiosis on you, that self-heal is super handy.

Edit: If anyone's having trouble with a specific fight, I've cleared all but the last three (and the special rare fights). Ask and I'll share as many tips as I can.
    Last edited by Kirroth; 2012-12-01 at 02:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    Pretty sure he asked for the "quickest" - i think its easier to get 30-45k gold than to get a drop from those rares, if you even tag them.
    That is the quickest way. They are still going for 100k+ on most servers, farming the rares is your "best" chance without spending far too much gold.

Millhouse: It's all about gear and luck here. Need to get to 100 stacks as quick as possible and blow CD's. Ignore totems that you can't stand in completely until you have around 50 stacks. At that point a fel flame will one shot em. Only kill a totem if he's close to 100 stacks himself. Doomguard will benefit from standing in a totem.

Eyeball: First phase, toss out five or so seeds and spam soul harvest until they all die. Second phase, run around avoiding beams like a madman while you DPS, before enrage wrecks you.

Epicus Maximus: Easy mechanics, hard enrage (see a pattern?). Run around like a madman avoiding sonic circles and shark laser. Interrupt blue crush or you will die.

Disruptron: Not a lot of practice here, but he seems to be the most lag dependent. :/ Totem in the center and corners sends out sonic circles. Avoid them as you jump over laser beam walls (if they touch you, you die instantly). At 25%, all of his totems shoot at the same time and make things difficult.

I use harvest life (although the health siphon might work too), dark bargain, and KC (most important one). Spec'd affliction.
    Not downed any of the fights, but can make it all the way to enrage on all of them, except disruptron. Just need more buffs, gear, and persistence.

Hope this helps!

That is the quickest way. They are still going for 100k+ on most servers, farming the rares is your "best" chance without spending far too much gold.
    "Spending far too much" is subjective. For me gold is not an issue, especially not at the end of a tier. I'd rather buy it than "spending far too much" time on farming something that is apparently super RNG and just hope to get lucky. And the 20 hours I wasted I could've easily turned into 100k gold for the same effort it took me.

First of all, you are way off topic.
    Second, the dude asked the quickest way WITHOUT 30k. The only other way is to kill rares or make friends with someone who hit rank 7.

Deleted

Just wait a week or two, there's new invites every day so the prices will drop quickly. They are going for 1-3k on my server.

Also with the current queue times I'm not sure you want an invite, often between 30-60 minutes between each attempt.

As for me, I hit rank 7 without much difficulty. Died a couple of times to that tauren with goblins on his back due to hitting enrage, he had like 8 % hp left and I lost loads of damage from my terrorguard and wild imps because of that sodding shield... (They don't run up behind him, just stop shooting.)

I will be giving the rest of them a go when the hype dies down, along with the queue times.
    Last edited by mmoce2fa46bcbe; 2012-12-01 at 08:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am pretty convinced that Millhouse just isn't doable by Demo warlocks. The eyeball one was super easy as demo, double HoG \ felstorm basically killed the eyes in a few seconds, then it was just running in circles avoiding the beams.

The other two I've had some low wipes on, the damage checks are pretty steep for how much you need to be avoid mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by zinnin View Post
    I am pretty convinced that Millhouse just isn't doable by Demo warlocks. The eyeball one was super easy as demo, double HoG \ felstorm basically killed the eyes in a few seconds, then it was just running in circles avoiding the beams.

The other two I've had some low wipes on, the damage checks are pretty steep for how much you need to be avoid mechanics.
    Millhouse is nearly impossible for me as well even as Affliction. The DPS checks are outrageous.

Quote Originally Posted by Sockmaster View Post
    First of all, you are way off topic.
    Second, the dude asked the quickest way WITHOUT 30k. The only other way is to kill rares or make friends with someone who hit rank 7.
    lol off topic? what? and farming 30k gold is still faster than farming the mobs if you're on a mid/high pop server.

Quote Originally Posted by zinnin View Post

I've only seen one video of someone killing it. A spriest with a 498 ilvl who got lucky with the totem spawns, and they were about 1 or 2 seconds from dying to the enrage fire. They had a flask, raid buffs, and all that jazz.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    lol off topic? what? and farming 30k gold is still faster than farming the mobs if you're on a mid/high pop server.
    This thread is about Rank 8 of the Brawler's Guild as a Warlock, not the best methods to acquire an invitation to the Brawler's Guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Sockmaster View Post
    This thread is about Rank 8 of the Brawler's Guild as a Warlock, not the best methods to acquire an invitation to the Brawler's Guild.
    You're just being silly.