Poll: Your faction

Page 50 of 73 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    100 certs in about an hour today, got maybe 5 kills and 1 death total. Following that zerg and AFK while bases cap, fastest certs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiz View Post
    348 kills, 179 deaths and 464 cert points of total time played with K/D 1.944

How much have you played and what do you have unlocked so far?

31 hours. O.o

Unlocked proximity mine yesterday, and some attachments for my gun. Just going for suit and ability stuff now. (Offensive Infiltrator)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Moon View Post
    Check the sig for my setup. 8 gigs should be more than enough. I'm thinking maybe the beta drivers hurt more than they helped, might try reverting them.
    Don't think you should be having too many problems with that...
    Using a 2500k and a 560ti myself and only reach 40's in large fights :\
    Have you tried a completely clean video driver install (try the beta first?)

Deleted
    Nice, i spend my certs on weapons for my engineer with laser sights for a more close combat style, yet somehow i don't think a puny lightly armored engineer is supposed to be up yo face so i'm investing more into Heavy Asault and MAX. plus i got the mobile spawn point for the Sunderer and i'm quite suprised how much people actually spawn on it, it might buy back these 50 certs back some day.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiz View Post
    Nice, i spend my certs on weapons for my engineer with laser sights for a more close combat style, yet somehow i don't think a puny lightly armored engineer is supposed to be up yo face so i'm investing more into Heavy Asault and MAX. plus i got the mobile spawn point for the Sunderer and i'm quite suprised how much people actually spawn on it, it might buy back these 50 certs back some day.
    Sunderer spawn timers are half that of using a normal spawner. Even if you park in the middle of nowhere people will prefer to play 5 seconds earlier.

I'm downloading this atm, and am trying to decide between light assault and infiltrator. I'm rank 45 (~402 hours) in Tribes and am a pretty lethal sniper in that game, so how is sniping in PS2? Is it actually useful, or is it pretty much reserved for the xXDomN8UXx type? Again, coming from Tribes, the jetpack on the Light Assault looks good, but do they have any weapons other than iron sight autos?

Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    I'm downloading this atm, and am trying to decide between light assault and infiltrator. I'm rank 45 (~402 hours) in Tribes and am a pretty lethal sniper in that game, so how is sniping in PS2? Is it actually useful, or is it pretty much reserved for the xXDomN8UXx type? Again, coming from Tribes, the jetpack on the Light Assault looks good, but do they have any weapons other than iron sight autos?
    Snipers don't really exist in this game. Considering during assaults people can simply respawn in 5 seconds and walk right back up that hill, being a long range sniper is only really good for boosting your self esteem and cert farming. Infiltrators specialize in getting into exploitative positions. Some favorites are getting behind enemy lines and picking off engineers trying to repair vehicles and/or the drivers of the vehicles themselves so your team can destroy them, as well as getting into a corner and picking off medics trying to revive people. Not too surprisingly, infiltrators are at their best when infiltrating. I'd say hacking turrets, but, in a big assault they'll be destroyed in seconds anyway.

Lights are good for being where no one is supposed to be, on top of roofs or jumping over walls. Of course, both of these roles can change dramatically if you're with an organized squad VS. a faction zerg. If you're just part of the PuG zerg your only real option for helping is heavy or medic.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2012-12-01 at 05:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    Sniping has bullet travel speed, so it's not for everyone. It isn't the most useful thing, but it's nice for picking off certain people that are in the front line.
    Infiltrator are great for well, being a gigantic dick if done correctly.
    I well... infiltrate as an infiltrator with light rifle. It is glorious harassing a small tower with 20 people running around for ten minutes.

Light assault is similar to infiltrator, except instead of being cloak and hack / sabotage. They're more on the lines of flank and kill.

Like Lysah outlined, it changes depending on the group. I've had groups of 2-3 infiltrator (me included) just go through the base hacking the stuff and then the general zerg comes through and does what the zerg does. It is amusingly effective, but it is really dependent on the group.
    Infiltrators and light assault are great for sabotaging generators.
    In the end, just find out what you like.
    (heavy is boring :P).

Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    Don't think you should be having too many problems with that...
    Using a 2500k and a 560ti myself and only reach 40's in large fights :\
    Have you tried a completely clean video driver install (try the beta first?)
    Will give that a try, thanks!
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Does anyone else game freeze at 98% in the loading screen?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    Does anyone else game freeze at 98% in the loading screen?
    Does it all the time, have a bit of patience, it generally isn't actually frozen, it just take forever to load those last 2%.

Planet Side 2 Question

Are Cert points tied directly to experience gain? I kill a few people (get a total of 300-ish experience gain), and the gain 1 cert point. I capture a facility and gain 1000 xp and gain 4 cert points, etc etc. Is this how it works? I have that Station Cash currency and thinking about spending it on the bonus experience booster thing (but only if that gives me Certs). Thanks if anyone knows

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Julian View Post
    Are Cert points tied directly to experience gain? I kill a few people (get a total of 300-ish experience gain), and the gain 1 cert point. I capture a facility and gain 1000 xp and gain 4 cert points, etc etc. Is this how it works? I have that Station Cash currency and thinking about spending it on the bonus experience booster thing (but only if that gives me Certs). Thanks if anyone knows
    You get 1 cert per 250 xp, but you also get certs for Weapon / Vehicle medals. Bronze medal gets 1, Silver gets 5, Gold gets 10.

How are medals earned? Is it per life or per gaming session, or a cumulative total like battlefield 3 end rankings with weapons?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Julian View Post
    How are medals earned? Is it per life or per gaming session, or a cumulative total like battlefield 3 end rankings with weapons?
    Getting a specific number of kills with a weapon or vehicle weapon earns you the medals. They're cumulative, 10 kills for bronze, 60 for silver, 150 for gold and 1000 for Auraxium, which gives you 100 cert points.

Oh, and you also get one cert per hour, whether online or offline.

Ahhhh, very interesting thanks for all the info!

Doing well so far, really loving the game! Need an outfit though

Deleted
    Need an outfit though
    Same. I'm having difficulty finding any on Ceres. They all seem to be non-english speaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Istaril View Post
    Same. I'm having difficulty finding any on Ceres. They all seem to be non-english speaking.
    I'm on that server with the VS i ended up changing from TR to VS because the TR seemed very disorganized and unfocused.

Deleted
    meh i wish i could play Ps2 :/

too bad they've blocked my graphics card.