Why doesnt the Belfs go neutral?

Why doesnt the Blood elfs go neutral?

I ask this thinking that what are the belfs still fighting for?

The Scourge has been destroyed

There vengeance against arthas has been sated

The Sunwell has been restored

Seriously why are they still in the horde fighting battles in far flung places like kalimdor and pandaria

The alliance is no threat now the forsaken have more or less secured and laid claim to everything north of the thandol span and im sure garrosh horde isnt powerful enough now the bulk of the forces in pandaria to launch a retaliatory strike if Loreth'mar ever decide to just go neutral

seriously i bet belfs just wanna hit the hookah and chillax instead of fighting battles that have no real benefit to them

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just because the Alliance isnt a huge looming threat now dsnt mean they cant be in the future,

Plus the Elves just escaped from near extinction, they arent really on the best footing right now, and its always good to have allies.
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Deleted
    Perhaps there are trade agreements and such in place? Perhaps if the blood elves withdraw from their pact, Garrosh will invade their country just as he did with Undercity? Perhaps the magic-hungry addicts see Garrosh as a potential source for more magic somehow?

Who knows.

Or, just perhaps, it's because of WoW?

there were already tensions between the blood elves and Alliance before and now imagine after all these years of working for the horde. What, you think after everything thats been done the alliance and them are just going to act like they havent been enemies? The families are going to forget that they havent lost loved ones to blood elf/alliance soldiers?

10+ Year Old Account
    Theron's learned the value of having reliable allies, the hard way. Anasterian didn't really get that memo, and it contributed to the borderline-extinction of his race.

I don't see them ever going neutral again; their government will always make sure they have powerful allies. Total independence hasn't worked out well for them historically.

Because the gameplay is more important than the lore?

That's my guess anyway

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, if they gained support from the Horde, who support them, then just left them, they would be treated as enemies, then, the Alliance being at war with them as they are Horde members, would still likely act hostile towards them, especially due to their relationship with Nelfs. Thus, they'd be unpopular with both factions, and would also struggle with finding strong allies.

So all in all, it would be a bad move.

Fantastic Signature made by Maybenotquiteasheavy

Deleted
    Didn't the Blood Elves get rejected by the Alliance in the first place? I know in W3 the Alliance treated them like dirt, I'm not great with lore though so maybe someone more knowledgeable could dig it up for me. ><

''Hey Horde, thank you for everything you've done for us. Without your help we would've been whiped out a long time ago! Now that all of our problems have been solved, we can be enemies again and we will kill all of your beloved ones.''

Kinda how I've seen it

Blademaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    "Oh hey, thanks guys for helping us out when we were in a shitty situation, but ya know what, f**k you, we're out." -Alliance player mindset of what the Blood Elves should do

OMG like, why don't the Draenei like leave the Alliance and like, go neutral? The Alliance's conflicts aren't any of their concern anyway, cuz they're like, from outer space 'n stuff.

Deleted
    Sunwell has been restored, but there's been no confirmation as to whether it has completely sated their mana lust or not. Certainly hasn't cured all the Belven corruption that happened cause of demonic energy (ie, green eyes).

Secondly, why would they want to be independant? Independence in WoW is a very rare thing, if you're not allied to the Alliance or Horde, you're either allied/serving the Old Gods or Burning Legion directly or indirectly (or, if you're a conspiracist, they're one in the same), or you're going to be invaded by the Alliance or Horde soon enough, offered a "deal" which suits them more than you, or just plain old enslaved.

Thirdly, the closest they have to "friendly" relations with anything not a Belf are the Forsaken, who not only are allied (and partly crucial) to the Horde, but with the Forsaken under general Kor'kron observation, they won't be independant soon.

Fourthly, the Horde probably gives more advantadges to the Belves by being in it. Leaving aside the obvious "allies to protect me", they give them a viable outlet for their armies, not to mention individual Belves getting spoils of war.

And lastly, it's an excuse to kill those damn Night Elves, who wouldn't want that?

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    Theron's learned the value of having reliable allies, the hard way. Anasterian didn't really get that memo, and it contributed to the borderline-extinction of his race.

I don't see them ever going neutral again; their government will always make sure they have powerful allies. Total independence hasn't worked out well for them historically.
    Yeah Lor'themar is like a combination of Kael'thas and Anasterian, doing whatever is necessary, but is actually willing to really compromise.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinze View Post
    Didn't the Blood Elves get rejected by the Alliance in the first place? I know in W3 the Alliance treated them like dirt, I'm not great with lore though so maybe someone more knowledgeable could dig it up for me. ><
    They weren't rejected, even now Varian would have liked them in the Alliance, but alas the Dalaran incident put a stop to that.

Simple, because it would place a burden on Blizzard to balance out Horde and Alliance. In other words, lore is kept in check by game mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    Plus the Elves just escaped from near extinction, they arent really on the best footing right now, and its always good to have allies.
    With "allies" like Garrosh, who needs enemies?

---------- Post added 2012-12-01 at 05:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Anguished View Post
    especially due to their relationship with Nelfs.
    What relation is that? Spying on Blood Elves in BC was specifically spying on Kael'thas. Everyone knows he's a treacherous bastard now, if they bothered to update Quel'thalas at all, the Night Elf expedition should've packed up and left when the Sunwell was purified by *Velen*. Their current attitude towards the Night Elves isn't open hostility but rather a good deal of insult when Night Elves chastised them for their use of the Arcane and now are using it themselves and using the more reckless Highborne as instructors.