Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    1) Magtheridon
    2) Mount Hyjal
    3) AQ40

1. Trial of the Crusader - I really hated everything about the tournament. It made no sense to me, like "hey we're on death's doorstep, world's falling apart around us, let's have a medieval faire!" Bosses were uninteresting, although heroic was challenging enough. It was just bland and pointless.

2. Onyxia's Lair - As intricate as Onyxia's storyline was, the raid was a disappointment in comparison. Katrana Prestor's manipulation of just about all of the political struggles in Azeroth shows that she was extremely intelligent and cunning. Her raid... not so much. I understand it was original content, and most bosses at that point weren't really all that exciting. It just felt like a huge letdown after doing both faction's attunements and seeing the scope of her capabilities.

3. Naxxramas (level 60) - This raid was the first that really made raiding feel like a job to me. Farming up resistance gear and buffs, endless recruiting for tanks, trash mobs that went on for days... AQ40 was time consuming, but Naxx seemed much worse. Some of the bosses were downright boring, while others were excruciatingly painful. In a time before dual spec when people had to respec for fights... the whole design of the place just felt too punishing. My guild ended up clearing it fairly quickly, and it was an accomplishment, but I think I felt more relief than anything to be done with the place.

1) Trial of the Crusader
    2) Firelands

I really don't have a 3rd to list. Firelands is only on my list because I didn't like the setting and atmosphere. Some of the fights were pretty fun though.

Trial of the Crusader wasn't too terrible either, but the way they implemented it was. Having to do the same instance 4 times a week got old really fast. I ended up unsubbing because of that. I also didn't like activating the hard modes by simply setting an interface option. Part of the fun of Ulduar and Sartharion was that you had to do something different in the instance to activate the hard mode.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dragon Soul
    Serpent Shrine
    Trial of the Crusader
    Cthulhu 2024, why vote for a lesser evil

Deleted
    Trial of the Crusader - nothing to explain here, I just pretend it didnt exist.
    Blackwing Descent - made no sense whatsoever from a lore perspective, uninteresting ambience and I would have liked a bigger Tot4W raid, Cata was supposed to be the "elements" expansion but we got a small Air-raid and no Water-raids, was one of my main complaints with that exp.
    Icecrown Citadel - was a complete letdown from me, expecially the upper part. Expected much more story, the end was terrible and I hated the Putricide wing.

Dishonorable mention also for Onyxia/Naxx revamps and EoE - terribad treatment for a freaking Aspect.

Deleted
    ToC 10
    ToC 25
    Togc 10
    *Ran out of room but you know whats coming*

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Heart of Fear is pretty darn bad.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    I like the wide spectrum of different opinion in this topic.
    For me:
    ToC - I found the encounters fun but the area of the raids was bland and uninteresting.
    DS - Yes I don't think it was so terribad I liked the concept of "let's defend instead of attack for once" execution lacked though and it still pales to other raids.
    MC - sorry, except the Ragnaros encounters it was an horrid experience for me. Lava packs lol (yes BWL had suppresion rooms that were worst, but bosses were widely more interesting)

10+ Year Old Account
    has everyone forgotten about ruby sanctum? good god that place was awful and was brought in at a bad time too. no one cared to complete it because cata was right around the corner. no one wanted to work for gear that they were getting rid of in 2 months.

----------------------------------------
    you are now consciously breathing
    ----------------------------------------

1) Trial of the Grand Crusader / Trial of the Crusader - This instance was just totally boring. The content was lame, the mechanics were awful and the armour was some of the ugliest I've ever seen. Definitely, the lowest point of Wrath of the Lich King.

2) Throne of the Four Winds - It had such amazing potential. I remember seeing for the first time screenshots from Blizzard of Throne of the Four Winds and the Dungeon. It looked amazing, the visual was just breathtaking, yet the raid was just utterly pathetic. I liked the bosses, but the fact that there were only two makes me list it as a terrible raid, purely because it was a let down.

3) Dragon Soul - I really didn't want to list this and be repetitive, but my god this was bad. The entire expansion we had this fear of Deathwing. His ability to obliterate entire zones in one breathe left me astounded, and I often thought of how amazing the fights must be leading up to him, and on him. Once more though, I was majorly let down. A lot of nice mechanics, implemented poorly and overall a bad raid. Not to mention his death, just utter shit.

There are other bad raids in my view, raids that again, could've been LOADS better. I am half tempted to apply to work at Blizzard as an instance developer, because some of the lame ass junk they come up with is just appalling sometimes.

---------- Post added 2012-12-01 at 08:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by fapjackmasta View Post
    has everyone forgotten about ruby sanctum? good god that place was awful and was brought in at a bad time too. no one cared to complete it because cata was right around the corner. no one wanted to work for gear that they were getting rid of in 2 months.
    I do agree, Ruby Sanctum was utter junk, but it wasn't the worst. Pathetic, stupid and disappointing yes, but not the worst.

I can't see how any raid can even compete on a "Worst Raids" list with Hyjal.

Every single thing about that raid was worse than terrible.

1. Dragon Soul
    2. Dragon Soul
    3. Dragon Soul

1: Sunwell - Class stacking, guild breaking and rage inducing. Didn't have 5 shamans? Forget it... Didn't have 5 Priests? Guess you weren't getting passed Felmyst.... Ohhh and by the way, now that you've finished this expansion, here, take this legendary for 2 months so you can not use it for anything important...

2: Naxx 10/25 - Complete reversal from sunwell, way too easy and overstayed it's welcome for rehashed content.

3: Dragon Soul - Both Deathwing fights were MAJOR let downs. Going from an amazing end of tier boss like Rag to this crap was beyond a joke...
    Quote Originally Posted by Zillionhz View Post
    By fiber be purged

Deleted
    Meh, I'm easily pleased so I'll call this list my top 3 most disappointing raids instead.

1) ToC
    2) ICC
    3) DS

ToC for obvious reasons, but I was disappointed that after Ulduar we had to endure this nonsense, plus I was in a 25man guild at the time so we did all the modes, took a myriad of hours just to clear it.
    Spending time in two rooms for many hours kinda reminds me of playing WoW. World of World of Warcraft, I'd say.

ICC was disappointing in the pool of bosses we got presented.
    I liked the place, but it was condensed too much into the wing-concept, which is very bland and boring architecture imo.

Deathwing had to be sold as a badass character with a really glorified raid to go with him.
    Did we get it? fuck no.
    I love what they did with Dragonblight, as I love the zone itself, hate the quests there. What disappointed me greatly was that we killed some trash and the world's easiest boss, and then we had no more Dragonblight. Now it was time to fight 2 bosses with lackluster mechanics. Zon'ozz was interesting to me the first time, but after that I realized how stupidly boring it was. The ball was a glorified debuff timer. Yor'sahj was hard if nobody at all knew what the colors did. LOLOL JUST GET THE ADDON 1SHOT GG.
    Ultraxion - glorified Patchwerk.
    Blackhorn - glorified reverse Gunship

Spine of Deathwing was interesting to me, in the sense that we weakened a corrupted dragon aspect by ripping his armor off and knifing his back.
    The problem? It did not bring the epic fight I hoped for, all we saw around us were clouds, the best visual effect was the shrapnel flying through the air.
    Madness did not bring expectations to the table either. He did not fall to corruption in the way I hoped, he still retained his body and how did he die?
    ONE kamehameha, gone. I had even hoped for the beam to break a hole in his torso, so we could see him fall down and die at our feet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yalingo View Post
    1: Sunwell - Class stacking, guild breaking and rage inducing. Didn't have 5 shamans? Forget it... Didn't have 5 Priests? Guess you weren't getting passed Felmyst.... Ohhh and by the way, now that you've finished this expansion, here, take this legendary for 2 months so you can not use it for anything important...
    My favorite WoW raid, as it can still kill max level players if they think it's just a faceroll level 70 raid.

I laugh everytime they do try to faceroll, as they die, die, die. Then I make a real point of saying, "I did warn you. Pays to listen to your healers...".
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

1. Dragon Soul
    2. Hyjal
    3. ToC

1. Heart of fear
    2. ICC
    3. Dragon soul

1. ToC
    2. DS
    3. EoE

1. Naxx 2.0 - Way too easy, especially considering there wasn't a hard mode version of anything. Killed everything on 25 in a few hours first week which really didn't do the place justice.

2. ToC - A very lackluster grind.

3. ZG - I liked the instance, but the loot setup was quite annoying. Having most bosses drop blues the majority of the time but having some great gear off Hakkar at the time made it feel very grindy, especially because you had to do so many bosses to get there. Having to go back for enchants wasn't great either.