Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Hunters in Brawlers Guild

Hey,

Trying to complete the rank 8 4/4 achievement in Brawler's on a Hunter. I managed to kill both Disruptron and Zen'shar which are both pet friendly and doable, however it seems like hunters are absolutely useless on both Millhouse and Epicus Maximus.

On Millhouse, your pet doesn't get the stacks of the 500% damage debuff required to kill the boss, forcing you to play SV or MM on a single target fight, and even then you're still losing a good part of your damage. This fight has a very tight enrage (probably the worst) and trying to do the fight with your pet doing 30k DPS as BM isn't going to cut it

Epicus seems to require in excess of 100k DPS, which is doable on a hunter, however yet again pets are borderline retarded. For some reason the pets are valid targets for the beam (ticks for about 30k) as well as the shit on the floor (50k) which is literally everywhere, ferocity pets cannot stay on the boss during beam casts (half of the fight), so you have to pull them back which just isn't realistic if you want to meet the enrage (for which you need to play BM).

I guess it's no surprise really - Blizzard have only had 8 years to design pet friendly mechanics.

Has anyone found any valid strategies for either of these bosses?
    Last edited by Gunba; 2012-12-01 at 03:51 AM.

I feel ya bro even though I'm not a hunter, Epicus usually kills my fire elemental in 5-10 secs which means I lose 1M+ dmg and makes the enrage very hard.

Did they make it so you cant MD your pet in the arena anymore? It flat out does not work for me :|

Quote Originally Posted by Rtslbd View Post
    Did they make it so you cant MD your pet in the arena anymore? It flat out does not work for me :|
    No you can't... I have to cast MD right before I go in.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    No you can't... I have to cast MD right before I go in.
    Ah ok, well that works thanks.

Deleted
    Any tips for Unguloxx, the giraffe which hits like a truck?
    God, I seriously kept wiping 4 hours on it today.
    Can't find a way to kill it. My pet keeps dying in 2 seconds, and I dont know if I'm too slow, or I'm doing it completely wrong. The fight takes 20 seconds for me.
    Guess I should go SV, as my pet is useless on this fight. Haven't played SV for last 3 months so will have to exercise a bit.

Any tips would be very appreciated.

I 1 shot that boss but not that easily. Key is to kite him as much as you can with slows such as traps/glaives. My pet died pretty quickly and my heart of the pheonix was used up quickly, i had to rely on dire beast, glaive toss and arcane shot to bring him down. Make sure you kite him into corners then disengage far away. Keep distance away and burn.

Im getting fisted on gg engineering T_T

Quote Originally Posted by gayia View Post
    Can't find a way to kill it. My pet keeps dying in 2 seconds, and I dont know if I'm too slow, or I'm doing it completely wrong. The fight takes 20 seconds for me.
    Guess I should go SV, as my pet is useless on this fight. Haven't played SV for last 3 months so will have to exercise a bit.

I just facerolled it as BM. Pre put my trap down, then popped all my CDs and kited. Had my pet specced tenacity too.

I've hit a roadblock with battletron, even if I do only hit one of his shields his 40k laser that he does just ends up killing me over time. On top of that I'm using exhilaration + healthstone + master healing potion + exilaration from readiness + spirit mends from pet and stampede pets = ~160% of my HP. Now I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. It can't be my damage because I'm doing my normal rotation... Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Gunba View Post
    Hey,

Trying to complete the rank 8 4/4 achievement in Brawler's on a Hunter. I managed to kill both Disruptron and Zen'shar which are both pet friendly and doable, however it seems like hunters are absolutely useless on both Millhouse and Epicus Maximus.

On Millhouse, your pet doesn't get the stacks of the 500% damage debuff required to kill the boss
    This is such a common problem that I am practically campaigning about. Blizzard needs to SERIOUSLY implement something so we don't have to beg for it.

Also, pets do around 20% of our dps in surv and mm. So yes it is even a huge disadvantage to those specs as well.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gayia View Post

This fight is stupidly easy, don't let your pet get aggro and kite him. I did it without taking damage until the end where I cba'd to kite more and just nuked the last few %. Remember you can use all abilities while moving except Power Shot if you for some reason take that.

However I am having trouble with Battletron now. Got to it after the buff to 9.6million health. My problem is I don't have any healing to survive that much damage. Is there any tips for doing it? I am playing Survival which is kinda the only spec I can do good.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    I've hit a roadblock with battletron, even if I do only hit one of his shields his 40k laser that he does just ends up killing me over time. On top of that I'm using exhilaration + healthstone + master healing potion + exilaration from readiness + spirit mends from pet and stampede pets = ~160% of my HP. Now I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. It can't be my damage because I'm doing my normal rotation... Any suggestions?
    I'm quite stuck at battletron too. I think my best try was around 20% before I was done in by the lazers, but my biggest problem seems to be that I don't have any spirit beasts, so I can't get the extra healing from that.
    Other than that I found deterrence-bandaging to be quite useful, and I didn't actually test this, but I guess having a tenacity pet to intervene you would also be beneficial.

I'm having issue on all bosses where my pet just takes threat and dies in a few seconds. Not using MD, It's not taunting and it's in DPS spec. Anyone have a fix for this?

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    I'm having issue on all bosses where my pet just takes threat and dies in a few seconds. Not using MD, It's not taunting and it's in DPS spec. Anyone have a fix for this?
    Yeah, I have the same issue. I don't really get it.

Update on Epicus, it's obviously possible, but you need to be doing about 92-93k DPS while mending/rezzing/moving your pet around. Died at ~300k earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Erihs View Post
    I'm quite stuck at battletron too. I think my best try was around 20% before I was done in by the lazers, but my biggest problem seems to be that I don't have any spirit beasts, so I can't get the extra healing from that.
    Other than that I found deterrence-bandaging to be quite useful, and I didn't actually test this, but I guess having a tenacity pet to intervene you would also be beneficial.
    Sadly his laser goes through my deterrence so I'm stuck there.

Managed to kill Epicus, somehow my pet randomly survived an entire attempt, required 93.5k DPS min.

Seems like Millhouse might be possible also with ~495 ilvl, flawless crystal spawn RNG and every buff possible. Have to play SV and the end recount will show something crazy like 400k DPS/11k DPS hunter/pet.

Also, if you're stuck on Battletron even post buff (9m HP iirc?) you're gonna have a lot of trouble in rank 8 bosses. I think that's probably why he got buffed.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunba View Post
    Also, if you're stuck on Battletron even post buff (9m HP iirc?) you're gonna have a lot of trouble in rank 8 bosses. I think that's probably why he got buffed.
    How are the rank 8 bosses when it comes to self healing requirements? Because it's not like it's the ~82k dps requirement for enrage that makes Battletron hard, just staying alive longer than a minute because of the unavoidable damage.
    On my best attempt I got him down to 12% with 95k dps. But then again, I'm still missing a spirit beast, and I can see how spirit mend might make it quite a bit easier.
    Anyways, I'm not really whining, it's fun to actually have some hard "official" solo content.
    Last edited by Erihs; 2012-12-02 at 12:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Erihs View Post
    How are the rank 8 bosses when it comes to self healing requirements? Because it's not like it's the ~82k dps requirement for enrage that makes Battletron hard, just staying alive longer than a minute because of the unavoidable damage.
    On my best attempt I got him down to 12% with 95k dps. But then again, I'm still missing a spirit beast, and I can see how spirit mend might make it quite a bit easier.
    Anyways, I'm not really whining, it's fun to actually have some hard "official" solo content.
    Millhouse is pretty similar to Battletron (except more damage needed), the other 3 are more the fact that no selfhealing = no recovery from getting hit by bad shit. I'm pretty sure certain buffs carry over to the fight like Earth Shield, so might be worth considering.

I too am stuck on battletron.

I have the DPS but do not have the self heals to survive his constant lasers. Also you cannot get aggro onto the pet.

Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    I too am stuck on battletron.

I have the DPS but do not have the self heals to survive his constant lasers. Also you cannot get aggro onto the pet.
    Yeah it's annoying... I almost had him because I used feign death mid fight and waited for my pet's spirit mend to come off of CD since the laser doesn't target you that way. Got him to like 10% hp then the fire came =(

Seems like Millhouse is possible if you get 100 stacks in 2 sets, smash everything and then run to the other side of the room during the enrage and allow your 10 seconds of buff to carry you over.