Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[5.1] Zen Flight Nerf?

Ive noticed when flying on my cloud that if I get into combat for more than a few seconds I immediately get kicked off my cloud and given a parachute for about 10 seconds. Anyone else noticing this? It really becomes a problem when you end up agroing mobs that can range you while you fly away, thus kicking you off your cloud.

Deleted
    I know they got rid of the advantage we had while doing a certain Golden Lotus daily

Guess there's virtually no utilitarian reason to glyph this anymore. You can have it back Druids.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Yip. Its pretty much completely worthless now.

Its good for if you are falling? And not in combat. You cant loot anymore, once something aggros you, it goes away.

you can still use it on the Temple of White tiger celestial dailys! you hold the torch while still on the cloud completly skipping the quest

10+ Year Old Account
    It's kind of ridiculous. Just bump it to proper mount speed. I would pay gold to make it a proper mount.

Deleted
    It still saves my life when I accidentally dismount while flying high over Pandaria. :-)

Deleted
    laugh at me haha
    Last edited by mmoce87a2ac269; 2012-11-30 at 11:54 PM.

^ everyone point at this guy and laugh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Muppsan View Post
    Still missing shoulders and haven't found any fitting boots yet but this is the end result
    wrong thread.

havnt played much since patch cause buys but i did notice that i get "dismounted" on aggro

Deleted
    Didn't notice this, was doing my dailies on the cloud as usual.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by billtimbob View Post
    ^ everyone point at this guy and laugh
    haha I am too, totally the wrong thread.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumatran View Post
    Yip. Its pretty much completely worthless now.

Its good for if you are falling? And not in combat. You cant loot anymore, once something aggros you, it goes away.
    I still can loot while on it.

The main reason this was done was to stop exploiting the cloud, for example flying into Orgrimmar and sniping low hp npcs and players, while fun seemed like an unintended use for the cloud.

Also some dailies you could completely avoid events with making it stupid easy.

Of course you can still use the cloud for many of it's other fun uses:

- Fishing in the ocean
    - Hearthing or teleporting
    - Mounting in mid air
    - Healing in mid air
    - saving yourself from accidently dismounting
    - looking like a bad ass on a flying nimbus cloud.

All that for one minor glyph? I'm still sold!
    Monk Guides/Tips & Fun unique videos check it out:
    YouTube.com/SmashUpGaming

Quote Originally Posted by Smashpanda View Post
    The main reason this was done was to stop exploiting the cloud, for example flying into Orgrimmar and sniping low hp npcs and players, while fun seemed like an unintended use for the cloud.
    How were people attacking while on the cloud, anyway?

Also some dailies you could completely avoid events with making it stupid easy.

Of course you can still use the cloud for many of it's other fun uses:

- Fishing in the ocean
    - Hearthing or teleporting
    - Mounting in mid air
    - Healing in mid air
    - saving yourself from accidently dismounting
    - looking like a bad ass on a flying nimbus cloud.

All that for one minor glyph? I'm still sold!
    Personal preference. I'd rather just roll a druid if it means I can no longer do my dailies while in "flight form" if I'm a Monk. Or rather, I won't be using the cloud for anything other than the above two reasons and the second leads to the first.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Personal preference. I'd rather just roll a druid if it means I can no longer do my dailies while in "flight form" if I'm a Monk. Or rather, I won't be using the cloud for anything other than the above two reasons and the second leads to the first.
    You choose your class based on which can best exploit dailies?

Quote Originally Posted by Aileron View Post
    Read the next sentence.
    [What's half of minor?]

Yes, some people do.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    How were people attacking while on the cloud, anyway?
    I believe you needed to also glyph Spinning Fire Blossom and then you could use it to kill people, watch the end of this video to see an example of the mischeif I got up to:

Monk Guides/Tips & Fun unique videos check it out:
    YouTube.com/SmashUpGaming

Deleted
    Think he means that there's no point in using the cloud for anything else than dailies at the moment, and I agree with him + add fishing to it