Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    k so GG engineers was a joke for me once I figure out an easy strat.
    At the start run up where they spawn (start on the right guy),pop everything and spread a big combust. When they teleport stick on the death ray guy and interrupt him as much as possible. When you get low ice block/cold snap and sit on top of him and let the rockets take him down. When you get low again go inside the next shield that comes up and evocate to full. After that they were almost dead and I finished them off in ice block with rockets. Currently on Battletron now and should get him in the next attempt.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm giving up for tonight. Time to go take a nap - I cannot currently produce the numbers needed to kill the rank 8 bosses anyway, maybe apart from Milhouse Manastorm. Perhaps if I had buffs such as Kings or Might, but alas I do not. Have a nice day everyone!
    Armory
    Twitter
    Altered-Time.com - the #1 Mage Theorycrafting community.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathDefier View Post
    k so GG engineers was a joke for me once I figure out an easy strat.
    At the start run up where they spawn (start on the right guy),pop everything and spread a big combust.
    Stopped reading there

All jokes aside, thank you for the fire strat you did.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

Deleted
    I'm at rank 8 right now, did every boss as frost, but it seems the rare opponents are a lot easier as fire.

Quote Originally Posted by LocNess View Post
    Stopped reading there

All jokes aside, thank you for the fire strat you did.
    Yeah I hear you, the nerfs really made this harder lol.

As for me I reached rank 8 and tried my first boss. I forget the name of it, but it's the boss with the lines of death that sweep across the ground and the disks. Got it down to 20% first try, so I think that one is actually doable with a little better dps before the disks get out of hand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gave GG about 10 attempts. Got him down to 900k one try. Really packed fight with all the crap you have to keep up with UGH
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

Rank 4 now, fire has just been melting faces.
    Going to make a frost spec in case i need it.

Really dont want to waste gold reforging, so prob won't.

I lvl 487

I'm currently 3/4 Rank 8, with Disruptron to go. I was on my way to getting him, but then the hotfix to combustion and critical mass hit...
    I'm now wiping to enrage at about 15-20%, where as before i was getting to 5%, going to have to wait for some upgrades (I'm 494 ilvl) til I can get him or some very good rng.

Deleted
    Anyone have any tips how do deal with GG engineers after the nerf?

Quote Originally Posted by mattaki11 View Post
    Anyone have any tips how do deal with GG engineers after the nerf?
    Read my post on page 1, its still quite easy using that strat.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Deleted
    i wonder if it's worth paying 50k+ for one invite :<

They were selling for 100k on my server on the first day that the invites were up. I just snatched one for 45k. 50k seems a fair price if you're on a medium population server.

I'm rank 5, almost rank 6. Stuck at the Leper Gnome Quintet :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magisimoo View Post
    i wonder if it's worth paying 50k+ for one invite :<
    Farm it if you have the time then. The invite is account wide in case you didn't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Gronlaender View Post
    I'm rank 5, almost rank 6. Stuck at the Leper Gnome Quintet :/
    You just have to burn a few down quickly to make it easier to kite and reduce the incoming damage. Frost is quite good for that fight like it is for most of the brawler's guild.

Quote Originally Posted by jtmzac View Post
    Farm it if you have the time then. The invite is account wide in case you didn't know.

You just have to burn a few down quickly to make it easier to kite and reduce the incoming damage. Frost is quite good for that fight like it is for most of the brawler's guild.
    I've tryed both as frost and fire. I don't have the dps as frost. And i don't have the survivability as fire

Any tips for Dark Summoner? His melee and shadowbolt are killing me on their own, let alone trying to kill the ghosts and kite him at the same time.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gronlaender View Post
    I've tryed both as frost and fire. I don't have the dps as frost. And i don't have the survivability as fire
    Well it will definitely depend on your ilvl a lot. As a 485 frost mage all the fights getting to rank 7 were easy. I usually do fights with full raid buffs but I always forget to use health potions or healthstones.

I've found macro'ing the brawler's intellect potion to alter time works well. As frost your elemental should actually pull a fair bit of threat and tank the mobs for a bit and this helps with survival a lot.

The setup I use is Scorch, Ice Barrier, Ice ward, Cold Snap, Nether Tempest, Incanter's Ward with glyphs of Water Elemental, Frost Nova and Counterspell.
    MB: Asus Maximus V Extreme CPU: 3770k@4.5Ghz custom water loop GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 RAM: Corsair 4x4GB 1600Mhz 7-8-8-24
    SSD: Samsung 830 256GB PSU: Corsair AX850 CASE: Corsair 800D
    Armory

Quote Originally Posted by jtmzac View Post
    Well it will definitely depend on your ilvl a lot. As a 485 frost mage all the fights getting to rank 7 were easy. I usually do fights with full raid buffs but I always forget to use health potions or healthstones.

I've found macro'ing the brawler's intellect potion to alter time works well. As frost your elemental should actually pull a fair bit of threat and tank the mobs for a bit and this helps with survival a lot.

The setup I use is Scorch, Ice Barrier, Ice ward, Cold Snap, Nether Tempest, Incanter's Ward with glyphs of Water Elemental, Frost Nova and Counterspell.
    I finally managed to kill them, as fire

Quote Originally Posted by LocNess View Post
    Gave GG about 10 attempts. Got him down to 900k one try. Really packed fight with all the crap you have to keep up with UGH
    Yeah, Its a pretty rough fight. One trick i didnt know until my last few attempts is that the rockets will interrupt the Gnomish Death Ray. That helped my survivability A TON, and i would use a mix of Combustion (yeah, even suboptimal ones), Dragon Breath and Deep Freezes for the rest.

---------- Post added 2012-12-01 at 11:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    Any tips for Dark Summoner? His melee and shadowbolt are killing me on their own, let alone trying to kill the ghosts and kite him at the same time.
    My best on the summoner is like 60% so i would definitely love to see some tips too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.

Stuck at Battletron atm, 50% first try and he enraged, so yeah. Need to up my game on that one for sure...