Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Time to start botting.

I'm at my wits end with PvP in WoW.

I just got the game on black friday so I am behind in the gearing curve, so that means I get my ass handed to me in PvP.

This is not fun.

I win about 1 in every 5 BGs I get into, giving me an average honor earned about 150 per BG and each BG lasts on average 10 minutes.

That is 900 honor/hour.

A full set of upgraded blue PvP gear costs 44500 honor. At 900/hour that is 50 hours of getting my ass handed to me because I'm not geared. Why would I or anyone else want this?

So, time to start botting till I can actually play and have fun.

How strange some people need to share they are losers and cheats and there are some things their mummies cannot do for them? And they think wrecking other peoples games is a good thing? And they think they are clever doing it? Can other people hope so hard the permabans come soon? And that karma will hit people many times over the next 50 years because it so often seems that people who cheat are usually the first to cry when someone, in their eyes, cheats them?

10+ Year Old Account
    What do you expect, coming in to MoP 2 MONTHS "late"? Should I cry because my Ret paladin alt cannot do MSV normal as soon as he dings 90 2 months late?
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Quote Originally Posted by Saffa View Post
    How strange some people need to share they are losers and cheats and there are some things their mummies cannot do for them? And they think wrecking other peoples games is a good thing? And they think they are clever doing it? Can other people hope so hard the permabans come soon? And that karma will hit people many times over the next 50 years because it so often seems that people who cheat are usually the first to cry when someone, in their eyes, cheats them?
    Actually this was to point out the HUGE GAPING FLAWS in WoW's PvP system, any why botting has become so prevalent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then you're just another botter, who if I saw you botting I would report ingame.

Actually this was to point out the HUGE GAPING FLAWS in WoW's PvP system, any why botting has become so prevalent.

There are far better ways to do it. You would just add to the problem.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    What do you expect, coming in to MoP 2 MONTHS "late"? Should I cry because my Ret paladin alt cannot do MSV normal as soon as he dings 90 2 months late?
    I dunno what you're doing wrong. I hit 90 on my monk, and tanked MSV normal the next day.

---------- Post added 2012-12-02 at 01:01 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    Then you're just another botter, who if I saw you botting I would report ingame.
    There are far better ways to do it. You would just add to the problem.
    The problem is with the game, not with the people trying to play it for fun (but can't because the grind for a starter set is ridiculous)

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem is with the game, not with the people trying to play it for fun (but can't because the grind for a starter set is ridiculous)
    No the problem is people trying to bot. Don't try and turn this around. You were going to bot, that is ON YOUR HANDS not Blizzard.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    No the problem is people trying to bot. Don't try and turn this around. You were going to bot, that is ON YOUR HANDS not Blizzard.
    What about that part where I tried to play but there were too many people botting for me to enjoy myself?

yep this is why wow has the worst pvp. i strongly suggest you play other pvp games

Quote Originally Posted by Edds View Post
    yep this is why wow has the worst pvp. i strongly suggest you play other pvp games
    I still play GW2/PS2 as my main PvP games. Some friends wanted to do some wow pvp with me though and now I have to bot or tell them no.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was using that as an example, and assuming you don't BoE the hell out of your new 90, which is the PvE equivalent of having lots of PvP gear close to dinging. And, have you looked at trade chat lately? "Must have T1 wep for random BG farming" "muist be ilvl 470+ for normal MSV" = no way a new 90 could do anything unless you have connections or have a lot of gold.

That's beside the point really - and, aren't the 450 BoE PvP pieces and a 463 PvE weapon/trinkets good enough for random BGs?
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    I was using that as an example, and assuming you don't BoE the hell out of your new 90, which is the PvE equivalent of having lots of PvP gear close to dinging. And, have you looked at trade chat lately? "Must have T1 wep for random BG farming" "muist be ilvl 470+ for normal MSV" = no way a new 90 could do anything unless you have connections or have a lot of gold.

That's beside the point really - and, aren't the 450 BoE PvP pieces and a 463 PvE weapon/trinkets good enough for random BGs?
    Found a friend still playing
    Joined her guild as a reroll
    Did heroics and got fully heroic geared in about 8 hours.
    Raided MSV that night.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercarcher View Post
    If only there were some cheap crafted set to help out...

bought the 450 blue set on my druid, win most of my games, fully geared in 466 now. i fail to see your point. if you have gear issues, buy the damn blue gear, its a max of 500g even on my screwed economy server

10+ Year Old Account
    What about that part where I tried to play but there were too many people botting for me to enjoy myself?
    I haven't encountered any in my time of PVP. Not trying to deny it but I'm not so sure it's rampant. Even so it doesn't justify botting.

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    You dont have to bott.... you dont have to do shit. Stop crying and farm better gear so you can do better. Pretty simple. If you dont like it dont play
    "BC was a hot chick that took alot of work but was rewarding in the end, Cata is the drunk chick that supplied similar results with less effort." -couldnt have said it better.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Give up trying to understand her, women tend to handle problems with emotion rather than logic.

Quote Originally Posted by maximusrex View Post
    if only there were some cheap crafted set to help out...
    Preposterous!

Quote Originally Posted by Mercarcher View Post
    Apparently being bad at the game is a huge gaping flaw in the game.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

Deleted
    So, you skipped the weeks where gear didn't matter at all, 'cause hunters and warriors could oneshot anyone.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevarin View Post
    bought the 450 blue set on my druid, win most of my games, fully geared in 466 now. i fail to see your point. if you have gear issues, buy the damn blue gear, its a max of 500g even on my screwed economy server
    Boom, this right here, Buy the crafted gear, and no problem, at all, I did it as soon as i dinged on my Feral, and i had pretty decent stats and win most of the BGs i was in, i was doing BGs yesterday to get some Resto gear and won 2/3 and there was suprisingly small amounts of bots,

If you want to bot that's your choice, but doing so is stupid, Unfair to others as you'l just be screwing it up for those of us that try, and not to mention very lazy, Something people seem to forget now is TB, Do that when it comes up too, i do and get around 4-700 honor, and ofcourse you get 300honor from the win quest too