Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah.. you have to update the launcher to 1.0.8. no word from anything official though which is weird/troubling.

Our guild is looking at starting up a minecraft server and are likely going to use FTB as a base, though we will probably not enable everything in the pack. What I'm wondering is if there is some good server tools built in or something compatible that can be used beside this modpack. I know a lot of the server tools used to be bukkit based, but have they been redone to be forge compatible? In particular we are thinking about resetting spawn, block protection, warps and player permissions.

15+ Year Old Account
    Bukkit and Forge are not going to play nice together. There's also drama between them at the moment so I wouldn't expect compatibility any time soon. I would check the server support section of the FTB forums to see what other people are using now. I'm not to familiar with Forge based server plugins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Version 1.0.9 of the Launcher is out.

Version 1.0.9:

Multithreaded the console to prevent lag.
    Keep rei's minimap settings/data on modpack update.
    Fixed issue making force update not work.
    `
    Version 1.0.8:

Changed minecraft version checking.
    Auto-select last played modpack on loading.
    Cache modpack xml in event of repo being down.
    Improved console logging (keep previous logs on minecraft start).
    Change storage location of console logs to inside install folder.
    Created more debug output to help us track down issues.
    Logger code overhaul.
    Last edited by Greevir; 2012-11-27 at 11:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Version 1.1.0 of the launcher is out and has a few new features!

Version 1.1.0:

HTTP Checks on grabbing urls, prevent using repos with issues.
    '
    Added Italian translation files.
    Added Hungarian translation files.
    Reduce unneeded stress on repo server.
    Smart cleaning of mods folder on modpack update.
    Only delete folders after modpack is downloaded/extracted.
    Changed storage location of backup configs.
    Swapped from using vectors in localization to array list.
    Check MD5 of files on download to prevent corrupt files.
    Launch code overhaul.
    Implemented options for minecraft window size.
    Fixed visual glitch on dropdown.
    Implemented options to set launch position of minecraft.
    Fixed filter settings (only show modpacks with server files on server type selected).
    Fixed error text on play offline dialog.
    Fixed issue with log files overwriting all the time.
    Proper log formatting in console.

15+ Year Old Account
    Looks good. Just hoping they update the pack soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Looks good. Just hoping they update the pack soon.
    Ya, I went and looked at some vids of Redpower 2. I can see why ppl are so eager to see it released. It looks pretty awesome. Also hope to see them update the pack also. It's why I've not really built anything. Just goofing around with the mods.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    Ya, I went and looked at some vids of Redpower 2. I can see why ppl are so eager to see it released. It looks pretty awesome. Also hope to see them update the pack also. It's why I've not really built anything. Just goofing around with the mods.
    The update to 1.4.5 shouldn't break any worlds.

10+ Year Old Account
    The update to 1.4.5 shouldn't break any worlds.
    May not break the world but aren't things like marble and volcanoes being added? I have explored A LOT of area in my world I'm playing around in and would hate to go even farther to gather marble and collect lava.

Oh, and another question.... because I'm a noob to most of these mods, but there is a machine called a Crystallizer that I can use to make slimeballs (need sticky pistons for my doors). I found the recipe in NEI (cauldron, stick, string) but the machine doesn't do anything. I'm guessing a power source of some kind is needed? If so, what kind?

15+ Year Old Account
    May not break the world but aren't things like marble and volcanoes being added? I have explored A LOT of area in my world I'm playing around in and would hate to go even farther to gather marble and collect lava.

Oh, and another question.... because I'm a noob to most of these mods, but there is a machine called a Crystallizer that I can use to make slimeballs (need sticky pistons for my doors). I found the recipe in NEI (cauldron, stick, string) but the machine doesn't do anything. I'm guessing a power source of some kind is needed? If so, what kind?
    It's part of Factorization. It's actually the end tier machine for creating 3x from ore. You'll need a heater block next to it, connected to a battery, lead wire, that solar heater, a bunch of mirrors.

It works well though, I've used it to create slimeballs too. Check out a spotlight for factorization, it's far too much to fully explain.

Also, Redpower does do worldgen for marble and volcanoes and such, but I wouldn't hold my breath for it's release soon. Apparently there are more bugs popping up and there is still not ETA. I'm getting a little sick of it myself, but not a lot I can do. I expect FTB to update to 1.4.5 with or without RP2.

Are bees broken? I try to use the guides to breeding and when I try to get to the noble branch (by breeding cultivated princess with common drone), I always either get cultivated or common bees or, in rare event, majestic-noble bee (with majestic being dominant), which is really strange because majestic is made by breeding noble princess with cultivated drone. Also, I never get Diligent bees from industrial branch (process is same as with noble branch).

Otherwise, bee breeding is something I could really get into, if it made sense just like guides.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Are bees broken? I try to use the guides to breeding and when I try to get to the noble branch (by breeding cultivated princess with common drone), I always either get cultivated or common bees or, in rare event, majestic-noble bee (with majestic being dominant), which is really strange because majestic is made by breeding noble princess with cultivated drone. Also, I never get Diligent bees from industrial branch (process is same as with noble branch).

Otherwise, bee breeding is something I could really get into, if it made sense just like guides.
    I'm really not an expert at bees at all. I will say that I play FTB on a server with some people that do and they've had success breeding just about everything.

My only suggestion would be to make sure that when you get your common bees that they are pure common and not hybrids before advancing to the next stage.

I'm really not an expert at bees at all. I will say that I play FTB on a server with some people that do and they've had success breeding just about everything.

My only suggestion would be to make sure that when you get your common bees that they are pure common and not hybrids before advancing to the next stage.
    Of course I am using purebreeds just to be sure, only problem is that honey is pretty rare so I dont know about how many of them are left. Looks like I will have to stop with crossbreeding for a moment and focus on honey production.

15+ Year Old Account
    Of course I am using purebreeds just to be sure, only problem is that honey is pretty rare so I dont know about how many of them are left. Looks like I will have to stop with crossbreeding for a moment and focus on honey production.
    My advice for honey is to set up a loop that pumps stuff out of the apiary, separates the bees and puts them back in and then sends the honeycombs back to a chest.

I left one running for a day and have 4 stacks. You'll need a wooden pipe with a redstone engine on the side of the apiary, then loop it back up top, put a apiarists pipe on the top of the apiary and send the bees into the apiary and have the honeycomb go to the side. Put a chest there and you're good.

Just use simple bees for that. A couple of meadows or forest. You'll have lots in no time.

My advice for honey is to set up a loop that pumps stuff out of the apiary, separates the bees and puts them back in and then sends the honeycombs back to a chest.

I left one running for a day and have 4 stacks. You'll need a wooden pipe with a redstone engine on the side of the apiary, then loop it back up top, put a apiarists pipe on the top of the apiary and send the bees into the apiary and have the honeycomb go to the side. Put a chest there and you're good.

Just use simple bees for that. A couple of meadows or forest. You'll have lots in no time.
    I found even better way to farm honey combs - frames.

There was no mention of them on wiki, so I was pretty surprised when I discovered them. Basicaly they are for those 3 squares in apiary and while in there, they massively increase honey comb output (from what I gather, just like before a patch that nerfed it).

15+ Year Old Account
    I found even better way to farm honey combs - frames.

There was no mention of them on wiki, so I was pretty surprised when I discovered them. Basicaly they are for those 3 squares in apiary and while in there, they massively increase honey comb output (from what I gather, just like before a patch that nerfed it).
    Yes! You can actually buy Proven Frames from some villagers with emeralds. It's the only way to get them AFAIK. They give the max output. If you find someone that sells them, buy a lot

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't really even looked at the bee stuff..... I know I need to though cause I think I need them for the stained glass. (Which I really want)

15+ Year Old Account
    I haven't really even looked at the bee stuff..... I know I need to though cause I think I need them for the stained glass. (Which I really want)
    Yeah, you need propolis. Best bet is to start a bunch of Tropical Bees.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yay! Finally finished the beginning building stage for my base! Now to dive into the mods and confuse the hell out of myself!

15+ Year Old Account
    Looks good dude!