Deleted
    I enjoyed ffxi but I cant see any interest in any MMO that is sub based now, looks like ideal candidate to go f2p (who would buy more costumes than final fantasy fans?).

However I would like a slower combat MMO, gw2 disappointed me a bit because its so twitch based, its fun for a bit but after a few hours it gives me a headache. ffiv could have been interesting to me if it had a similar business model.

The way they are planning company (guild) housing has me really excited.

10+ Year Old Account
    Added this, just scenery and stuff, not much else.

I find the design beautiful, and cat girl <3

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Added this, just scenery and stuff, not much else.

VIDEO HERE

I find the design beautiful, and cat girl <3
    Game looks visually impressive as always...but they need to oursource their promotional videos. Any time they use in-game footage they make terrible videos. Seriously, why didn't they just do a camera flyby of the area's with some pan shots put in. Looks so tacky to just have a character running around.

Squeenix, your CGI is top notch, but any time you try to use in-game assets...we need to have a chat about that -_-

This latest letter from producer video was pretty good. Yoshida is a pretty funny man. There's a transcript on square-enix forums for those who don't want to watch but I think it's worth watching it anyways. Bottomline here is that they really going for... release when it's really ready approach.

Because ten billion
    years' time is so fragile
    so ephemeral…
    it arouses such a
    bittersweet,
    almost heartbreaking fondness.

I never did get a chance to play XIV 1.0. I was so tempted to buy it when it came out but lacked the money at the time, so I never did after I heard what happened at release. Now that I've read up on it, I'm definitely willing to give 2.0 a chance as an avid Final Fantasy fan. If it's anything near WoW or better, I foresee this game taking over as my main game. I only wish I'd picked up the game before the server shut down to give a go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Global Alpha invites went out at around 3 am CST. No invite for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    /NDA

I may or may not have gotten into the alpha.

/NDA
    Last edited by sinilaid; 2012-11-26 at 03:46 PM.

dl.square-enix.co.jp/ffxiv/download/manual/ffxiv_alphamanual_en.pdf

not sure if anyone has leaked this on official forums. probably a bad idea to. only doing it here because my username and other info totally different than my in game shit. happy reading!

edit: couldn't post it as a link, just copy and paste to load.

Now they just need to get rid of those ridiculous subscriptions.

Deleted
    After looking through the manual, i have to say I like what I'm seeing. I also hope they keep to the sub as from what I remember, it was cheaper than WoW and other games anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Avuun View Post
    After looking through the manual, i have to say I like what I'm seeing. I also hope they keep to the sub as from what I remember, it was cheaper than WoW and other games anyway.
    People who paid for 3 month subscription during v1.0 got permanent discount as well. It's something like this:

Legacy - $9.99
    Entry - $12.99
    Standard - $14.99
    Entry just means you got 1 character slot available to you... but then again you can level all the jobs on the single character so it doesn't matter that much.
    Because ten billion
    years' time is so fragile
    so ephemeral…
    it arouses such a
    bittersweet,
    almost heartbreaking fondness.

Deleted
    I think this is a new Black Shroud Alpha vid, looks amazing. Really hope the game now plays and has features as good as it looks. I played the game back when it went f2p, I thought the presentation and the graphics of the locations were perfect just the game felt nowhere near finished.

I heard some great news about player housing too, apparently there are loads of huge houses to obtain that cost a large fortune of gil. Player can have joint housing and can edit every minute detial from roof colouring to what material for pillars. There are also classes that are just for crafting and can make furniture, roofs and pillars for your home.

---------- Post added 2012-11-29 at 09:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Talorh View Post
    This latest letter from producer video was pretty good. Yoshida is a pretty funny man. There's a transcript on square-enix forums for those who don't want to watch but I think it's worth watching it anyways. Bottomline here is that they really going for... release when it's really ready approach.

Pretty sure this is the print out Yoshida held up as the medium sized player housing.

Wow, the concept of the housing looks awesome. :O

Does anyone know if they plan to raise the level cap in the game in 2.0?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rozali View Post
    Wow, the concept of the housing looks awesome. :O

Does anyone know if they plan to raise the level cap in the game in 2.0?
    From what I've read they are keeping it 50. I'm not the most experienced in ff14 but I did play for a couple months. I think you can still level each class (on one char) to 50 and they are also apparently bringing in a scaling system where you can scale your stats down to lower levels to play with a friend. Also you can use this to experience the new levelling story experience released with RR.

Deleted
    Just thought I'd drop this here. EDIT : This isn't my footage, managed to find it over on youtube.

Last edited by mmocbd067ab907; 2012-12-03 at 12:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just thought I'd drop this here.

Looks like someone will be banned for a long time

10+ Year Old Account
    Just thought I'd drop this here.

Makes me happy to see they added new animations for the Lancer attacks. Very nice looking. Also, I love that you can move the camera 360 with out having to unlock from the target. Hearing the chocobo music again makes me want to play!
    Last edited by Buckwald; 2012-12-03 at 12:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Talorh View Post
    People who paid for 3 month subscription during v1.0 got permanent discount as well. It's something like this:

Entry just means you got 1 character slot available to you... but then again you can level all the jobs on the single character so it doesn't matter that much.

That is not quite true.

12.99USD : 1 character pr World, 8 total character slots
    14.99USD : 8 characters pr World, 40 total characters
    Legacy however gives the player the same as you would for 14.99, but also includes a custom designed Chocobo mount, discount on subfee for life and able to get your name in the game's End Credits XDD
    Last edited by Kenshin; 2012-12-03 at 07:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't wait to see what the Legacy Chocobo looks like!