Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Nice Video wish it was longer. Makes me want to go back and play them all again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mechazod View Post
    Ehh that sounds kind of stupid to me if that is the whole reason. The fact that its relying on a sort of 4th wall event like the player messing up and getting a Game Over that would create a whole new time line just seems kind of tacked on to me. By that logic getting a game over in games like Chrono Trigger and TimeSplitters would create a whole new parallel series of events, or even in other Nintendo series losing all your lives would create whole new separate events, I mean like wouldn't that also mean games like Oracle of Ages and Skyward Sword also have potential for completely different time lines to split off into(if by Ninty's logic the what-if death is caused by time travel or whatever)? I guess it would make sense if the whole Death Line is considered just a spin off of sorts by Nintendo as just making up a new storyline of what would of happened if Link had died in OoT but the fact that they don't really try to connect it to the events in the game is just kind of disappointing to me.

To me it just kind of makes it feel like the Death Line games are completely disconnected from the rest of the series since there is no real connection to the other games/time lines and is just its own "What-If" scenario series, at least the other 2 time lines made a bit more sense to the actual events in the game, just to me as much as I love having all the games connected it just kind of seems like Nintendo just made the Death Line up so they could connect all the games to the series.
    Maybe, but it is something to consider and it does open the possibilities. It's still part of a legitimate theory about dimensions, half-assed or not. And the other two are also pretty much "what if" scenarios, just think of this one as the game branching one point sooner when you could or could not dodge that second Stalfos.
    Last edited by Skelington; 2012-12-01 at 10:29 AM.

Deleted
    Loved the video, explained things better for me than the random timeline that was posted here ages ago. Not sure why, but when they finally got to wind waker and i heard the music of it, i began to smile (well more than i already was).

Well made video to be honest. Wouldve loved if it had continued for ages :P

Real nice video, watched the whole thing

Deleted
    I can't stop saying it... but Nintendo did a very good job creating a timeline out of so many games from a single title..... while having it make sense. Still some massive holes inbetween those timelines, but let's hope future titles will fill those holes up.

Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    not saying it isn't a nice video (haven't watched it i'm at work atm.)

But if this wasn't made by nintendo how is it "official"?
    nintendo released a book called hyrule historia that had details on pretty much all the story stuff, old concept art and whatnot along with the offical timeline.

i like to call it the adult/child/copout timeline

oh also that skeleton who teaches you moves in twilight princess is the link from ocarina of time who died looking for navi
    Last edited by Immitis; 2012-12-02 at 01:13 AM.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    nintendo released a book called hyrule historia that had details on pretty much all the story stuff, old concept art and whatnot along with the offical timeline.

oh also that skeleton who teaches you moves in twilight princess is the link from ocarina of time who died looking for navi

Wait what? if that´s true, then that´s sad as hell
    Last edited by Torched; 2012-12-02 at 03:38 AM.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    Hyrule Historia confirmed it, pretty depressing. :<
    When Link first set foot in the Twilight, the crest of the Triforce of Courage shined on the back of his hand; when he returned to human-form he wore clothes the hero wore. Link is taught mysteries from the ghost of the hero of time. Since he returned to his childhood, he’d felt regret that he would leave his name as hero. Therefore, the “son” of Link speaks proof of the courage he inheirited mysteriously.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    I thought it was pretty obvious the skeleton was Link from Ocarina of Time. (and I'm not the biggest Zelda fan, I only played a few games)
    His dialogue gives you hints, but on top of that the wolf howls are the ocarina songs from OoT.

Deleted
    Are there any books that capture the story of Zelda in a good way (the story of the games)?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechazod View Post
    Ehh that sounds kind of stupid to me if that is the whole reason. The fact that its relying on a sort of 4th wall event like the player messing up and getting a Game Over that would create a whole new time line just seems kind of tacked on to me. By that logic getting a game over in games like Chrono Trigger and TimeSplitters would create a whole new parallel series of events, or even in other Nintendo series losing all your lives would create whole new separate events, I mean like wouldn't that also mean games like Oracle of Ages and Skyward Sword also have potential for completely different time lines to split off into(if by Ninty's logic the what-if death is caused by time travel or whatever)? I guess it would make sense if the whole Death Line is considered just a spin off of sorts by Nintendo as just making up a new storyline of what would of happened if Link had died in OoT but the fact that they don't really try to connect it to the events in the game is just kind of disappointing to me.

To me it just kind of makes it feel like the Death Line games are completely disconnected from the rest of the series since there is no real connection to the other games/time lines and is just its own "What-If" scenario series, at least the other 2 time lines made a bit more sense to the actual events in the game, just to me as much as I love having all the games connected it just kind of seems like Nintendo just made the Death Line up so they could connect all the games to the series.
    you have to remember, OoT was one of the most complex game story wise due to the constant time loops/ paradoxes you might make and the fact that either way alternate realities would emerge.
    Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    Mess with someone's head enough, you can turn a scared little kid into an all powerful bitch.
    only two things are infinite the universe, and human stupidity,
    and i'm not too sure about the universe -Albert Einstein

I always thought they were loosely connected like the Final Fantasy games...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post

wait what??

I thought that the end of majora's mask was him giving up on the search for navi... I always had hopes that we would have a game that had him return from termina to find hyrule at war with the gerudo (due to their leader being executed by the king of hyrule, kinda explains the ruins and lack of gerudo in tp).

also wasn't there a graveyard with OoT link's grave at hyrule castle in tp?

---------- Post added 2012-12-02 at 03:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Hyrule Historia confirmed it, pretty depressing. :<

When Link first set foot in the Twilight, the crest of the Triforce of Courage shined on the back of his hand; when he returned to human-form he wore clothes the hero wore. Link is taught mysteries from the ghost of the hero of time. Since he returned to his childhood, he’d felt regret that he would leave his name as hero. Therefore, the “son” of Link speaks proof of the courage he inheirited mysteriously.
    oh yeah that reminds me, what about the fact that the shade of the hero says you are his son?
    Mess with someone's head enough, you can turn a scared little kid into an all powerful bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Korru View Post
    I always thought they were loosely connected like the Final Fantasy games...
    Kind of, but there is a connection if you look for it, which is why I love the series.
    Quote Originally Posted by ranku View Post
    oh yeah that reminds me, what about the fact that the shade of the hero says you are his son?
    It's implied OOT Link is TP Link's father.

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    It's implied OOT Link is TP Link's father.
    OoT and TP take place a few hundred years apart. "Son" is just a term to address someone by like a kid would call an adult "ma'am" or "mister." TP Link is a reincarnation of OoT Link.

Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    OoT and TP take place a few hundred years apart. "Son" is just a term to address someone by like a kid would call an adult "ma'am" or "mister." TP Link is a reincarnation of OoT Link.
    Okay, yeah. That makes more sense.

Surely I cannot be the only person who tried to think of a timeline to Zelda games only to pause and wonder... why? Why not just let it be a fairytale with no concrete timeline? Just an enduring story that fades into time and becomes myth and legend of a silent hero against unbeatable odds, pure raw evil and mysterious races and creatures in a land far away in our hearts? One that, someday, may be held in the same regards as Roald Dahl childrens stories in the way that they captivated our imaginations as children?
    Fly fast, stay low, hit hard.
    You'd think the 8th Anniversary was the Cheese Anniversary to go with all the whine.
    - madethisfor1post

Ravenholdt EU - Nice Toons: Frazzlebeard, Menardis, Plight - Less So: Slîght

Quote Originally Posted by Frazzle.d View Post
    Surely I cannot be the only person who tried to think of a timeline to Zelda games only to pause and wonder... why? Why not just let it be a fairytale with no concrete timeline? Just an enduring story that fades into time and becomes myth and legend of a silent hero against unbeatable odds, pure raw evil and mysterious races and creatures in a land far away in our hearts? One that, someday, may be held in the same regards as Roald Dahl childrens stories in the way that they captivated our imaginations as children?
    Because it's fun to connect the worlds together, they give you small subtle hints to follow. To me, that makes the world very enjoyable and interesting. I like it better than if they were all separate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    but they still had OoT Link's grave in what seemed to be a recently ruined hyrule castle, I seriously want to know what happened (also why is he the "cursed swordsman"?)

also just checked the quote, he said my child which is a bit stranger in that context. I still like my idea better.

Edit: I just thought of something. How long do gerudo live? because shortly before the begining of TP gannon from OoT was being executed, I can somewhat understand if he lives longer due to being the only male of them but they need to clarify so we can get some understanding of time here.
    Last edited by ranku; 2012-12-03 at 02:13 AM.