Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tlacoatl View Post
    lol its not gear normalised like challenge modes?

Ha, its worthless then, its just going to be overgeared and face roll, thereby making it pointless.
    If they normalised gear for Brawlers than the difficulty of the fights would be tuned lower to compensate for the fact that the "lesser skilled" players can't obtain better gear to beat it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    So, apparently this newly implemented SOLO content is nothing more than an e-peen meter for geared raiders.

I've not personally gotten an invite yet, so I can't say anything from personal experience, but from what I've seen, apparently the later bosses require such high DPS amounts (combined with some survivability), that we're talking about high-end raid gear. People who have justice point gear, or PvP gear, seem to be getting shafted in this completely.

I was expecting this to be content that could be cleared by everyone, not just the raiding minority. Looks like I was wrong.

Anyone here not in heavy valor point gear who has reached rank 8? That would prove me wrong and show me that you don't need high-end raid gear to clear this content. Content, by the way, that was designed for SOLO playing.
    Point to where they announced this was content made to be cleared by everyone, after that point to where your entitled to anything! Go play a solo player game pleeheeease!

Quote Originally Posted by Ashlan View Post
    im at ilvl480 and im stuck at the first boss of rank7 , maybe i havent tried it much yet and get the mechanic but i agree with OP having this "solo" content requisite ilvl509 heroic gear is not logic at all....
    Cause anything that can't be facerolled n' cleared by the most pathetic individual in the first week must mean it's for one type of player in the game clearly.., this wreaks so much of the daily Q_Q.
    Last edited by Banzhe; 2012-12-02 at 03:35 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    1) Do what they did. This offers less geared people something to aim for, through skill or gear progression. SOLO players can still hit close to an ilevel of 500, it will just take crafted BoE epics, valor items and valor upgrades.
    For a SOLO player to get "close" to 500 (which in this case is 483) they need to do LFR for hours each week for a few months to get all pieces they need to get that high. During which they also spend a lot of their valor earned to upgrade those pieces to get even higher. Before they start upgrading though they have to spend those valor on other pieces that are upgrades from valor vendors. Real Raiders doesn't have this problem, because the loot is more forgiving for them since you are more likely to get something with the normal loot system than with the LFR system.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand your point at all.

Players can't go into arenas/RBGs in raiding gear and do much of anything. So why should someone in blues/PVP gear be able to do what a person in high-end raid gear be able to do?

Deleted
    Lol I don|t have a single heroic raid item and I|m at rank 8. Looks like a skill issue.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    As a player who got completely lucky with the 1.9% droprate of the pass from a rare - my first rare the same hour server's came back on I can say that the e-peen stroking for players who get Rank 8 is minimal, all they get to feel chubby about is when they enter the arena and the announcer yells out "You know him. You love him. *Name* Our Rank 8 Brawler!" - then get slaughtered by the Rank 8 bosses because they are that hard to kill. Other then that not much. You can get a title "Brawler", BoA fist, and a pet to show off, though personally I do not know how I got the Brawler's title, maybe entering a Rank 8 fight and won? If someone can explain how that'd be nice, i'm just guessing.

IF you cannot get to rank 5-6 with ilvl 470-475+ gear, you do not deserve the pass. You have battle pots to use, can get buffed from players around you, and flasks, etc. This isn't a ladida type of addition to the game. Do you not want to work a bit to have some pride in knowing you've gotten through something challenging? Getting to Rank 1-5 for most players should not be a challenge, or one death and you understand what to do next time. 5,6,7,8 fights are where things change. The biggest problem I can see are the queue times being 30min+ now. You may need to queue 2-4+ for a boss you're stuck on, trying to learn. That's a long wait, but Blizzard did this on purpose.

So I say, let a few people enjoy the little reward we get. If you want it, you're going to have to work for it and use that peanut in your head.

Why am I not surprised with the replies of you two...

Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    ^^ This. ^^

It's not like healers will out of nowhere have enough DPS to down such fights.

And no, not everyone has a DPS spec especially if they play both PvE and PvP (I have 2 Holy specs for that reason. One for pure healing; second for PvP/questing...and damn will I add 15+ more pieces of gear without a gear locker to hold them).
    Its a Brawler's Guild, not a Hospital / Mender's Stead -_-

Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    You don't. What exactly is the value in catering to those people again? Don't they have enough to do?
    Not really, those kind of have already ran out of content and from the looks of it, this is a content that is aimed at people who are good at the game yet don't have the time to do cutting edge raiding.

Brawlers guild; Where one man fights......and everyone else sits there and just slags him off/trolls between them selves.

I guess you can chat to each other in there and what not?!?...if so all i see is the above.

Quote Originally Posted by Suggs View Post
    Brawlers guild; Where one man fights......and everyone else sits there and just slags him off/trolls between them selves.

I guess you can chat to each other in there and what not?!?...if so all i see is the above.
    TOday I've been in the arena all day, and the atmosphere is very friendly, and we are all in grp for buffs. PPl are cheering and giving each other advice May be different on other servers ofc
    Last edited by mbrmbr; 2012-12-02 at 04:35 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Suggs View Post

I do the trolling with other random people in that area :P example

''STOP S KEYING THE FRONTAL DEATH CONE SMART GUY''

Deleted
    Now that they have split the Brawler's guild instance so that theres only 2 (3?) Servers per Instance the place is... EMPTY it was fun to watch others fight but now thats theres noneone fighting it's really boring.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Farsatar View Post
    Now that they have split the Brawler's guild instance so that theres only 2 (3?) Servers per Instance the place is... EMPTY it was fun to watch others fight but now thats theres noneone fighting it's really boring.
    thank god for that, did you seriously enjoy 1+ hour long queues where you did nothing but stand and watch bruce fights?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Farsatar View Post
    On what server are you? Please add me so I don't have nearly an hour waittime. :P

OT: Actually, you don't really need heroic gear. At least not until rank 8.
    The rank 7 bosses are hard - really hard to beat with only lfr gear. But they are indeed doable.
    But I think you won't be able to clear rank 8 with every class without heroic raiding gear.
    And imo that's a bit sad. They could for example tweak the enrage timer a bit depending on gear.

I killed a rank 8 boss in 485 ilvl. Which is eassily atainable if you do lfr/get conquest gear/get vp gear/use vp upgrades/get some crafted stuff etc.

Do you need a certain amount of gear? Yeah you do. But if you're good enough you can make it to rank 8 and even kill rank 8 bosses (which are MUCH harder then anything berfore them) with an ilvl that is very atainable without ever setting foot in even a normal raid, let alone hc.

So I'd say it's perfectly fine. Though I would much rather have seen normalised gear, so you wouldn't be able to outgear the bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenX View Post

Not really, those kind of have already ran out of content and from the looks of it, this is a content that is aimed at people who are good at the game yet don't have the time to do cutting edge raiding.
    Somehow I doubt those same people have run out of content, especially given how under utilized challenge modes are. In any event Brawlers guild shouldn't take that minority of a minority any time. Catering to those people who already have a wealth of things to do (at the expense of everyone else I might add) is rather foolish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kane49 View Post
    463 ilvl, rank 8.
    Cant beat any of the level 8's though.
    But you have access to level 8's. The OP is saying "Derp, only derpin' for the hardderps". It is accessible to everyone. And in LFR gear you can get Brawler
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

10+ Year Old Account
    Saw some of it yesterday, and even turned down an invite (wasn't interested, just another DPS enrage timer event).

Had a Shaman in there from our top guild, he was at level 7.

Except for other players from other realms there (5 including me), it was empty.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    Somehow I doubt those same people have run out of content, especially given how under utilized challenge modes are.
    Do we have hard data on that?
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Do we have hard data on that?
    Realm challenge rankings? On some of them, you barely see few groups trying, much less getting anything done.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Realm challenge rankings? On some of them, you barely see few groups trying, much less getting anything done.
    The Leaderboard? I see. I was wondering if anyone has collected all the information across all realms, and given a total # of characters that have finished any challenge mode.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"