Page 9 of 374 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Just wanted to let you know the Nuclear Control link is broken.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adalonus View Post
    Just wanted to let you know the Nuclear Control link is broken.
    Fixed! Thanks for the tip

---------- Post added 2012-12-01 at 06:32 PM ----------

News on the Redpower 2 front:

via IRC

<slowpoke> here is the news on RP
    <slowpoke> There are 4 serious bugs left to resolve in Red Power 2. There has been no progress over the last week due to Eloraam being swamped with work in real life. Things have eased off now and Eloraam has returned to coding this weekend and hopes to have something ready for release soon.

In case you don't know, slowpoke is the founder of the FTB team and he is in regular contact with eloraam.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Fixed! Thanks for the tip

---------- Post added 2012-12-01 at 06:32 PM ----------

News on the Redpower 2 front:

via IRC

<slowpoke> here is the news on RP
    <slowpoke> There are 4 serious bugs left to resolve in Red Power 2. There has been no progress over the last week due to Eloraam being swamped with work in real life. Things have eased off now and Eloraam has returned to coding this weekend and hopes to have something ready for release soon.

In case you don't know, slowpoke is the founder of the FTB team and he is in regular contact with eloraam.
    Thats good news. I'm really looking forward to playing around with some of it and get the game updated to 1.4.5. I'm kind of getting sick of having to swim up with the spacebar.

And btw, what is Thaumcraft?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    And btw, what is Thaumcraft?
    Thaumcraft allows you to create magical items. It's had a major re-design over Thaumcraft 2 so I'm not sure whats stayed the same and what's different. From what I've seen it looks amazing. The interface looks incredible. There are also options so that the world-gen ores can spawn into existing worlds. Read the official thread for instructions on that.

I can only suggest watching a video on youtube. Direwolf20 just put out a 2 part spotlight video on it. The first part is right here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOj2PteDEMU

I could explain more but I'm exhausted and doing so would just be paragraph after paragraph. You really should check it out!

Deleted
    Keep up the good work Fuzzzie! Love the LP and the main page where you keep everything updated

If you are ever interested in playing SMP with all these mods I have a server that I'm willing to open up a couple of slots on. Right now it's only me since I prefer to keep some of my machines going even if I don't play, so I went with a SMP server instead of SP for my own game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eiktyrner View Post
    Keep up the good work Fuzzzie! Love the LP and the main page where you keep everything updated

If you are ever interested in playing SMP with all these mods I have a server that I'm willing to open up a couple of slots on. Right now it's only me since I prefer to keep some of my machines going even if I don't play, so I went with a SMP server instead of SP for my own game.
    I've thought about it in the past. Right now I'm playing on a FTB server and that's about all the time I have for games If things change I'll let you know.

Updates for this today:

• Thaumcraft 3 Updated
    • Forestry Updated
    • Railcraft Updated
    • Modular Force Field System Updated
    • NEI Plugin Pack Updated

Config files may be out of date. I should be updating them this week.

Thanks a lot for this wonderful list! I've been looking for one like this for a while! I'll try and give you a hand when I can.

- MFFS is updated to 2.2.8.1.10 and the download link is broken

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Danybad View Post
    MFFS is updated to 2.2.8.1.10 and the download link is broken
    Updated and fixed! Thanks for stopping by

Thanks a million for keeping this updated. I check this thread alot each day to ensure that I have the latest and greatest. This is the best place to look to find the newest stuff. Keep it up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just a bit of information I thought I should share (And I have no idea if this is common knowledge or not sine I am new to the whole self modding thing) -- Forestry will add its own version of Copper and Tin to the game which looks identical to Industrial Craft 2's versions. At first it is like "Yay, more stuff!" but unfortunately the Forestry copper and tin does not stack with the ones from IC2 because they have their own separate block/item IDs. The bars they smelt into also don't stack which could create some issues with storage if you are OCD like I am and have to mine everything you see.

To fix this, go into the config folder for Forestry, open up the config file "common" and scroll all the way down to the last lines where it says "world.generate.copper" and "world.generate.tin" and set those to false. Now only IC2 versions should spawn.

Deleted
    You could also macerate it all down to the IC2 version Pilobolus.

Ive left the forestry world gen alone and its copper and tin macerates down to the same as IC2 and stacks with it. Add gregtech ontop of that and you get 3 types of each and two types of silver (which dont stack)

Also, anyone noticed that there seems to be alot less lapis with greg-tech ?

RichardG put out a Misc Peripherals mod for Computer Craft. Adds a lot of integration between computer craft turtles and blocks with other mods like IC2, EE3 (minium turtles are awesome), Railcraft, and Forestry. Direwolf20 just did a spotlight on it. I played a bit with it last night and it might be worth checking out.

As a heads up, the ModularForceFieldSystem link is still broken for me.
    Last edited by Adalonus; 2012-12-02 at 09:37 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilobolus View Post
    To fix this, go into the config folder for Forestry, open up the config file "common" and scroll all the way down to the last lines where it says "world.generate.copper" and "world.generate.tin" and set those to false. Now only IC2 versions should spawn.
    This is true. My current config download doesn't do this. It only solves itemID conflicts to get the mods working. Eventually I'll be configuring each mod individually and supplying those files. I'm still on 1.4.2 because of my Youtube series. When i upgrade it will be fixed

Quote Originally Posted by wildemagic View Post
    Also, anyone noticed that there seems to be alot less lapis with greg-tech ?
    Not so much. I've got tonnes of it on my SMP. Might spawn more regularly in different biomes. If you're using ExtraBiomesXL try looking in vanilla biomes first.

Quote Originally Posted by Adalonus View Post
    RichardG put out a Misc Peripherals mod for Computer Craft. Adds a lot of integration between computer craft turtles and blocks with other mods like IC2, EE3 (minium turtles are awesome), Railcraft, and Forestry. Direwolf20 just did a spotlight on it. I played a bit with it last night and it might be worth checking out.

As a heads up, the ModularForceFieldSystem link is still broken for me.
    I'll be looking at it tonight after I eat and take care of a few other things. Also, MFFS updated again and broke the old link. It's fixed now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eiktyrner View Post
    You could also macerate it all down to the IC2 version Pilobolus.
    This is true but the idea of a "conflict" like that still bugs me =p

I was also getting REALLY low amounts of ore spawning in deposits, usually between 1-3 when I am used to seeing copper in at least 6+, same for tin. Could have been totally random luck but now that I have restarted the same world without the ID issue it seems that the deposits are back to what I am used to seeing. *shrugs*

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilobolus View Post
    This is true but the idea of a "conflict" like that still bugs me =p

I was also getting REALLY low amounts of ore spawning in deposits, usually between 1-3 when I am used to seeing copper in at least 6+, same for tin. Could have been totally random luck but now that I have restarted the same world without the ID issue it seems that the deposits are back to what I am used to seeing. *shrugs*
    When you start building large nuclear reactors or farms of them to run gregtech stuff you'll by dying for copper anyways. You need like 60+ stacks for a 6 chamber reactor.

- Railcraft is up to 6.9.2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post

Not so much. I've got tonnes of it on my SMP. Might spawn more regularly in different biomes. If you're using ExtraBiomesXL try looking in vanilla biomes first.
    Ok, cheers, will do. I am using EBXL and im in extreme hills, lapis seems scarce, ive got 1 miner in a forest biome and it seems a bit better.
    The extreme hills miners get 5-6 lapis every two or three shafts (using 9x9 ov scanning) and the miner over in the forest seems to get 8-12 every second shaft.

15+ Year Old Account
    • Forge Updated
    • Extra Bees Updated
    • MFFS Updated
    • Railcraft Updated
    • Greg's Lighting Updated
    • Iron Chests 2 Updated
    • Logistics Pipes Updated
    • GregsTech Addons Updated

Fuzzzie.. I've got an update for ya.. Extrabioimes XL is having issues with the last few Forge updates. There is a new Dev build for Extrabiomes XL out.. version 3.5.2. The Mediafire link is on page 489 of their thread.. post is by user:harley9699

EDIT: Tested new version.. 3.5.2 works great client/server both. 63 mods on the custom-map home server... just waiting on Redpower 2 then I'm never looking back!!
    Last edited by Gecko333; 2012-12-03 at 04:59 AM.