Problem with NPCscan and Cache Clearing not resetting the mod.

Ok, recently, (I would say within the past month) NPC Scan has been misbehaving of sorts and not resetting when I delete my cache.

I am not in game when I delete my cache (in the program files/wow folder)

I have "view hidden files and folders" active.

I'm running WoW as admin.

I've checked my appdata/virtualstore folders.

I've ran numerous searches for specific files that would be found in said cache.

And Google is turning up empty on this issue.

So, any ideas on what I should try next?
    Last edited by razski; 2012-12-03 at 10:44 AM.

if you're trying to use it for battle pets, it won't work because the pet journal puts them all in cache on loading
    other than that, I can't see how it could keep them in cache if the folder is empty... do you have a second install somewhere? (for multi-boxing, or as a backup or something?) if so, make sure to empty cache in there too just in case

when you load the game or zone into a new continent it should also tell you what's already in the cache. is it always the same creatures or all of them?

Deleted
    Check the options to alert for rares even though you have killed them. Its tied to the Gloriours etc achievements. I guess it somehow got disabled.

I'm using it for the champion rares in Pandaria, wierdly, it doesn't pop up with the warning of what's cached and it hasn't done for about a month. I've reinstalled the mod a few times. No, I only have one install and one copy of WoW on my computer.

---------- Post added 2012-12-03 at 10:53 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by atrophis View Post
    Check the options to alert for rares even though you have killed them. Its tied to the Gloriours etc achievements. I guess it somehow got disabled.
    You fucking star! I LOVE YOU!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by razski View Post
    I'm using it for the champion rares in Pandaria, wierdly, it doesn't pop up with the warning of what's cached and it hasn't done for about a month. I've reinstalled the mod a few times. No, I only have one install and one copy of WoW on my computer.

---------- Post added 2012-12-03 at 10:53 AM ----------

You fucking star! I LOVE YOU!
    Im happy you resolved it

I wasn't aware that it was stopping the tracking of NPC's I had already killed that are listed in the glorious achievement. (even though cache deletion had been done). What a strangely silly change to npc scan.