Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Saffa View Post
    He talks to them as though they are little children because most of the wailers are little children if you read their posts. They are pathetic.
    That is because he tags the bad tweets and pains all criticism as whining. He is skewing the image of the player base to justify his stupid decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Saffa View Post
    Most of the time the feedback they give is along the lines of 'it's not fair, I don't win all the time, nerf every class than mine - no wait - nerf my class apart from me, its not fair other people kill me in arena its not fair its not fair I'm telling my mummy on you its not fair nerf nerf nerf'
    And a lot of the time it's totally valid, but it's neglected until it hits live and they knee jerk it 2 days later.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    I'm amused. After gimps have cried river's of tears on forums, Blizzard nerfed Warrior control, mobility, rage generation, damage in defensive stance and TfB stacking (completly ignoring the real problem which is cooldown stacking) people are still crying over the exact same problem.

Now the problem is still the same. When the stars line up a warrior gimps you. The only thing that changed is that now we depend more on partners for CCing, staying alive and peeling.
    And that's going to be the big problem for warriors, eventually Blizzard will listen to people about warriors and will nerf their damage... and at that point warriors will be back in Cata, no damage, utility, or mobility :|
    Balance achieved?

Quote Originally Posted by Baduric View Post
    And that's going to be the big problem for warriors, eventually Blizzard will listen to people about warriors and will nerf their damage... and at that point warriors will be back in Cata, no damage, utility, or mobility :|
    Balance achieved?
    That is why I was saying. Start with the problem and not with some back ass solution. If the problem is that you get gimped, nerf burst and don't go nerfing everything but what you supposed to be. Right now if they just got burst alone under control and left everything else alone Warriors would be completly fine.

Deleted
    https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...14784658042880
    "Do players really silence / interrupt Enhance often? Elemental... maybe."

How can anyone defend the shit he says about balance in Pvp when he says stuff like that?
    So you quote one of his many replies on the subject and get angry about it? try reading the rest of the discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    That is why I was saying. Start with the problem and not with some back ass solution. If the problem is that you get gimped, nerf burst and don't go nerfing everything but what you supposed to be. Right now if they just got burst alone under control and left everything else alone Warriors would be completly fine.
    Eh, I'm not sure they would have been completely fine, but it really all depends on how much they toned the burst down. (Gag Ordered even when you faked the pummel was stupid.)
    I think they just are really cautious about changing anything that would have the slightest impact in PvE, so changing any dmg isn't an option... say goodbye to your mobility.

Balance achieved?
    You really expected mop to be different? Wow is like a circus with pve happening inside the big tent and the pvp is just the freak show.

Quote Originally Posted by clampy View Post
    So you quote one of his many replies on the subject and get angry about it? try reading the rest of the discussion.
    What redeeming post do you see in that discussion where he actually shows some knowledge on the subject? More importantly, if he thinks that the idea of ele and enhance being silenced or interrupted is questionable, how much more of the conversation do you need to see?

The only posts I see in relation to that is him explaining that its abitrary, and then making a comment about silences contrary to their decision. Ie, no fucking clue.

Burst is insane across the board. The buff to pvp power and players obtaining their pvp weapons has just gone to show this without a shadow of a doubt. GC"s is either completely out of touch with the pvp side of things or is utterly inept. Either way, they need to higher someone dedicated to pvp so we don't have fucktarded decision making going on.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

GC was hired by blizzard sometimes in the middle of TBC , by that time the original team that created wow and probably had TBC finished was moving on to the next mmo project. We we're left with the new guys that even to this day dont know much how this game should work . Regarding PVP , i think i've seen threads saying "MOP will fix it" since firelands , now its still going on with 5.1 maybe 5.2 , but somehow its just get a bit worse every patch.

I am surprised at all of the discussion about 1 shot. I don't think anyone has ever actually complained about that as it is pretty easy to dodge (assuming you are an actual PvP player and not a BG hero). The problem lies in the amount of instant burst that can come out of two classes together coupled with the overwhelming amount of CC in the game. It makes it unavoidable, which is what takes the skill out of PvP.

Mage/Lock, Mage/War, War/DK, War/Hunt, etc. Those combinations can CC someone long enough to get into position for both players to pop some insane burst onto them at the same time. The idea about warriors going with a HS/MS on one GCD and mages dropping FB/Lance at the same time is stupid. Or locks with chaos waves, or hunters with lynx rush/stampede/KC. (and if the DK can live long enough dumping into someone.)

The problem really is the stupid amount of CC in the game right now coupled with the high amount of players that can do 40% of your health in a GCD. Playing as a healer it pains you when you eat a no skill instant 4 sec CC that you can't get out of and that is plenty of time for someone on your team to get gibbed. That is the real problem with PvP right now, the amount of time it takes to kill someone is far too low. I liked it better when you had to skill together a good CC chain to get a kill. I am talking like a 20 sec chain. Now it is eat a blind (paladin), scatter, shockwave, deep, counterspell, bloodfear, intimidating shout, silence shot, intimidation, pom sheep, shadowfury(or death coil), lock pet stun, etc (all of those are instant no ramp up CC that are long enough to kill a player and that is just from half the classes) and a player dies.

Not to mention the games where you come out and they pop everything at the start and it is impossible to get away unless you have an immunity. When PvP gets back to the place where we could live for 10+ secs on our own with smart play then it will be mostly okay, but as it stands right now if you are caught without help for 2-3 GCDs you are dead.

Balance achieved?
    Warriors DO need help in some regards. Retarded overpowered nearly-unpeelable damage makes sure those concerns don't stand out.

Off spec healing was nerfed exactly in the same regard. They had something that was blatantly overpowered and carrying those respective specs. Now that it's nerfed their other concerns are going to stand and out and have to be addressed.

Hopefully they'll realize the complete stupidity of allowing tfb and cd stacking to stay as well as the removal of silence from heroic throw for glyph of gag order. And the complete lack of warrior grip and consequently their reliance on partners to be viable of killing single competent targets.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2012-12-03 at 03:39 PM.
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Finnio View Post
    GC was hired by blizzard sometimes in the middle of TBC , by that time the original team that created wow and probably had TBC finished was moving on to the next mmo project. We we're left with the new guys that even to this day dont know much how this game should work . Regarding PVP , i think i've seen threads saying "MOP will fix it" since firelands , now its still going on with 5.1 maybe 5.2 , but somehow its just get a bit worse every patch.
    Sure and that's why everyone liked the previous expansions pvp better than the current.

15+ Year Old Account
    GC is an arrogant douche, this has been known for a while already. WTB the old devs back, sadly they're all working on Titan and left these scrubs in charge of their game which has been slowly going downhill ever since. Remember when Tigole used to post on the forums? He didn't act like a smart-ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    That is because he tags the bad tweets and pains all criticism as whining. He is skewing the image of the player base to justify his stupid decisions.

And a lot of the time it's totally valid, but it's neglected until it hits live and they knee jerk it 2 days later.
    Exactly. There's a fuckton more constructive feedback than his tweets show. He just seems to be going out of his way to address the whiniest most useless posts most of the time. Except of course the ones asking for tfb aren't whiny and are entirely justified while his own excuses make my head hurt from sheer stupidity.

---------- Post added 2012-12-03 at 03:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    Sure and that's why everyone liked the previous expansions pvp better than the current.
    No one would deny that tbc and (non s5) wotlk pvp were miles ahead in playability by a larger amount of player base AND more flat out more fun than cata and mop. We have yet to see if mop gets better but Blizzard vehemently denying problems with pvp and going out of their way to exacerbate problems they themselves recognized 3 years ago shows nothing will be changing.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    sure tbc and wotlk(except the start of wotlk) had some good pvp, but cata onward was generally really bad ,

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrean View Post
    I don't think anyone has ever actually complained about that as it is pretty easy to dodge... It makes it unavoidable
    Wait what? It can't be both!

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    We have yet to see if mop gets better but Blizzard vehemently denying problems with pvp and going out of their way to exacerbate problems they themselves recognized 3 years ago shows nothing will be changing.
    I think that what annoys me the most, GC and the CMs seems to have a general attitude of "Oh you think there's a problem? Naw l2play scrub", when they have absolutely no idea what they are talking about.
    I can't find it atm, but there was a great post by one of the CMs explaining the idea of coordinating CC to a multi-glad xO

Quote Originally Posted by r3as0n View Post
    I"m not sure what game you're playing but; you can only get 3 stacks in Rated Arena's and Rated Battlegrounds, you also can only get 3 stacks in duels
    Not sure what game i'm playing? If you read the post i quoted you'd know the poster said pvp, not RBG, not arenas, not duels. Derp?

Anyways, GC does often say some absurd things, leading me to believe he really doesn't understand pvp in this game very much.

Wait what? It can't be both!
    I mean if I am playing 1v1 as GC seems to define "one-shot" then I can see things being built up and avoid them. Warrior got three stacks of TFB up? Avoid him for a while. Warlock got 400 Fury? Avoid him. Mage still breathing? Avoid him. (lol) Point being when you only have to worry about one player it is decently okay to avoid incoming damage.

Problems that make it unavoidable are when they have partners assisting them and you have to help your partners. That is when it becomes unavoidable. So the overall point should be that no one skill or player should be able to eat such huge chunks of health in 1 or 2 GCDs.

I gotta say, I was gone for over a year (I played from 11/2004 until Cata) and came back to see the new content and see some old friends--and I'm already starting to regret it. GC's snide attitude has only gotten worse. For those of you PVPers who haven't tried it yet, you should give Guild Wars 2 a try. It's not perfect either, but it's a much more level playing field with normalized gear and a better dev team.

"Stopped reading class forums personally. Too much echo chamber and chasing out dissenting opinions. I read the role forums."
    "Let 's meet back here next Saturday and see if mages are last on DPS meters."
    "We were really worried about scaling into the future. We added a lot of crit (for many classes) when Cata -> MoP." - really? my MM hunter has less crit than mastery when full reforged to crit.
    "We think something like "Valor of the Ancients" for Conquest is totally reasonable. We're discussing the right solution." - inc gearing alts faster!! <3
    "Monks were overpowered and were nerfed in 5.1. We think druids are fine." - sigh

this is with 5 minutes of browsing his twitter, all tweets were made since dec 1