Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Why would anyone want a spec to be challenging tbh. I'm not saying any of the specs are challenging but wouldn't you want the specs to be as easy as possible. Im saying this as a heroic raider because most encounters especially spirit kings HC require your utmost attention on whats happening with the boss and in the raid, without someone having to fight with their character to get the best rotation/prioritization going. Fire "was" awesome, the prioritization was easy (for me atleast) and the DPS was high leaving me able to concentrate on the encounter 100%. I guess tho with enough practice any spec would become second nature to someone.

My 2 cents

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redcinder View Post
    Why would anyone want a spec to be challenging tbh. I'm not saying any of the specs are challenging but wouldn't you want the specs to be as easy as possible. Im saying this as a heroic raider because most encounters especially spirit kings HC require your utmost attention on whats happening with the boss and in the raid, without someone having to fight with their character to get the best rotation/prioritization going. Fire "was" awesome, the prioritization was easy (for me atleast) and the DPS was high leaving me able to concentrate on the encounter 100%. I guess tho with enough practice any spec would become second nature to someone.

My 2 cents
    For some (myself included) the fun comes from the challenge of being able to get the best of both worlds - have a challenging rotation that takes skill to play well whilst still not failing to encounter mechanics and optimise your DPS in all the situations.
    Not gong to lie though, I've felt the same. While progressing on HCs while Fire was strong (up to this nerf, basically) I did enjoy how simple the rotation was and how (comparatively) little I had to think about my rotation; but once you're either a) used to the encounters or b) know the class/spec inside-out it becomes "too easy", and that's not something I like. Personally, anyway ^^

Deleted
    We were on empress 10N last night and i was frost ilvl 484 we wiped a few time, i didn't mind though cause i wanted to test frost out . Anyway at the start i would peak at 140k (highest was 163k) then even out on 90k~ consistantly. So frost is pretty strong though i haven't tried arcane yet.
    I really hope Blizzard considers making reforging more convenient for those who have to use both specs in raids, without having to hold the raid up for 5 minutes, each spec change.

10+ Year Old Account
    They sort of did with the Yak mount. Now, I know you can't mount everywhere but for the fair price of a tad above 100,000g you may now reforge any place you can mount. ^_^
    Armory
    Twitter
    Altered-Time.com - the #1 Mage Theorycrafting community.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aloodanis View Post
    Damn casuals and their vending machines. Back in my day, We had to go all the way from Orgrimmar to Desolace to pick up chips from the store. we had to do an extensive attunement quest to get into the store and we had to assemble 39 other people to fight the many other trash mobs, i mean trash food, to get to the chip isle. Oh and most of us couldn't even afford our epic car mount to drive there, we had to settle for our 60% bike mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by LocNess View Post
    I am in a bit of a pickle. I am Frost right now, but being a raid leader too, it may not be the best idea to have a "busy" spec while watching the raid and calling stuff out. So as Arcane I might actually pull slightly more. Probs will have to do some testing.
    Using weak auras until you get used to the timing might help a lot. There are plenty of ways you can track procs and cds with it. The part I like the most is being able to add sounds to things rather then just adding more and more visuale clutter. Sure you end up becoming Pavlovs dog to a point hear a bell hit your 4 key but it works. Once you get used to the timing and casting changes you can undo it all if you like also.

---------- Post added 2012-12-03 at 05:28 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by gunhound45 View Post
    This couldn't be taken any further out of context. Might want to toss up some more info then just numbers like this.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    Your apparent belief in these numbers (having posted this on another thread also) just shows your complete ignorance. But, hey, they're Sims, they must be correct, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Gilthandir View Post
    This means that your chances of getting 2 fireball crits, and therefore a pyroblasts, went from around 20% to 14%. 6% less pyroblasts!? To me, that doesn't seem huge at all.
    Umm, no. That means 40 % fewer pyroblasts. If for 100 casts you used to get 20 pyros, now you get 14. That's not a 6 % nerf, that's a 40 % nerf.

Thanks to Inferno Blast the math doesn't quite work out like that so it's not a 40 % nerf but it's still pretty bad, especially for the fun factor and RNG. You can now again for a minute doing nothing else in the fight besides spamming fireball and refreshing your dot spell.

Deleted
    That chart is wrong on so many levels. Hunters are way higher than that, and Elemental is better than Enhancement by quite a bit too. Arcane doesn't even come close to any of those specs on a Patchwerk fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can we stop linking the image please, everyone can see it 4 times and you're ramping up the size of the page unnecessarily.

Deleted
    Just raided as arcane for today, It does seem very viable, but.... it is so god damn boring, I cannot stand playing it. Gonna just go back too fire and hope to god for good rng >.< it's the only spec i actually enjoyed playing

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phatlewts View Post
    Just raided as arcane for today, It does seem very viable, but.... it is so god damn boring, I cannot stand playing it. Gonna just go back too fire and hope to god for good rng >.< it's the only spec i actually enjoyed playing
    Personal opinion, of course, but how on Earth is Arcane more boring than Fire? If anything, they're about the same. >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Serene View Post
    Personal opinion, of course, but how on Earth is Arcane more boring than Fire? If anything, they're about the same. >.>
    Fire gets free giant fireballs, arcane gets free hard hitting but puny looking missiles which are the only real spell graphic arcane has.
    It just bores me to death to just even look at my character animations and see nothing.
    Playstyle pov, specs with no real constant cleaves bores me personally.

Deleted
    True, but I enjoy the procs and just the general play experience of fire. People have thier own preference, and I personally just find arcane the most boring spec in history lol :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phatlewts View Post
    True, but I enjoy the procs and just the general play experience of fire. People have thier own preference, and I personally just find arcane the most boring spec in history lol :P
    Were this Cataclysm I'd most certainly agree but I don't mind the MoP version as much. Both specs feel very repetitive but I guess I just prefer not having to think about what my spells are hitting for :P

I'm glad I kept this signature, that's my take on all of this.

15+ Year Old Account
    Someone posted a simcraft the other day showing what all classes/specs will be putting out post 5.1 and it went something like this

1. Arcane
    2. forgot
    3. forgot
    4. forgot
    5. Frost

Dead Last. Fire...... im not exxagerating either.

real men will stay fire and still top meters

Quote Originally Posted by Greywardenn View Post
    This is what they were referring to:

http://www.noxxic.com/wow/dps-rankings/realistic-dps
    Noxxic had arc and frost ahead of fire before 5.1. Their numbers are often so far of the mark I don't know why ppl even look at them. This must be the WoW version of ppl that pay a psychic every week even though each previous week they were wrong about what would happen.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."