Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Some raids i just dislike, even though some have amazing fights.

Dragon Soul
    Trial of the Champion (Love anub'arak 25heroic though)
    Ruby Sanctum

DS without a doubt, just a plain boring raid that while not as extreme as IC still overstayed its welcome by quite a bit, in large part due to LFR

I'm indecided about ToC. Yeah boring and lorewise just ridiculous, but still, it had it's moments and faction champions were fun. Still I think ToC makes the list.

Last spot, hm. Think EoE claims that spot, it just never kicked in for me.

1. ICC
    2. Ulduar
    3. Karazhan

I hate long raids.

Favorites:

1. Eye of Eternity
    2. Ulduar one wing at a time
    3. Gruul's Lair
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    1. ToC - Let's fight in the same arena 4 times a week, the same bosses.
    2. Ruby Sanctum - Very bad filler content.
    3. AQ20 - Silly drops to learn your max rank of spells + boring lay out.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    Suprised at how many people aren't mentioning my all time mosted hated raid...

1. Mount Hyjal Summit. The trash drove me mental after it had been on farm a while. Bosses were far too easy upto Archimonde and they were all boring looking reused models of other mobs except for Archimonde.

2. TOC. Didn't mind the bosses too much and the mechanics were ok but the 1 room design (2 if you count the cavern) ruined it.

3. Dragon Soul. Huge let down for me. Deathwing was th final boss of the expansion and yet he was 1 of the most underwhelming raid bosses i've ever fought against. Also when I do a new raid I want to explore a new zone but DS was mostly a bunch of glued together previously used areas. Yorshaj was cool though... Nice interesting mechanic with the blob combos.
    /agreed

Honorable mention to Naxx 2.0 for complete recycling and the beginning of truly trivial raiding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pokeadott View Post
    Honorable mention to Naxx 2.0 for complete recycling
    I actually think it's awesome that Blizzard had the backbone to recycle an entire raid, and I'm happy that they did it. How many people actually killed a boss in naxx during vanilla? Was it 1%, or was that sunwell? Either way, it was extremely low, and seeing how many fun fights and how long the raid was, I think they made a great call.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Quote Originally Posted by Badhairday View Post
    I actually think it's awesome that Blizzard had the backbone to recycle an entire raid, and I'm happy that they did it. How many people actually killed a boss in naxx during vanilla? Was it 1%, or was that sunwell? Either way, it was extremely low, and seeing how many fun fights and how long the raid was, I think they made a great call.
    I was very glad for it as well. Naxx 40, going by the number of people that saw the inside of it when it was relevant, barely counted as content. As far as I'm concerned, Wrath was when Naxx was added to the game. And I, for one, enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    I was very glad for it as well. Naxx 40, going by the number of people that saw the inside of it when it was relevant, barely counted as content. As far as I'm concerned, Wrath was when Naxx was added to the game. And I, for one, enjoyed it.
    Naxx would have been much better if it were tuned harder than heroic dungeons. Pugs cleared it the first week on my server. I cleared it before most of my guild was even level 80.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    Naxx would have been much better if it were tuned harder than heroic dungeons. Pugs cleared it the first week on my server. I cleared it before most of my guild was even level 80.
    Karazhan was considerably easier than heroic dungeons and it gets lauded as the best thing since sliced bread around here. Entry raids should be easier than later ones.

Karazhan was considerably easier than heroic dungeons and it gets lauded as the best thing since sliced bread around here. Entry raids should be easier than later ones.
    Naxx was ridiculously easy and recycled. Also, heroic 5man dungeons were tuned far differently in BC. Kara was also the first real 10m, which got it much of its praise.

Naxx was ridiculously easy and recycled. Also, heroic 5man dungeons were tuned far differently in BC. Kara was also the first real 10m, which got it much of its praise.
    You can't recycle something that's never been used.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's because Karazhan IS the best thing since sliced bread. In all seriousness, Kara just had that really epic feel to it. Nightbane used to piss me off more than bad RNG during Prince. Chess was fun, the music was great, layout was fantastic and the eerie feeling it gave made for one of the best raids ever.

You can't recycle something that's never been used.
    Regardless of how many people actually cleared it at 60, it was already in the game. It carried that stigma of "not only did blizz just reuse an isntance, but they were too lazy to tune it properly!". There was also no nostalgia because so few actually saw it originally.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerofpope View Post
    That's because Karazhan IS the best thing since sliced bread. In all seriousness, Kara just had that really epic feel to it. Nightbane used to piss me off more than bad RNG during Prince. Chess was fun, the music was great, layout was fantastic and the eerie feeling it gave made for one of the best raids ever.
    Be that as it may, it was easy. The difficult part of progressing out of Karazhan was in getting fifteen other guys before half your team got poached. The fights themselves were as easy as Naxx if not easier. Chess, the only fight you named, could be soloed. At level. So if difficulty is the sole determinant of whether a raid is good or not, Karazhan should, for the sake of consistency, be counted at Naxx's level.

Oh yes, and I forget how long it took, but Kara's music tracks were added in a considerable amount of time after the actual instance was released. Until that point it was the quietest raid ever implemented.

Regardless of how many people actually cleared it at 60, it was already in the game. It carried that stigma of "not only did blizz just reuse an isntance, but they were too lazy to tune it properly!". There was also no nostalgia because so few actually saw it originally.
    I actually have plenty of nostalgia of the Wrath version of Naxx. And it felt tuned just fine to me, especially for an instance with a "nobody can die, ever" achievement attached.
    Last edited by Drilnos; 2012-12-03 at 11:51 PM.

Malygos
    Malygos
    Malygos

10+ Year Old Account
    Be that as it may, it was easy. The difficult part of progressing out of Karazhan was in getting fifteen other guys before half your team got poached. The fights themselves were as easy as Naxx if not easier. Chess, the only fight you named, could be soloed. At level. So if difficulty is the sole determinant of whether a raid is good or not, Karazhan should, for the sake of consistency, be counted at Naxx's level.

Oh yes, and I forget how long it took, but Kara's music tracks were added in a considerable amount of time after the actual instance was released. Until that point it was the quietest raid ever implemented.

I actually have plenty of nostalgia of the Wrath version of Naxx. And it felt tuned just fine to me, especially for an instance with a "nobody can die, ever" achievement attached.
    I always turned the music off during game play. Only one night did I turn it on and find I enjoyed the music a lot. So I'm not sure how long into it before the music was introduced. I just liked it.

1. ToC -- Hands down, the worst ever, and acknowledged as so by devs/GC
    2. Dragon Soul -- Spine of Deathwing was a great step toward more dynamic raiding, only it was a terrible and boring.
    3. Gruul's Lair -- Awkward.

1: ToC
    2: DS
    3: EoE

I hated ToCr with a passion, though I loved the Twin Val'kyr fight. Would've prefered to see that in ICC.
    I dislike DS because none of the encounters appealed to me. I hated the Madness fight, because it felt like such an anti-climax after Spine, and even Spine was only made superficially hard because of the window you had to kill Tendons on HC mode.
    I hate EoE because of Phase 3. So long, so boring. Especially with people who couldn't keep their stacks rolling (Horaaaay for having 20+ stacks by the end and the average of the rest being about 4-5). FL was a step up in terms of vehicle mechanics, at least there was variance and amusement (PYRITE... HOOOOOOO)

1. DS
    2. Firelands
    3. ToC (minus Wilfred Fizzlebang, master Summoner!)

Deleted
    Hyjal
    BT
    Old ZG