Divine Star and the PvP power nerf (Yes this is a Paladin thread).

Let me recap the events of the last few weeks in order to make my point.

1) All hybrids received a blanket nerf to PvP power, causing it to only affect their main role, leading to a roughly 30% nerf to healing for all off-healers who currently have full conquest gear.

2) While the the community was mainly complaining about Shadow Priests (and only when combined with ridiculously OP dps like Mages) and a few other specs, all off-healers were drastically nerfed, including Enhancement Shamans, Ret Paladins and other specs that barely anyone was complaining about.

3) The ill-conceived nerfs hit Spriest the least, since the problem all along was their ability to spam heals, not their ability to throw out strong heals once in a while like an Enhance Shaman on Ret Pally.

4) Less than a week after the PvP Power nerf, Divine Star is drastically buffed, restoring the worst offender (Shadow) to almost where it was before the nerf.

To put this ability in context for people who are not familiar with its healing, Divine Star now instantly heals the Spriest for almost as much as a Ret Paladin's 3HP Word of Glory, and a few seconds later does so again when it returns. Any allies in it's path also receive almost as much healing as two WoGs. The ability is instant, on a short 15 sec, cooldown, costs a reasonable amount of mana, can break stealthies out, and even does some damage.

To clarify, I don't want Shadow nerfed, I'm just pointing out these ridiculous happenings; I even play with a Spriest partner, but even he agrees that this is an absurd sequence of events, in fact pretty much any serious PvPer does. Numerous innocent bystanders were nerfed, while the worst offender is first to be compensated for the lost healing (perhaps not intentionally or fully, but a silly situation still).

Most spriest would still take halo

Quote Originally Posted by kartmanlol View Post
    Most spriest would still take halo
    Actually Talbadarx, one of the best Spriests in the world takes Divine Star for arena, and Cascade for RBGS, Halo certainly annoys stealthers, but people are not taking it any more when they can have a massive instant heal for multiple teammates; keep in mind you can also change talents in arena and take Halo if you are very worried about a particular stealth team.

Just because Talb uses DStar doesn't make it the best talent, I would argue Halo is in fact much better for pvp.

This is me just standing still DStaring myself.

Your Divine Star healed You 0 Spellshadow. (27267 Overhealed)
    Your Divine Star healed You 0 Spellshadow. (29997 Overhealed)
    Your Divine Star healed You 0 Spellshadow. (28160 Overhealed)
    Your Divine Star healed You 0 Spellshadow. (58738 Overhealed) (Critical)
    Your Divine Star healed You 0 Spellshadow. (24934 Overhealed)
    Your Divine Star healed You 0 Spellshadow. (27954 Overhealed)
    Your Divine Star healed You 0 Spellshadow. (25315 Overhealed)
    Your Divine Star healed You 0 Spellshadow. (28490 Overhealed)
    Your Divine Star healed You 0 Spellshadow. (25324 Overhealed)
    Your Divine Star healed You 0 Spellshadow. (57706 Overhealed) (Critical)

The healing seems a bit over the top but you have to aim it like a sniper to hit things now (The width of the spell is only 4 yards as of 5.1)
    I guess the justification is that Dstar is a 'skillshot' and wog isn't /shrug.
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    Just because Talb uses DStar doesn't make it the best talent, I would argue Halo is in fact much better for pvp.

This is me just standing still DStaring myself.

Your Divine Star healed You 0 Spellshadow. (27267 Overhealed)
    Your Divine Star healed You 0 Spellshadow. (29997 Overhealed)
    Your Divine Star healed You 0 Spellshadow. (28160 Overhealed)
    Your Divine Star healed You 0 Spellshadow. (58738 Overhealed) (Critical)
    Your Divine Star healed You 0 Spellshadow. (24934 Overhealed)
    Your Divine Star healed You 0 Spellshadow. (27954 Overhealed)
    Your Divine Star healed You 0 Spellshadow. (25315 Overhealed)
    Your Divine Star healed You 0 Spellshadow. (28490 Overhealed)
    Your Divine Star healed You 0 Spellshadow. (25324 Overhealed)
    Your Divine Star healed You 0 Spellshadow. (57706 Overhealed) (Critical)

The healing seems a bit over the top but you have to aim it like a sniper to hit things now (The width of the spell is only 4 yards as of 5.1)
    I guess the justification is that Dstar is a 'skillshot' and wog isn't /shrug.
    Well you only have to aim it when used on others, you get both heals on yourself unless you move; yeah, it takes some skill, but give me a break a massive heal less than a week after a PvP off-healing nerf inspired mainly by Spriest? Yes, I'm sure that Halo is still useful against some stealth comps, but against many teams this is a massive healing buff at an incredibly inappropriate time.