Poll: Would you like high elves to be a playable race?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Who Wants High Elves as a Playable Race?

Ah, yes; one of those never ending topics. But this is not about a proposition with pros and cons and justification galore, just about how many out there would like high elves to be an alliance playable race and the reasons behind this desire.

EDIT: Since people just love to miss the point, I'm not asking if you want them or not, I'm asking to those who want them, why? If you don't like high elves, is your prerogative, gurl. More power to you. But that means this thread is not for you, so move a long to other threads that will cater to your interests.

But seriously, this is meant to be like asking "who want gummi bears!" and those who want raise their hand. I was not expecting "screw gummi bears, gummi bears are the worse, shove your gummi bears up you ass, you f**ker* What up with that? could you be serious, so hostile and ready for argumenation, when I was asking who wants gummi bears.

EDIT 2: I did NOT add the "No" option, it was the mod.

EDIT 3: The Reckoning: Just talk about whatever, at this point it doesn't even matter, dearies
    Last edited by TheDangerZone; 2012-12-04 at 06:10 AM. Reason: Point has been missed :(

Personally, I don't find enough substantial differentiation between the elven races to make more of them as playable races very interesting. Night Elves are fine. Blood elves is enough. Any more and I think its kind of getting redundant.

NOTE: Before I get flamed for not knowing the differences between the elven races, I DO, I'm just saying purely from a gameplay vantage point and weather or not it would be a good enough subject for Blizzard to generate additional subscriptions.
    Your face when the Scoundrel is Gallagher.

I say no. But, I would say yes if they made Blood Elves and High Elves neutral races.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

if they do it as a subrace of blood elves or night elves, than sure. but as a new race, no thanks, I'd rather have naga.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

no. just no. not yes. not yes! just a big fat N O. there's basically no difference between them and blood elves, culturally and physically (don't confuse lore with culture. of course there's the belf lore backstory and all that, i'm talking about architecture, lifestyle, traditions, etc.). I may support a customization option to turn glowing green belf eyes to a glowing blue, but a full fledged new playable race? no way, ridiculous.

I hate polls like this. -__-

Yes please. Just slap blue eyes on belves as they are and I'm happy TBH. Obviously they would have to be alliance.

Please don't make poll threads if you're not actually giving different options. I added a third choice for those who disagree with you.

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions

I reckon we'd have a lot of outcry about Blizz being lazy recycling models as a playable race. Most players won't care for the lore and simply think it's a blue eyed elves. We have two races of elves already. So whilst it would be cool, if it were an xpac feature, it wouldn't really be that big of an announcement. People want some more diversity in their race choices.

Thatt said, I love pandaren and worgen, but I'm hoping the next race doesn't have fur. WoW seems to be getting less humanoid with it's races as the years go by.

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BMBLB View Post
    no. just no. not yes. not yes! just a big fat N O. there's basically no difference between them and blood elves, culturally and physically (don't confuse lore with culture. of course there's the belf lore backstory and all that, i'm talking about architecture, lifestyle, traditions, etc.). I may support a customization option to turn glowing green belf eyes to a glowing blue, but a full fledged new playable race? no way, ridiculous.
    How is it that ridiculous?
    I mean I'm all for it so I may be a tad bias. Its pretty much the same as both factions getting Pandaren.
    Sure the horde would need an extra race or an alliance race as compensation but I don't see it as being that far out of an idea.

BTW I'd pick Dark Iron Dwarf as the compensation.

10+ Year Old Account
    if you want to RP a high elf make a Blood Elf DK (DK effect gives the blue eyes), get yourself this transmog set and chill out in dalaran. No need to add playable high elves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysia View Post
    Please don't make poll threads if you're not actually giving different options. I added a third choice for those who disagree with you.
    Hey, I was using the the poll in lieu of a headcount. I know there's people who don't like elves, and I have no problem with that. I just wanted to know how many wanted them. The intention of this post wasn't debate so I kindly ask to revert the poll at its previous state, if possible.

I feel like the point of this thread was lost since the begging. I'm asking who wants, not who doesn't want. This is not a thread about the plausibility of adding high elves as a new race, is why people would like them to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Yes please. Just slap blue eyes on belves as they are and I'm happy TBH. Obviously they would have to be alliance.
    I feel like with the events on Dalaran with the Silver Covenant, it would have been more awesome if high elves were playable.
    Last edited by TheDangerZone; 2012-12-04 at 04:01 AM.

voted yes! cause elves are like, the best evar. and being a high elf sorceress would be awesome! might finally level a mage for that.

Alliance Blood Elves, yes
    High Elves, no

Alliance Sin'dorei advances the story, Quel'dorei is a step backwards. In order to have an Alliance faction of Sin'dorei the High Elves cannot exist as a separate entity.

Quote Originally Posted by Amonra View Post
    Hey, I was using the the poll in lieu of a headcount. I know there's people who don't like elves, and I have no problem with that. I just wanted to know how many wanted them. The intention of this post wasn't debate so I kindly ask to revert the poll at its previous state, if possible.

I feel like the point of this thread was lost since the begging. I'm asking who wants, not who doesn't want. This is not a thread about the plausibility of adding high elves as a new race, is why people would like them to be.
    These are a discussion forums not a forum to circle jerk together about what you like. Expect to have opposite opinions and debate about them.

Also, you want to complain about people missing the point when you asked a fucking yes/no question in the title. So please, tell me what "point" are we not getting?
    Last edited by Pebrocks The Warlock; 2012-12-04 at 04:22 AM.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    Alliance Blood Elves, yes
    High Elves, no

Alliance Sin'dorei advances the story, Quel'dorei is a step backwards. In order to have an Alliance faction of Sin'dorei the High Elves cannot exist as a separate entity.
    Oaky, I don't want to respond to this because it misses the point of the thread (don't worry, almost everyone did) but you present a point that interests me. So, if there's sin'dorei sedition and defection to the alliance, I think that the power play at hand it would be to put the separatists and the alliance high elves under the same banner. Bolster the numbers, put the comparatively smaller differences aside to face the horde blood elves. What would be the point of a faction of blood elves defecting the horde and not merge with the other thalassian organization in the alliance? It would be bad politics, if they want a voice and vote within the allliance, and equal standing with its races, they should convince the silver covenant first and pool their resources together.

Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    These are a discussion forums not a forum to circle jerk together about what you like. Expect to have opposite opinions and debate about them.
    Well, my intention was to make a circle jerk, in all honesty. But oh well, if you want to "debate" about this, when I stated that this is not a debate, do not expect me to engage you.

Tell you waht, if you want to discuss why high elves should/should not join the alliance as a playable race, you are free to make a thread about it! I might even pop in there.
    Last edited by TheDangerZone; 2012-12-04 at 04:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Amonra View Post
    Oaky, I don't want to respond to this because it misses the point of the thread (don't worry, almost everyone did) but you present a point that interests me. So, if there's sin'dorei sedition and defection to the alliance, I think that the power play at hand it would be to put the separatists and the alliance high elves under the same banner. Bolster the numbers, put the comparatively smaller differences aside to face the horde blood elves. What would be the point of a faction of blood elves defecting the horde and not merge with the other thalassian organization in the alliance? It would be bad politics, if they want a voice and vote within the allliance, and equal standing with its races, they should convince the silver covenant first and pool their resources together.
    They would merge with the other thalassian organisation, but they wouldn't call themselves "high elves". High Elves is an archaic term imo. It symbolises a perpetuating rift. The Sin'dorei haven't been under the shadow of Kael'thas since the events of Burning Crusade played out. High Elves represent an opposition to Kael'thas, a story line thats dead and gone and needs to be put in the past. The High Elves are not a race, they are a political organisation. The Blood Elves they were opposed to do not exist any more and the Silver Covenant does not, nor should it, have any heavy influence or sway over the Alliance at large.

Current Blood Elves don't suck the life out of creatures to fuel their arcane addictions, they don't siphon fel off demons either, The don't do it lore, they don't even do it as a game mechanic (remember mana tap). They are opposed to selling their souls for absolute power and they draw from the Light itself to power their magic now. Imo the only way to have Alliance Sin'dorei work is to have the Silver Covenant standing behind them, not the other way around. The Blood Elves have to convince Stormwind and her major Allies in Darnassus, Ironforge and Gilneas, that their intentions to join them are pure and legitimate, not some third rate club of disgruntled Quel'dorei in Dalaran. Also I don't really see how this misses the point of the thread. I voted "no" for High Elves and gave a reason
    Last edited by Justignoreme; 2012-12-04 at 04:23 AM.

yes although id rather blood elves become neutral since i have a feeling alot of people would say something like "SEE BLIZZ LOVES HORDE THEY GAVE HORDE A NEW RACE JUST GAVE ALLIANCE RESKINNED HORDE RACE @_@"
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    yes although id rather blood elves become neutral since i have a feeling alot of people would say something like "SEE BLIZZ LOVES HORDE THEY GAVE HORDE A NEW RACE JUST GAVE ALLIANCE RESKINNED HORDE RACE @_@"
    Weren't they saying they gave blood elves to the horde so alliance could re-roll back in BC? Angry rabble is funny but carries no weight.

I want Naga because they are unique,interesting lorewise etc..
    You may like high elves now but after you put some tier armor on them they would look exactly like night/blood elf or human.
    In that case whats the point? Just roll night elf with white hair and voala you can pretend to be High elf.
    On the other hand if blizzard change them somehow so they can be new playable race than they wouldnt be the High elves you wonna play now. So again whats the point?