10+ Year Old Account

Mistweaver Advice Needed

Okay so I have finally sorted my Brewmaster spec now I am starting to gear up my Mistweaver Spec. Now I am having issues with Mana and AoE healing groups on my Mistweaver.

Armory here: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...anade/advanced

Anyway I was wondering if anyone had any AoE healing tips and how to stop my Mana getting destroyed on bosses like Rattlegore.

Also enchanting wise I am not going to enchant ANYTHING unless its a 463 Heroic Blue except Weapon which I had the enchant for in my bags.

So yeah I guess if anyone has any tips on saving Mana and doing more AoE healing I am all ears. I am also using Mana Tea every 2 stacks.

Also is Fistweaving essential or can I just not do it?
    Last edited by Tyranader; 2012-12-04 at 07:46 AM.

rattlegore shouldn't be too bad, as long as people are keeping their bone shields up, if not, tell them to!

renewing mist is good for 2 or more targets taking damage, but a waste for any less, instead use soothing mist, since it's so darn cheap now. You should also have your statue down which will help heal when you're using SoM.

I personally prefer chi burst over chi wave, simply because I like lining it up to hit a whole bunch of people, but chi wave is great for tank healing.

RJW isn't very useful, take Xuen or torpedo, I like torpedo for the same reason I like chi burst, Xuen is much easier to use and more reliable I guess.

After the mana tea change, it's a good idea to get crit on your gear, so go spirit->crit->everything else if you're running out of mana.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's that I don't feel like I am doing enough healing and when I try to keep up the AoE heals it feels like I am pissing away my mana.

Until you get better gear your aoe heals, SCK and ReM, are going to feel very wasteful, but in heroic dungeons they're perfectly fine for the job, just don't spam them.

Chi burst is a very good source of aoe healing, assuming you can line it up right, and costs only 2 chi. Uplift is really only good for AoE heavy fights, and you need to keep ReM on CD for it to be totally effective. SCK is very mana intensive, I don't recommend using it in heroic dungeons.

Chi torpedo could help a lot in the aoe healing department too, just fly through your group and you give them a decent heal (assuming you can line it up, just like chi burst).

Don't be afraid to use Revival during boss fights too, the CD isn't that long and even with poor gear it's a full party heal in 5 mans.

Deleted
    Your gear is just a bit low, so when running dungeons with people who are clueless for tactics it may hurt yes. Nothing wrong at all with having to drink after a long-ish bossfight or some hard trashpacks when slightly low on gear.

You don't need to fistweave if you don't want to no. I'd suggest trying it out once you got more gear perhaps and when you are inevitably going to be superbored in certain dungeons. As for AoE-healing: in dungeons, anything that requires stacking to be effective is going to be mostly a waste. I can't really remember any boss in current dungeons where 5 people are stacked. SCK is almost completely useless because of that. Chi burst perhaps an option if you can position yourself really well but wouldn't bother with it. Chi torpedo same problem as chi burst, it's not that amazing unless people are positioned correctly.
    The main thing to do is keep renewing mists on everyone. Even without using TFT, you can keep your entire party of 5 covered easily by using it on cooldown (even in between mobpacks, just use it always). After that, use uplift for when everyone is getting hit. Use soothing mists on person lowest for chi generation if you're not into fistweaving, while still using renewing mists every 8 seconds (since it also generates chi).

Quote Originally Posted by Fractalize View Post
    It's that I don't feel like I am doing enough healing and when I try to keep up the AoE heals it feels like I am pissing away my mana.
    Make sure you let Renewing Mist do its thing. It takes a few seconds to spread and then lasts for 16 seconds, so you may want to cast it in advance if you know that AoE damage is incoming. Avoid healing people up to above 90% health, and RwM will keep on ticking on everyone and provide a lot of healing for a reasonably low cost. Try to avoid Spinning Crane Kick if you can, as it'll drain your mana quickly. It's great when leveling, but less so at 90.

If you pick up the Chi Brew talent, you can use that to get four instant chi to do 2xUplift for free if AoE damage becomes unmanageable. It'll also give you a free Mana Tea stack, which is always nice. Xuen is also great if you're struggling with mana, as he's free and provides a very large amount of healing over 45 seconds. Just make sure your statue is up and use him on every boss fight. It'll make your life much easier.

As for fistweaving, stay away from it. Jab was already expensive in 5.0, and now it's even worse. It can be useful for quick (but expensive) chi in an emergency, but don't use it too much. Fistweaving took a pretty big hit in 5.1, as it was already a mana hog.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay so I'll keep Renewing Mist up at all times and spend my Chi on Chi Burst/Uplift or Enveloping Mists (when healing the tank) when needed and use Soothing Mists on the Lowest HP Target.

I don't wanna take Chi Torpedo as people NEVER stack in 5 mans so I took Xuen instead.

If I have any more issues I'll post here.

Thanks.

Deleted
    I don't wanna take Chi Torpedo as people NEVER stack in 5 mans so I took Xuen instead.
    And that's exactly why you'll practically never use Chi Burst. ReM is silly strong as it only takes 2 of them to cover everyone which will happen by default, as opposed to people lining up for Chi Burst which will happen pretty much never. Don't forget to use your thunder focus brew on an uplift just before the lowest duration ReM is about to run out and you'll be cruise controlling content like raiding MWers were before 5.1. You're not going to get any other decent talent instead of Chi Burst considering the other two in the tier are even worse, but at least you won't be concerning (and frustrating) yourself with hitting low health people with Chi Burst.

And don't fall into the trap of emergency healing group members outside of emergencies. ReM/uplift is incredibly strong for keeping everyone alive to the extend that it can be relied on to keep none-tanks alive through pretty much anything. You'll just be wasting mana and time if you soothing (or worse, surging) mist them. Reserve it for the tank in conjunction with EnvM on the few fights where the tank takes considerable damage. Unless your group is seriously terrible you'll have Revival for when a DPS goes afk in the brain and takes too much avoidable damage on certain fight mechanics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay so I took Chi Wave and Invoke Xuen instead of Chi Torpedo (It looks STUPID anyway) and Chi Burst as no one stacks.

And following the advice posted in this thread I healed General Pa'valak doing 4.5 Million healing and ended the fight with 80% mana and everyone at full HP and didn't even use Mana Tea.

Thanks

15+ Year Old Account
    Okay so I took Chi Wave and Invoke Xuen instead of Chi Torpedo (It looks STUPID anyway) and Chi Burst as no one stacks.

And following the advice posted in this thread I healed General Pa'valak doing 4.5 Million healing and ended the fight with 80% mana and everyone at full HP and didn't even use Mana Tea.

Thanks
    Good calls on the talent changes. I prefer Chi Burst for raiding, but every time I heal a 5 man, I wish I had Chi Wave (and I'm too lazy to swap it).

The second part concerns me; you should make it a habit to spend your mana tea stack any time you have >= 2 stacks and < 90% mana. Even if you are starting to be fine on 5-mans, it'll be a good habit to get into for when you heal longer raid fights.