Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Lathus I will ask you again if holy mana regen is good after you've healed Emps heroic I am running on fumes on that fight for almost half the encounter

Erm OP I have 11.5k spirit, which is usually enough, but this rapture bug has really been messing me up recently.

Deleted
    Hehe, Will of the Emps HC is a comfortable stroll on a Sunday morning compared to Grand Empress HC. I wish you the best of luck there as holy! OOM in under a minute, yup totally possible.
    Right now, you probably think I'm bad, or joking. Get there and see, healing that fight is as big a contrast to any other MSV or HoF heroic mode as you can imagine.

The first word I thought of after our first night of progress; Brutal.

Second word I thought of: Disc :P

I play disc: 10k spirit unbuffed, 19k spellpower, 476ilvl, chi'ji + jade. Use spirit flask, so 11k~ in raid.

More than enough for my level of progression, a bit overkill really. But I like to have some extra mana to spam Flash Heal/shield spam in case sh*t hit the fan, so the extra regen's always a bonus.

When I play holy, it still feels tight. Basically have to be on my toes with spell selection and play carefully the whole way otherwise I'd be running dry at the end. :S
    Last edited by Xelaeno; 2012-12-04 at 02:23 AM.

GM/Raid Leader of <Air>, Sargeras-US, Alliance
    13/13M Mythic Morning/Day-Time Raiding Guild

Now recruiting for Legion! Apply at air-guild.com

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rectitude View Post
    Hehe, Will of the Emps HC is a comfortable stroll on a Sunday morning compared to Grand Empress HC. I wish you the best of luck there as holy! OOM in under a minute, yup totally possible.
    Right now, you probably think I'm bad, or joking. Get there and see, healing that fight is as big a contrast to any other MSV or HoF heroic mode as you can imagine.

The first word I thought of after our first night of progress; Brutal.

Second word I thought of: Disc :P
    Yea I am not even going to try that fight as holy xD

I'm sitting at 12,5k unbuffed at the moment. With flask, food, trinkets and professions (alch + tailoring) accounted for, I have an average of ~16,2k spirit I believe. And I still want more. 494 ilvl by the way.

I almost feel bad for you guys that have so little spirit. You gotta spam more! As Holy (although its way better to be Disc) you need all the mana regen you can get on the longer fights, and as Disc the rapture scales too well in my opinion. If the stars align, I can get atleast 100k mana back on a rapture when the shaman uses mana tide.

Also, since people mention HC will: this fight IS a stroll when you have much spirit. We are suppose to spam prayer of healing during the entire fight, which I have no problems with doing on my level of spirit.

Quote Originally Posted by Slazky View Post
    I'm sitting at 12,5k unbuffed at the moment. With flask, food, trinkets and professions (alch + tailoring) accounted for, I have an average of ~16,2k spirit I believe. And I still want more. 494 ilvl by the way.

I almost feel bad for you guys that have so little spirit. You gotta spam more! As Holy (although its way better to be Disc) you need all the mana regen you can get on the longer fights, and as Disc the rapture scales too well in my opinion. If the stars align, I can get atleast 100k mana back on a rapture when the shaman uses mana tide.

Also, since people mention HC will: this fight IS a stroll when you have much spirit. We are suppose to spam prayer of healing during the entire fight, which I have no problems with doing on my level of spirit.
    To be honest, I feel bad for you because pretty much all of the top tanked priests on that fight have between 10k and 12k spirit. :P But it's really a playstyle choice.

Deleted
    It's a lot harder if you're tank healing. Every week I am pretty much entirely tank healing on that fight, which it seems from logs very very little priests have to do. Of course for raid healing there aren't really any mana problems at all.

More the better i say :P but thats just me zzzzzzz

Quote Originally Posted by Halaberiel View Post
    It's a lot harder if you're tank healing. Every week I am pretty much entirely tank healing on that fight, which it seems from logs very very little priests have to do. Of course for raid healing there aren't really any mana problems at all.
    even on normal my alt priest seem to go oom :/ not sure why though (unless 10 combo means less tank healing on heroic right??)
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

10+ Year Old Account
    9700, I play mostly disc and actually have too much spirit as disc but for the few fights I play holy I like having a bit more. Under 10k is probably not enough for holy though, maybe around 12k would be really nice.

Quote Originally Posted by emni View Post
    To be honest, I feel bad for you because pretty much all of the top tanked priests on that fight have between 10k and 12k spirit. :P But it's really a playstyle choice.
    I pretty much rank on every fight. Think I ranked 12 on Will 25HC for disc priests and 14th on wind lord mel'jarak 25 normal for all healers the first week HoF was out, so ranking isn't that much of a problem for me. But as you say, I guess it's down to preference.

Quote Originally Posted by emni View Post
    You REALLY shouldn't be tank healing, let the shamans and paladins take care of it (if you have those classes in the raid that is).
    Last edited by Slazky; 2012-12-04 at 04:29 PM. Reason: spelling

Flasked and buffed i am usually sitting around 11.5-12K and have absolutely no issues as Holy or Disc in a 10 man setting. I'll admit you can burn through mana a lot faster as Holy for massive AoE burst healing but if you play smart (use mana CDs efficiently) i never go oom.

Deleted
    You REALLY shouldn't be tank healing, let the shamans and paladins take care of it (if you have those classes in the raid that is).
    Resto druid unfortunately

Deleted
    ~9.5k unbuffed as holy and disc and stays like this during raids (cept for spirit procs) as im using int food/flask.
    Perhaps changing some gear around for disc buffing spirit up to nearly 10k unbuffed.

No HM's for me atm btw and no Mana issues.