Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    yeah, serpent spread is back again, just tried it un dummys (EU server)
    now enjoy the moment while it lasts ^^
    cant imagine this will stay, the AoE is just to strong now on many-add fights

Quote Originally Posted by Emete View Post
    It means ISS is fixed, but that they did nerf it a little, I think.

No, I think it means the nerf of ISS from 30% to 15% (to keep it even with the 100% damage increase on SrS in general) was actually pushed lower than 15% and resulting in lower ISS numbers than intended. The "fix" was to push it back to 15%, which was their stated intent in the hotfix. The 15% "nerf" is, in reality, not a nerf, it just keeps ISS damage the same (100k SrS * .3 = 30k ISS, 200k SrS * .15 = 30k ISS).

I wish it had been in last night, but we killed H-Will anyways without it. Looking forward to it this coming week on H-Wind Lord.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    No, I think it means the nerf of ISS from 30% to 15% (to keep it even with the 100% damage increase on SrS in general) was actually pushed lower than 15% and resulting in lower ISS numbers than intended. The "fix" was to push it back to 15%, which was their stated intent in the hotfix. The 15% "nerf" is, in reality, not a nerf, it just keeps ISS damage the same (100k SrS * .3 = 30k ISS, 200k SrS * .15 = 30k ISS).

I wish it had been in last night, but we killed H-Will anyways without it. Looking forward to it this coming week on H-Wind Lord.
    Yay! I will have it for today's H will attempt.

Doing LFR wind lord for the lols. Will post logs.

It appears that people don't know the fight and I couldn't get a kill =(
    Last edited by Tehstool; 2012-12-04 at 01:05 AM.

Indeed what GC is referring to is they were aware of the ISS bug and have now increased it to a level they initially intended.

Nice to see it fixed. Now it should do the correct damage then. Would be lovely if someone could post some damage on dummies/wind lord and what not.

Quote Originally Posted by Rullis View Post
    Nice to see it fixed. Now it should do the correct damage then. Would be lovely if someone could post some damage on dummies/wind lord and what not.
    I already did

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Serpent sting buff really helped to score epic DPS on Will of the Emperor(25N) today.

Ranked #1 as SV with a difference of 13k to next. SrS was 34% of total damage done :P

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-2p...=12435&e=12918

I already did
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/a...?s=7515&e=8125

Our H will kill... Hunters still are terrible that fight XD #26 SV hunter and I still did very bad that fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post

Our H will kill... Hunters still are terrible that fight XD #26 SV hunter and I still did very bad that fight.
    I just spammed Multi shot against 2 targets to DoT them up and kept SrS on both bosses all the time ..

This is of course easier on 25m since you have more adds to DoT up anyway.

I just spammed Multi shot against 2 targets to DoT them up and kept SrS on both bosses all the time ..

This is of course easier on 25m since you have more adds to DoT up anyway.
    Yeah, I was basically on full add control so there was really nothing else I could do.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account

I imagine as BM I would do roughly 90K on Heroic Will 10-man with the latest buffs (I just leave my pet on Qin-Xi whenever he spawns). Obviously much worse than the 110K the other DPS do, but I also hold Readiness so I can pop two sets of sparks in a row at the beginning. I already did 75K as BM before the Serpent Sting buff and without any multidotting at all.
    Last edited by kidsafe; 2012-12-04 at 06:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kidsafe View Post
    I imagine as SV or BM I would do roughly 90K on Heroic Will 10-man with the latest buffs. Obviously much worse than the 110K the other DPS do, but I also hold Readiness so I can pop two sets of sparks in a row at the beginning. I already did 75K as BM before the Serpent Sting buff without any multidotting at all...
    Good for you man. It was our first kill. Sure if I wanted to pad the meters and not waste 2 GCDs every rage spawn then and ignore then altogether, yeah I'd probably pull more dps, but with the comp we used my guild needs me to slow them and I have to stay in the general area or else I'm out of range to trap so I had some downtime.

10+ Year Old Account
    Will of the Emp is the only fight where I really feel uncomfortable, DPS-wise. Something about constant target swapping and multi-dotting just doesn't flow well with me. I only managed 82k on our kill tonight.

Did score #3 parse on Elegon 25N and #5 on Spirit Kings 25N (yea, I know, Normal Modes...).

I was actually pretty pleased with all of our Hunters performances throughout the night. We were at least competitive on every encounter in MSV.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Good for you man. It was our first kill. Sure if I wanted to pad the meters and not waste 2 GCDs every rage spawn then and ignore then altogether, yeah I'd probably pull more dps, but with the comp we used my guild needs me to slow them and I have to stay in the general area or else I'm out of range to trap so I had some downtime.
    Practically all hunters do a boatload of utility on the fight....Ice Trap and Binding Shot are standard, popping Sparks is expected unless you have a rogue. I only ever DPS Strengths when the Rages aren't present. The secret is to leave your pet on one of the emps and to CoS Titan Sparks between waves of rages to cap your focus. Also remember that melee damage is buffed 50%, so it's quite beneficial to be BM on the fight if Rage DPS isn't falling behind. Frankly I'm shocked that people choose SV over BM for that encounter. I'd only go SV if we employed a strat that killed multiple waves of Rages at once.

A Murder of Crows is also suboptimal because of its 40 yard range and duration. If you stick your pet on the emps, then Lynx Rush is by far the best because you can cast it at 100 yards range...you'll be free to position yourself however you like for Rage duty. If you have your pet running around killing Rages, Strengths and maybe even Courages, then Blink Strike is actually not bad.
    Last edited by kidsafe; 2012-12-04 at 06:52 AM.

I use slow traps and pop ~16 sparks in a 9m kill, so I'm doing quite a bit of utility. The secret is to leave your pet on one of the emps and to CoS up to full on Titan Sparks between waves of rages. Remember that melee damage is buffed 50%, so it's quite beneficial to be BM on the fight if Rage DPS isn't falling behind.
    My pet was on the boss the entire time. If you can do 90k then that's great.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/...rvival_Hunter/
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/...astery_Hunter/

Show these guys how to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Rullis View Post
    I would've had a wind lord parse if I had any luck in LFR.
    Last edited by Tehstool; 2012-12-04 at 07:01 AM.

I use slow traps and pop ~16 sparks in a 9m kill, so I'm doing quite a bit of utility. I only ever DPS Strengths when the Rages aren't present. The secret is to leave your pet on one of the emps and to CoS Titan Sparks between waves of rages to cap your focus. Also remember that melee damage is buffed 50%, so it's quite beneficial to be BM on the fight if Rage DPS isn't falling behind. Frankly I'm surprised more people elect to play SV on that encounter.
    People play SV because there is so much movement for pet along with all the adds you can multi-dot. Also you don't have the Titan Gas up 100% of the time on Normal mode, it's only for a brief ~15 sec every few mins. On Heroic it's down all the time :/

Also:

It's the same for 25H, SV clearly beats BM

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account

Look at the kill dates. I'm fairly certain I'll beat the current top SV mark as BM upon reset. Exxlol's SV parse is very good, but he is an Orc with better gear and he also did only 5 pairs of Titan Sparks. As always players get the notion that a fight is better as one spec or another and the scale tips in one direction. The sample size also causes those numbers to skew as more often than not the 'bad' hunters are the ones that didn't get the community wide memo. Only 4 of the top 25 BM parses are post-hotfix while SV has 11 out of 25...

---------- Post added 2012-12-04 at 07:07 AM ----------

It's the same for 25H, SV clearly beats BM
    SV is the obvious choice for 25H because there are 4 rages at a time and in some strategies they will AoE 8 down at once.
    Last edited by kidsafe; 2012-12-04 at 07:11 AM.

Look at the kill dates. I'm fairly certain I'll beat the current top SV mark as BM upon reset. Exxlol's SV parse is very good, but he is an Orc with better gear and he also did only 5 pairs of Titan Sparks. As always players get the notion that a fight is better as one spec or another and the scale tips in one direction. The sample size also causes those numbers to skew as more often than not the 'bad' hunters are the ones that didn't get the community wide memo. Only 4 of the top 25 BM parses are post-hotfix while SV has 11 out of 25...

---------- Post added 2012-12-04 at 07:07 AM ----------

SV is the obvious choice for 25H because there are 4 rages at a time and in some strategies they will AoE 8 down at once.
    Well then good for you.

Practically all hunters do a boatload of utility on the fight....Ice Trap and Binding Shot are standard, popping Sparks is expected unless you have a rogue. I only ever DPS Strengths when the Rages aren't present. The secret is to leave your pet on one of the emps and to CoS Titan Sparks between waves of rages to cap your focus. Also remember that melee damage is buffed 50%, so it's quite beneficial to be BM on the fight if Rage DPS isn't falling behind. Frankly I'm shocked that people choose SV over BM for that encounter. I'd only go SV if we employed a strat that killed multiple waves of Rages at once.

A Murder of Crows is also suboptimal because of its 40 yard range and duration. If you stick your pet on the emps, then Lynx Rush is by far the best because you can cast it at 100 yards range...you'll be free to position yourself however you like for Rage duty. If you have your pet running around killing Rages, Strengths and maybe even Courages, then Blink Strike is actually not bad.
    As with so many other fights, Titan gas does not affect our pets (other examples would be the buff on protectors). A Murder of Crows is on a 2 min CD, and you can dot both bosses with it for some straight up HUGE damage. It also seems like on your BM parse rank 2, you got off 37 Lynx Rush ticks in a 9 minute fight - that's 4.1 lynx rushes. Which is obviously far less than you're supposed to. The timeframe alone allows for 6 rushes, along with the reset from readiness twice, making it 8 - you should be having 72 ticks over the fight.

I'm not saying you did bad, as obviously, you beat almost everyone in your weight class, but you can optimise *alot*. And just because one choise seems better to you, does not make it true - AMOC is the stronger choise from a pure DPS-PoV, and as you have TWO long living targets you can do with it, it becomes even stronger (not to mention the 1 min CD might actually come to use on this fight due to their massive healthpools and the need to keep up with adds).

With 15 second disengages, positioning really shouldn't be an issue.