Thread: Naxx 25 solo

Naxx 25 solo

The bosses in 10 man just melted, do you guys think I'd be able to solo 25 man?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...stool/advanced

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Doubt it. Unless you're a DK.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Some bosses yes. Some bosses no. It's doable for many classes like warrior and dk but since you're a hunter, your self heals aren't as good.

Patchwerk no. Gluth no. You might find 4 horseman difficult. Most of the rest might be doable.
    Last edited by Screwtape; 2012-12-04 at 07:42 AM.
    Your comments are duly noted and ignored.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on your self healing, I'd say. I blew through 10 man with no problem on my Demo Warlock, but 25 hit just a little too hard too fast. Granted, I'm in mostly Heroic blues, at best. I know your pets can tank just fine, and there's not much mechanically that's challenging to solo - with decent self heals.

The only thing to watch for is Kel'Thuzad. I think on 25 man he can still Ice Tomb/Block the target with the highest threat, and that would make him damn near impossible as far as I'm aware for us lowly non-hybrids/Blood DKs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwtape View Post
    Some bosses yes. Some bosses no. At least for warriors.

Patchwerk no. Gluth no. Most of the rest yes.
    Well, I want a cloak for transmog in there, would I be able to kill

Gothik the Harvester
    Heigan the Unclean
    Grobbulus
    Kel'Thuzad

on 25 man as a hunter?

Quote Originally Posted by hksin11186 View Post
    Depends on your self healing, I'd say. I blew through 10 man with no problem on my Demo Warlock, but 25 hit just a little too hard too fast. Granted, I'm in mostly Heroic blues, at best. I know your pets can tank just fine, and there's not much mechanically that's challenging to solo - with decent self heals.

The only thing to watch for is Kel'Thuzad. I think on 25 man he can still Ice Tomb/Block the target with the highest threat, and that would make him damn near impossible as far as I'm aware for us lowly non-hybrids/Blood DKs.
    Ah I see, I'll have to play around with it whenever I try to solo it next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwtape View Post
    Some bosses yes. Some bosses no. It's doable for many classes like warrior and dk but since you're a hunter, your self heals aren't as good.

Patchwerk no. Gluth no. You might find 4 horseman difficult. Most of the rest might be doable.
    I imagine Maexxna would pe fairly difficult on 25 man also, considering that my boomkin barely managed her on 10, especially if she webs you immediately after she goes into enrage mode at low health. She can put out quite a lot of hurt.

Gluth would be a pure dps race. It would be entirely up to you being able to kill him (and out dps him eating zombiechow) before his stacking health debuff made it impossible to self heal.

Deleted
    Gothik is a joke AOE down adds when the gate open kill him collectz lootz.
    Heigan 25 was soloable since 80 so no doubt you will kill it.
    Grobbulus is a joke aswell kill add when spawn and that is.
    KT is probably impossible because you will get frozen.
    The only way to do it is wthout pet which is a bit hard but after the guardians nerf there I doubt it will be a problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post

Gothik the Harvester
    Heigan the Unclean
    Grobbulus
    Kel'Thuzad

on 25 man as a hunter?
    Gothik shouldn't be a problem now that you have no deadzone. I put my pet on the dead side and I stayed on live. Probably could have gone without that though, but it's how I remember doing it in Wrath.

Heigan should be cake since most hunter abilities don't have cast times anyway. His debuff is meaningless for you.

Grobbulus takes a little moving around, nothing problematic. Drop traps, kill adds, receive loot.

And I already mentioned Kelly

Ah I see, I'll have to play around with it whenever I try to solo it next week.
    The mini bosses before Thaddius were a little awkward, too. I just pulled them to one platform, got them low, and burned them. But, again, my self heals are pretty awesome.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    I imagine Maexxna would pe fairly difficult on 25 man also, considering that my boomkin barely managed her on 10, especially if she webs you immediately after she goes into enrage mode at low health. She can put out quite a lot of hurt.

Gluth would be a pure dps race. It would be entirely up to you being able to kill him (and out dps him eating zombiechow) before his stacking health debuff made it impossible to self heal.
    On 10 man Maexxna has about 2.5m HP. I can literally do that in a few seconds as a BM hunter. On 25 man they have 7.6M so idk about that. The item I want can drop off of them in 10 man anyway so I think I'm good in that regard.

Gothik shouldn't be a problem now that you have no deadzone. I put my pet on the dead side and I stayed on live. Probably could have gone without that though, but it's how I remember doing it in Wrath.

Heigan should be cake since most hunter abilities don't have cast times anyway. His debuff is meaningless for you.

Grobbulus takes a little moving around, nothing problematic. Drop traps, kill adds, receive loot.

And I already mentioned Kelly

The mini bosses before Thaddius were a little awkward, too. I just pulled them to one platform, got them low, and burned them. But, again, my self heals are pretty awesome.
    K thanks for your responses guys! I'll try naxx after I do LFR tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post

Gothik the Harvester
    Heigan the Unclean
    Grobbulus
    Kel'Thuzad

on 25 man as a hunter?
    Grobbulus should be totally doable as a hunter, being that the entire fight would simply involve you slowly walking backwards around the room dpsing him. Or i guess as a hunter you just pet tank it, and blow him up like crazy, wouldnt even have to move. (getting past Patchwerk to grob might be tough if your pet can't handle the damage).

Heigan is the DDR guy? Should be pretty easy also, pet dps him, while you DDR popping instant casts into him, he should drop like a rock.

Gothik would prob be entirely dependant on your ability to kill the adds, but probably doable (if you can get to the undead side and start the fight from there, do the live side adds cross the door? would make it much easier i think, then trying to AOE down the entire dead side after the doors open).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post

A little pet management makes the Spider lady easy. Any pet should one shot the webbing and Mend Pet is pretty awesome and healing.

I kept Gluth dotted and kited the skellies around back while my pet tanked him in the usual spot. Harvest Life is truly OP as shit for old soloing.

A little pet management makes the Spider lady easy. Any pet should one shot the webbing and Mend Pet is pretty awesome and healing.

I kept Gluth dotted and kited the skellies around back while my pet tanked him in the usual spot. Harvest Life is truly OP as shit for old soloing.
    yeah, if you are a Hunter or Lock, you have a HUGE advantage on many of these fights. Having a pet to tank gluth would make the fight trivial, especially if you can kite the zombies while killing the boss.