Page 18 of 70 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Alviarin View Post
    With this change, I guess it's time to double enchant Dancing Steel again.
    This is, in fact, already live on EU servers, as I'm getting double Dancing Steel.

Hmm i wonder if any of you awesome ppl have some good Weak aura for WW? that i could get

Deleted
    After a night of testing on the pole, it seems like reforging all out to crit is better dps than going for the 6k haste.

In my gear, Simcraft gives a theoretical number of 67k dps in my almost full normal raid gear with only self buffs. With the haste build I can do exactly 67k. With going full out to crit and dropping haste to about 2,6k I can consistently pull around 70k.

The crit build feels leaps and bounds shittier to play because of the higher waiting on energy, but it seems to pull ahead.

(I would post a bunch of wol logs to demonstrate if I could)

Has there been any update as to which stat pulls ahead at this time?

---------- Post added 2012-12-01 at 01:04 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tatuin View Post
    Hmm i wonder if any of you awesome ppl have some good Weak aura for WW? that i could get
    I've got a Tellmewhen icon to show me optimal times to use Tigereye Brew stacks so that I always stack them on top of other procs, like the one from relic and bottle and the weapon procs. Afaik, it's all the same if you use your brew stacks individually or in bunches of 5 or 10. It really depends if you need the burst for something.

Does that sound like something you could use?
    Last edited by mmoc5bcd447142; 2012-12-01 at 12:59 AM.

Solid guide, thanks bro. Definitely gonna help me hit 90 on my monk ^.^

Deleted
    I recently rolled from Brew to Windwalker and i wonder, would replaceing Netherrealm shoulders 489 and bonebreaker gauntlets 496 to lfr shoulders and hands 483 be worth the stat loss to gain the 2p? Dont think i can link armory since i recently switched realms.

Deleted
    Went with a crit-heavy build yesterday in HoF/MV hc, tried to use FoF (with 2piece bonus) as much as possible, and with good results: http://worldoflogs.com/rankings/play...ndwalker_Monk/

6.5k crit rating, 5k haste rating

FoF used 22x, for 11.5% of my total damage.
    Last edited by mmoc2e7b040398; 2012-12-03 at 09:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihir View Post
    Went with a crit-heavy build yesterday in HoF/MV hc, tried to use FoF (with 2piece bonus) as much as possible, and with good results: http://worldoflogs.com/rankings/play...ndwalker_Monk/

I'm doing the same thing this week, managed to get several ranks between 1-15 (check for Photëk http://worldoflogs.com/guilds/22947/rankings/players/) but the main reason could be FoF fix, Ascension and upgraded weapon/trinket, not just crit>haste.

Still there are times I feel like I lack some energy regen, mostly in between Ebrew and FoF on CD but I think I will continue with crit>haste at least this way I actually get to use Ebrew and I don't feel like playing Track & Field while lusted.

Deleted
    Quick question. Do we still use Tiger Palm when it procs ? or are we using them only to reapply the buff ?

Quote Originally Posted by pkcross View Post
    Quick question. Do we still use Tiger Palm when it procs ? or are we using them only to reapply the buff ?
    Only if low on chi and energy (you won't cap on energy by the next GCD and you don't have enough Chi for a higher damage spell like RSK, although if RSK is off cooldown and you have enough energy to Jab, you should probably just Jab + RSK). Well, I hope you get my point

Mihir, were you still using FoF with the condition that it does not cap your energy? I tested yesterday with using FoF off CD (when applicable) and only ever delaying it when RSK came off CD at almost the exact same time. The results were fairly strong for me, though I didn't test how it performed vs not capping energy/delaying RSK as yet.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=14585&e=14973 Is probably the best example I have of it last nightm this is with a 'crit' heavy build but my gear isn't optimized very well (at the time of raid 5350 crit vs 4000 haste vs ~1900 mastery)
    Last edited by mmoc2e7b040398; 2012-12-03 at 06:27 PM.

I've done pretty much the same as you; on 3/6 MGV heroic this week I went with a crit heavy reforge, albeit still with agi/haste gems. I'll swap fully to crit before the next reset. It's worked out really well for me despite my weapon disadvantage:

http://worldoflogs.com/rankings/play...ndwalker_Monk/ (Rank 11)
    Here's my Armory, just don't look at my current reforges since I'm using a bit different gear for tanking Amber-Shaper: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Lissa/advanced
    Want to buy some 1h'ers.
    Last edited by Lissa; 2012-12-03 at 05:25 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dahmonk View Post
    Mihir, were you still using FoF with the condition that it does not cap your energy? I tested yesterday with using FoF off CD (when applicable) and only ever delaying it when RSK came off CD at almost the exact same time. The results were fairly strong for me, though I didn't test how it performed vs not capping energy/delaying RSK as yet.

/reports/rt-zk3gzgcdkos5rb63/sum/damageDone/?s=14585&e=14973 (this is a world of logs link but the forum isn't allowing me to put in a url as yet) Is probably the best example I have of it last nightm this is with a 'crit' heavy build but my gear isn't optimized very well (at the time of raid 5350 crit vs 4000 haste vs ~1900 mastery)
    Yep I was. The only thing i really changed compared to the simcraft actionlist is to allow RSK to be delayed up to 1.5sec by FoF.

Through some kind of crazy voodoo magic I've managed to get the funds for a Relic of Xuen. My current trinkets are Flashing Steel Talisman and Searing Words. After setting the weights in Mr.Robot it swears that FST is better than SW and both are better than almost every LFR trinket.

Should I keep FST and keep working it into my rotation (matching it when Xuen/Tigereye Brew) or would it be better to stick to SW? (Also, whichever one I replace, is there truly not an LFR or valor trinket I could replace it with later on?)
    Last edited by TheWindWalker; 2012-12-04 at 01:32 AM. Reason: initialized part
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Deleted
    Any version of the Bottle of Infinite Stars is going to be better than the blue trinkets. Terror in the Mists is decent, but the bottle definitely pulls ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Avalya View Post
    Any version of the Bottle of Infinite Stars is going to be better than the blue trinkets. Terror in the Mists is decent, but the bottle definitely pulls ahead.
    Why would I take a static mastery trinket with proccing Agility over a static Crit trinket with proccing Agility? That's backwards from the stat weights.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]

Deleted
    BoIS has around 40-45% uptime on its proc, while the blue trinkets only have like 20% uptime. Secondary stats don't really matter when the proc is just so much better. (and mastery is hardly worthless to us)
    Last edited by mmoc2e7b040398; 2012-12-04 at 03:03 PM.

BoIS has around 40-45% uptime on it's proc, while the blue trinkets only have like 20% uptime.
    I didn't realize the uptime was that significantly different. Good god that's a beautiful trinket all of a sudden.
    [What's half of minor?]

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    I didn't realize the uptime was that significantly different. Good god that's a beautiful trinket all of a sudden.
    I don't have my tab of the elitist jerks trinket list on this computer, otherwise I'd link it. It's basically HC Bottle > HC Terror > N Bottle > Xuen ~ N Terror > Agi Rep trinket from the 5.1 faction > LFR Bottle > LFR Terror.

Edit: Added the rep trinket. Regarding 463 trinkets it's (Alchemist's Stone) > Searing Words > Windswept Pages > Flashing Steel Talisman > (Brewfest trinket).
    Last edited by mmoc14827eacb9; 2012-12-04 at 03:19 PM.

Deleted
    It seems there's a bug with the logging of procs from upgraded trinkets so recent logs don't show it, but from a 5.0 log:

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-2l...tab-auras-cast
    44.3% uptime on Full of Stars
    compared to 25.6% on Relic of Xuen's proc.

edit: seems the proc is called Agile now, used to be Full of Stars in 5.0
    Last edited by mmoc2e7b040398; 2012-12-04 at 03:08 PM.