Hi guys,

I am a pally trying to figure this out for the spell Execution Sentence. As you know it can be cast on enemies as a DOT or friends as a HOT.

Goal: Make it cast on my mouseover friendly target > Cast on my mouseover enemy target > Cast on my selected target > Cast on myself.

Reason is that if I'm DPSing a enemy down, but want to pop a quick heal on my buddy, I mouseover him and hit the macro to heal him. Without dropping my selected target. Got this so far but I am afraid I've overcomplicated it.

#showtooltip Execution Sentence
    /cast [@mouseover,harm,exists][@mouseover,help,exists][harm][help][@player] Execution Sentence

========================================

Second macro is for use in the MSV boss. I'm tanking and put in charge of the Shroud of Reversal buff.

Using this to help absorb fists of justice but it doesn't seem to work!

/tar [@targettarget, exists] ; OtherTanksName
    /Click ExtraActionButton1
    /targetlasttarget

Can anyone check if my macro's working right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Minaa View Post
    this macro was one of the most good macro for me

/cast Crusader strike
    /cast Fist of Justice
    /cast Holy Prism

now after 5.1 didn't work it just cast Crusader strike or Holy Prism if i put it like that

/cast Holy Prism
    /cast Crusader strike
    /cast Fist of Justice

why i cant use it like before cast every thing
    Is one of these on the GCD?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Booniehat View Post
    #showtooltip Execution Sentence
    /cast [@mouseover,harm,exists][@mouseover,help,exists][harm][help][@player] Execution Sentence
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover,harm][@mouseover,help][exists][@player] Execution Sentence
    This would be what you wrote, but de-complicated.
    I would suggest a change though, namely replace [exists][@player]with a simple []. That way, it will cast on your normal target if no mouseover exists, and you can cast it on yourself with alt held down. The reason for the change is that now you can force-cast it on yourself with alt, whereas you would have needed to deselect your target with the original macro, in order to cast on yourself.
    Also, I suggest a "nodead" in the mouseover conditionals, hotting a dead friend is resulting in a "target is dead" error anyway; also, usually, "exists" is implied by "help"/"harm". (Also, #showtooltip usually works fine without anything).
    Resulting in
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover,harm,nodead][@mouseover,help,nodead][] Execution Sentence
    EDIT :
    Which consequently can be reduced to
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover,exists,nodead][] Execution Sentence
    Last edited by mmocdd8e41448a; 2012-12-04 at 09:35 AM.

Second macro is for use in the MSV boss. I'm tanking and put in charge of the Shroud of Reversal buff.

Using this to help absorb fists of justice but it doesn't seem to work!

/tar [@targettarget, exists] ; OtherTanksName
    /targetlasttarget

Can anyone check if my macro's working right?
    If you're able to use the focus frame on your other tank, that is something I find to be very helpful for keeping an eye on all sorts of tank swap debuffs, and allows me to always have macros to "target the other tank", no matter the name of the other tank.

This is what I use for Feng (the mouseover is so I can easily grab a debuff from another raid member, like Arcane Resonance):
    Code:
    /target [@mouseover,help][@focus]
    /click ExtraActionButton1
    /targetlastenemy
    Yours might work better like this:
    Code:
    /tar [@targettarget, exists][@OtherTanksName]
     /targetlastenemy
    One last thing, and I'm only mentioning this out of completeness. Shroud of Reversal is a channel, and is interrupted by movement and most likely using other abilities, so once you click this macro, you have to stand still and not do anything until the channel grabs the Fist.

Deleted
    Hello! First of all i wanna say im using an Razer naga with the 1-12 extra buttons.

Im using button 10-12 on the naga for arena targets ( /target arena1-3 ), is it possible to get like an modifier when i press ctrl it focus them ( /focustarget arena 1-3 )?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by timpangoeselite View Post
    Hello! First of all i wanna say im using an Razer naga with the 1-12 extra buttons.

Im using button 10-12 on the naga for arena targets ( /target arena1-3 ), is it possible to get like an modifier when i press ctrl it focus them ( /focustarget arena 1-3 )?

Thanks.
    Code:
    /target [nomod] arena1
    /focus [mod:ctrl, @arena1]
    I've heard of an issue with modifiers and the razar naga, but can't remember it ;(, otherwise it should work

Quote Originally Posted by sshika View Post
    I've heard of an issue with modifiers and the razar naga, but can't remember it ;(, otherwise it should work
    Shift doesn't play well with num keys. Alt and ctrl are fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaltione View Post
    If you're able to use the focus frame on your other tank, that is something I find to be very helpful for keeping an eye on all sorts of tank swap debuffs, and allows me to always have macros to "target the other tank", no matter the name of the other tank.

This is what I use for Feng (the mouseover is so I can easily grab a debuff from another raid member, like Arcane Resonance):
    Code:
    /target [@mouseover,help][@focus]
    /click ExtraActionButton1
    /targetlastenemy
    Yours might work better like this:
    Code:
    /tar [@targettarget, exists][@OtherTanksName]
     /targetlastenemy
    One last thing, and I'm only mentioning this out of completeness. Shroud of Reversal is a channel, and is interrupted by movement and most likely using other abilities, so once you click this macro, you have to stand still and not do anything until the channel grabs the Fist.
    Very much appreciated!

---------- Post added 2012-12-05 at 12:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tearor View Post
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover,harm][@mouseover,help][exists][@player] Execution Sentence
    This would be what you wrote, but de-complicated.
    I would suggest a change though, namely replace [exists][@player]with a simple []. That way, it will cast on your normal target if no mouseover exists, and you can cast it on yourself with alt held down. The reason for the change is that now you can force-cast it on yourself with alt, whereas you would have needed to deselect your target with the original macro, in order to cast on yourself.
    Also, I suggest a "nodead" in the mouseover conditionals, hotting a dead friend is resulting in a "target is dead" error anyway; also, usually, "exists" is implied by "help"/"harm". (Also, #showtooltip usually works fine without anything).
    Resulting in
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover,harm,nodead][@mouseover,help,nodead][] Execution Sentence
    EDIT :
    Which consequently can be reduced to
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover,exists,nodead][] Execution Sentence
    Thanks very much for this. Can I ask, what are the [harm] and [help] conditions for then? It seems to me like you could get by without every using those. Or is it so if you macro [help] with execution sentence, you'd never be able to cast it on an enemy, only to HOT a friend?

Deleted
    Very much appreciated![COLOR="red"]

Thanks very much for this. Can I ask, what are the [harm] and [help] conditions for then? It seems to me like you could get by without every using those. Or is it so if you macro [help] with execution sentence, you'd never be able to cast it on an enemy, only to HOT a friend?
    You're exactly right. If, say, you wanted the mouseover part to only work for friends, you'd use "help". Let's say on my druid, I have my healing spells macroed with /cast [@mouseover,help,nodead][].
    "Exists" works in this case because Exec Sent can be cast on friend or foe.

Hey guys,

I was wondering if any of you know a way that I can use a macro to announce an ability use, but, if on CD will not do/announce anything.

For example:

#showtooltip Barkskin
    /cast Barkskin
    /ra <- Barkskin Used - 20% red dmg for 12secs ->

The problem is that it (ofc) announces it to /ra even if the macro is clicked and the ability was on CD. Is there any way around that? Cheers for the help!

Nav

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Navoan View Post
    Hey guys,

I was wondering if any of you know a way that I can use a macro to announce an ability use, but, if on CD will not do/announce anything.

For example:

#showtooltip Barkskin
    /cast Barkskin
    /ra <- Barkskin Used - 20% red dmg for 12secs ->

The problem is that it (ofc) announces it to /ra even if the macro is clicked and the ability was on CD. Is there any way around that? Cheers for the help!

Nav
    For this purpose, it's better to get an addon (Raeli's spell announcer for example).
    A macro can't easily detect cooldowns.

Quote Originally Posted by Tearor View Post
    You're exactly right. If, say, you wanted the mouseover part to only work for friends, you'd use "help". Let's say on my druid, I have my healing spells macroed with /cast [@mouseover,help,nodead][].
    "Exists" works in this case because Exec Sent can be cast on friend or foe.
    I've actually tried it and have 2 problems

1. Holding down ALT does not cast it on myself. I'm not sure why. In my options, I've checked that ALT is set to self-cast and the "enable auto self cast" option below that is checked. But its still not casting on myself. This is the most pressing problem.

2. It doesn't seem to prioritize a mouseover > selected target. For example, I'm chopping down an enemy. I hover my mouse over my buddy, and hit the macro, but it casts it on my enemy instead.

Could I get a diagnosis on whats wrong? Thanks ))

Deleted
    Hey guys. I need a macro for rbgs. So, I need a macro to target my targetcaller's target. But I don't want to use assist macros. I would like the macro to work like this: Let's suppose that my target caller's name is Noob, so I want to click on the macro, and I will get noob's target. The macro can't also be used with focus targt. Can you guys please help me out? Thanks. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Suneca View Post
    Hey guys. I need a macro for rbgs. So, I need a macro to target my targetcaller's target. But I don't want to use assist macros. I would like the macro to work like this: Let's suppose that my target caller's name is Noob, so I want to click on the macro, and I will get noob's target. The macro can't also be used with focus targt. Can you guys please help me out? Thanks. =)
    I'm fairly certain you can use this:
    Code:
    /target [@Noob-target]

I have no idea if this is possible but if it is, I would love a macro that did the following.
    1. Looked at my bags to see how much I had of certian items.
    2. preformed some basic math with those numbers
    3. told me the result in chat. (say is perfectly fine)

The math I want to do is (Number of Starlight Inks in bags)+(Number of Misty Pigment/2)+(number of ink of dreams/10)+(number of shadow pigment/20)

my scribe just hit 90 and he's been stockpiling scrolls so being able to see when I can make a new card with a quick button push would be nice. It's a quality of life macro for me, nothing I can't do on my own, would just be nice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaltione View Post
    I'm fairly certain you can use this:
    Code:
    /target [@Noob-target]
    Thank you so much! =)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Miatog View Post
    I have no idea if this is possible but if it is, I would love a macro that did the following.
    1. Looked at my bags to see how much I had of certian items.
    2. preformed some basic math with those numbers
    3. told me the result in chat. (say is perfectly fine)

The math I want to do is (Number of Starlight Inks in bags)+(Number of Misty Pigment/2)+(number of ink of dreams/10)+(number of shadow pigment/20)

my scribe just hit 90 and he's been stockpiling scrolls so being able to see when I can make a new card with a quick button push would be nice. It's a quality of life macro for me, nothing I can't do on my own, would just be nice.
    Code:
    /run local c=GetItemCount print(c(79255)+c(79253)/2+c(111645)/10+c(79251)/20)

Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    Code:
    /run local c=GetItemCount print(c(79255)+c(79253)/2+c(111645)/10+c(79251)/20)
    Awesome! Works like a charm thanks so much ^_^

Deleted
    I've actually tried it and have 2 problems

1. Holding down ALT does not cast it on myself. I'm not sure why. In my options, I've checked that ALT is set to self-cast and the "enable auto self cast" option below that is checked. But its still not casting on myself. This is the most pressing problem.

2. It doesn't seem to prioritize a mouseover > selected target. For example, I'm chopping down an enemy. I hover my mouse over my buddy, and hit the macro, but it casts it on my enemy instead.

Could I get a diagnosis on whats wrong? Thanks ))
    1. No idea, if you're sure ALT+that keybind isn't bound anywhere.
    If you have a helpful mouseover, it'd still have priority over yourself even if you press alt. To change that, put a nomod or nomod:alt into that @mouseover bracket.

2. It should though, if the mouseover is a "green" target. Check for spelling errors maybe.
    So that essentially means that the mouseover part is not working?

So.. I recently started playing my Shaman again, and have now come to realise that I'd like to be able to recall specific totems, since it seems we can do that, now. Is there a way to cancel/recall only my water totem via a macro, but not any other totems?