Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Garalon took our lunch money 10m N HALP!

Garalon 10 Normal

Our Raid Comp-Main Specs are listed first.
    Brewmaster/Windwalker Monk (me)
    Prot/Arms Warrior
    Holy Paladin
    Disc/Shadow Priest
    Resto/Ele Shaman
    Feral Druid
    Shadow Priest
    Aff Lock
    BM Hunter
    Fire Mage

The logs show I think 29 wipes? But we are actually closer to 50, I have just recently started to record logs.

We have a few wipes under 20% but mostly we just have consistent screw ups at the start with our disc priest dying to crush.

When we get around 30% it seems that everyone is just never fully topped off due to the constant pheromones damage. Crush has a habit of killing our priest.

I probably also should have added, Pheromones are being passed via Hunter > Disc Priest > Shadow Priest > Warlock.

Yes, we have a World of Logs, it is US-Magtheridon, Lebron James ofthe Horde is the guild name. Unfortunately, I cannot post links yet, it'd be great if someone could post them in the first of second reply.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time!
    Last edited by AnotheHuntard; 2012-12-04 at 07:10 AM.

Deleted
    We ran this fight with me (Prot Pally as Healing "stance")
    Blood DK (Frost OS)
    Holy Pally
    Boomkin
    SP (Disc OS)
    Mistweaver Monk
    Frost DK
    Ret Pally
    BM Hunter
    Elemental Shaman
    Fire Mage

We did that our SP went Disc, so we had 3 healers + me (healing as Prot Pally, healing Glyph and Eternal flame)

We had 4 kiters (me as prot pally first, then the 3 healers)
    The Blood DK that went offspecc Frost Specc was soaking with me when the healers were kiting. When i was kiting our second Frost DK went in soaking for not getting Fury.

Pop BL at start, nuke as much as possible and keep the fight balanced throughout the fight, having me doin like 20k dps but focusing on healing with the other 3 healers was perfectly. Downed him less then 15 tries.

Not much to say about this fight, focus on legs, have the healers kiting + 1 tank and its GG.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-qmoryrkg6ttr8an8/
    ^WoL

Looking through them atm. First fight I looked at is the berserk wipe, and it looks like a few DPS, particularly those who get to sit on the boss all fight, should be doing a bit more.

I'll post a log + video in from a Brewmaster using WW spec POV.

---------- Post added 2012-12-04 at 10:20 AM ----------

how many times i gotta post before i can post videos?.

Quote Originally Posted by Drdizzy View Post
    I'll post a log + video in from a Brewmaster using WW spec POV.

---------- Post added 2012-12-04 at 10:20 AM ----------

how many times i gotta post before i can post videos?.
    Just post your link with a few spaces, like this:

www youtube .com/asdasdasd

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do we always see posts from Lebron James of the horde looking for help? Fatboss has several youtube videos describing how to do these fights.

Anyways though hate to say it but your DPS is garbage they need to be pushing 100k. We have several players pushing 130k on that fight. To beat the enrage a rogue can also do the tanking part and your OT can go dps.

The damage you have to find a way to kite the debuff that your healers can keep up with.

this kill shows me as a WW monk kiting, a long with our other tank, + 1 heal 1 dps. its super easy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOSgWve1usU this is the video

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=6380&e=6792 this is our damage log, make sure you go over all damage done to garalon, you'll see i did a lot, and that's how you should do it with your raid. Never kill legs TOO FAST, you always want to cleave the leg on the boss
    Last edited by Drdizzy; 2012-12-04 at 10:58 AM.

Deleted
    We're trying on this boss aswell. We've got 3 ranged kiters and 3 healers, 2 DK tanks cuz the healers couldn't handle DPS spec on them, and we struggle alot with the DPS. Any hints how to make it? 2 melee pull around 90-100k and 3 kiters 60k-ish each overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathane View Post
    Why do we always see posts from Lebron James of the horde looking for help? Fatboss has several youtube videos describing how to do these fights.

Anyways though hate to say it but your DPS is garbage they need to be pushing 100k. We have several players pushing 130k on that fight. To beat the enrage a rogue can also do the tanking part and your OT can go dps.

The damage you have to find a way to kite the debuff that your healers can keep up with.
    I can't seem to find any other posts from our members asking for help. Are you sure you aren't mistaken?

Also we have tried doing healers kiting, me kiting as ww etc. It just never seems to work out as well as what we are doing currently. We are currently limited to only one melee also as our DK can't seem to ever make it online. If DPS is the only problem you see, I can't play their characters for them, only push them in the right direction but we aren't a hardcore guild by any means so I'm not going to remove someone for low dps numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Drdizzy View Post
    ^ check my post :P
    Yes I saw, we tried only around 3 attempts as me as WW spec taking swipes but he seemed to hit me a shit ton harder than he was hitting you for, strange. I guess we can try again when we get back in there. Can't hurt. Thanks for the video. Also, you guys were keeping both left legs up for the entire fight?

i had less gear, make sure you keep up mark of karma, and any healing spell you got, especially spam chi wave with a leg near you, only reason i dont go for the leg is so its up and i can sit near it for chi wave healing. You dont want to be Killing the legs, you want to be cleaving them down as you do damage to the boss, its more important to have people sit on the boss than to kill legs faster, its wasted dps. plus i had some really good healer, some from midwinter. Just make sure people understand you'll take more damage from swipes, and to top you up after each.

Deleted
    Do you have only one melee DPS? Their DPS normally is far superior to ranged on this fight when focusing the legs. We always have 2 sometimes 3 melee DPS on Garalon so we can deal with the legs fast enough. If you never have more than 1 leg up it is a pretty easy fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormreage View Post
    Do you have only one melee DPS? Their DPS normally is far superior to ranged on this fight when focusing the legs. We always have 2 sometimes 3 melee DPS on Garalon so we can deal with the legs fast enough. If you never have more than 1 leg up it is a pretty easy fight.
    Yes, sometimes we have a DK but he's not reliable.

Why do you have your disc priest kiting instead of the fire mage :O Get your mage to kite instead of the healer!! Might prevent him from dying all the time. make sure kiters call out like 3-4 sec before they swap so healers can top everyone up.

Why are your shadow priest and warlock kiting? They could be pulling way more DPS if you let them focus on that.

For my convinience, going to copy/paste your raid lineup:

Brewmaster/Windwalker Monk (me)
    Prot/Arms Warrior
    Holy Paladin
    Disc/Shadow Priest
    Resto/Ele Shaman
    Feral Druid
    Shadow Priest
    Aff Lock
    BM Hunter
    Fire Mage
    So here's who should be kiting:

BrM Monk - Hunter - Prot Warrior - Resto Shaman

Alternatively, if your Warrior goes Arms spec:

BrM Monk - Disc Priest - Hunter - Resto Shaman

In that order. Tanks are totally able to kite and soak furious swipes, it just takes a bit of getting used to the timings. This then frees up the healers and the DPS to do what they do best, in a fight that has heavy DPS requirements and a ton of raid damage.

However, if your Warrior goes DPS, then he should be on the boss full time to make full use of cleave effects (while still soaking furious swipes), and an extra healer should take the kiting duty away from him. Your choice, either option will work fine. Depends on your raid's strengths.

The Brewmaster Monk will need to stay Brewmaster, as our mitigation is tied directly into the spec (so if we're not tank spec we will die, fast); whereas for the Warrior he'll still have a ton of armor even when DPS, so can still soak furious swipes. Also Brewmaster Monks do a lot of DPS anyway, so hey.

For pheromone switches, have the 1st and 3rd people in the rotation be the ones to initiate the switch by moving to the other person. If you have two people trying to run to each other, client-server latency (which you can do nothing about) will make them run after each other, never reaching the other or doing multiple switches, which will lead to a wipe.

You'll note that I've placed the tanks as the 1st and 3rd, or a tank and a hunter as 1st and 3rd. Tanks because they can time the switches with furious swipes, and the hunter because the healers will be more focused on healing. Of course, the 2nd and 4th people should be standing nearby ready and waiting in a convenient spot.

That's everything about switching, I think. The rest is just finding the numbers and not making dumb mistakes.

We had them kiting simply for convenience but myself and my trusted confidant, our disc priest have been discussing this mess all night. We are going to try exactly what you said so I will get back to this post tonight, and let you fine gentleman and or ladies that helped us know how we did and if we get the kill or not.

Thanks all for the assistance.

Deleted
    Our last log from last reset.
    Enh shaman 97125.4
    Affl lock 92468.0
    SV hunter 79346.2
    Boomkin 71150.4
    Ele shaman 64185.8
    Arms war 58495.3
    Frost dk 49479.0

Disc priest 57135.1
    Mistweaver 56730.4
    Holy pala 50719.1

Link: h tt p: // ww w. worl dof logs . c om/reports/rt-m8q6tf2zqd09iuos/sum/damageDone/?s=13625&e=14041

The 3healers + hunter (me) are the kiters and we switch on 18stacks.
    The arms war and frost dk are actually our tanks but they switch to dps spec and soak the crushes.
    We start the fight by the arms war taking pheromones and then heroic leaping to the outside where the first soaker stands ready to take it. The rest of the raid nukes like crazy to get legs down asap. (you can make your priest leap of faith your monk to the outside or something)
    We hardly have anyone that cleaves so we put a lot of emphasis on getting legs down asap so that we can quickly switch back to the body which is the important target.

Most likely solutions for your raid:
    -Your dps has to improve. Since your dps was good enough for blade lord, you can find the biggest dps increase by letting your healers kite. They will hate you for suggesting it, they will fail kiting+healing for the first 5-10tries and afterwards they will see that dps has gotten them much closer to a kill. If your healers refuse to kite, tell them they have to 2heal the fight because that's your only other solution to find so much extra dps in short notice.
    -Have your kiters install rangedisplay. They'll never die from crush again and they'll always know if they need to kite faster or slower (slower by laying 2rows of puddles instead of 1).
    -Also always hero at the start of the fight so that you can get all legs down asap instead of waiting around. Hero has double the effect when you can use it at the start while standing in 4legs with double damage. And it also stacks with the prepot + all procs at the start which increases it's value even more.

We had enrage problems too the first night but 2nd night we forced our healers to kite. They whined and 90minutes later we had our first kill.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathane View Post

Yeah your DPS is pretty pro, especially considering the fact that you killed the boss 3 seconds after the enrage timer... even with 6 melee and 3 fire mages.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=9473&e=9897

Deleted
    1 Tank, 6 DPS, 3 Heal.

-Tank and a Healer (Holy Pally/Resto Shaman preferred due to being able to wear a shield) take the frontal cone
    -Anyone can kite, doesn't really matter, just swap the debuff at 10secs before a Crush
    -The healer who is soaking the cone just looks after themselves and the tank, can also drop a few heals elsewhere if desired
    -Assign another healer to look after the kiter, again can drop heals elsewhere if they like
    -Final healer stays in the middle and looks after the ranged, can drop heals on kiter/tanks if they come in range
    -Have a cooldown up for each Crush