Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Blizzard's New Blue Post Mantra: Nothing is guaranteed.

Has anyone noticed this besides myself? Blizzard mentions they want to do something. Its generally cool and interesting and something the majority of us want. We're titillated with whats coming in the PTR and beta test area. When implementation day comes though, its just not there. A recent comic by the Daily Blink summed it up pretty well. Like Charlie Brown wanting to kick the football, Lucy is there to yank it away at the last possible moment. I'd prefer them to keep their traps shut about possible content inclusion and changes if there's no solid intent to implement. No one likes a tease.
    I'm rolling a Blunt Elf... That's a high-elf that likes to party.

If they don't say it's not guaranteed then people expect that content or whatever to be implemented and thus when it isn't feels like they were lied too. It's basically a safe-guard to stupid people.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    If they don't say it's not guaranteed then people expect that content or whatever to be implemented and thus when it isn't feels like they were lied too. It's basically a safe-guard to stupid people.
    Pretty sure the stupid people will still expect it to come tomorrow even when they say 'not guaranteed'

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FlacidGladiator View Post
    if there's no solid intent to implement.
    You might be mistaking the lack of results due to unforeseen circumstances for "no solid intent". WoW is a huge game with many components worked on by hundreds of people, if shit can go wrong some of it probably will.

If they don't say anything, then people start to complain Blizzard doesn't "communicate" enough.

You must be new to reading any news from any developer/designer. They never guarantee anything. Unless you are Peter Molyneux in which case you guarantee everything and deliver nothing.

Ask John Romero how it worked out the last time he guaranteed to make the best game ever and that he was going to "make you his bitch".

No gaming company makes guarantees, for very good reasons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Because the community is illiterate and unless they make it perfectly clear they cannot guarantee something, they think it is.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Deleted
    Its called Beta because they test stuff there. If they dont like it they dont implement it. Its like if you want to buy a car, you dont (average consumer that is) check the development logs, talk with developers about all the cool things that "could have been added" but didnt make it to the "real" model for whichever reason. Basically its your choice to look up what "could be", but if you do, remember "it could also not be".

10+ Year Old Account
    So when people QQ about "Hey Blizzard you promised us this!"

Blizzard can go "No we fucking didn't, learn to fucking read!"

If you still try to hold them responsible for not delivering something that is "not guaranteed", you deserve all the insults and flames that comes your way.

Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    It's basically a safe-guard to stupid people.
    The funny part is that it still doesn't work.

People, read the OP please and not only the title.
    Yeah title is a bit misleading, but well.

What the OP is saying is: "If you can guarantee me, dont tell me shit about it" like "Honey, dont strip for me if i mustnt touch you".

Deleted
    its always been that way, Dance Studio, Path of the Titans anyone?

I thought it was common knowledge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard never guarantees anything. Regardless of how promising something looks, everything is subject to change.
    I believe their EULAs cover that part as well

If Blizzard say nothing at all, the community calls them out of touch and ignorant of their fans.

If Blizzard communicate and say what they want to do (with no promises to implement it), then the community calls them liars.

How can they win?

Quote Originally Posted by ripponesan View Post
    What the OP is saying is: "If you can guarantee me, dont tell me shit about it" like "Honey, dont strip for me if i mustnt touch you".
    Hmm. Sounds a bit like "unless you tag it first, it is not your kill" or "until it is in your bags, it is not yours". They only tell people "it is coming" to buy themselves time to put it together. Everything players ever asked for have brought changes to this game. Just cause it is not on your terms or your timetable doesn't make it any less possible.

As for the stripping analogy, just cause she flirts, doesn't mean she's gonna put out. If she does put out, it will be on her terms.

It's an ever evolving game so you pretty much just want no news given about it at all. Just log in one day after a patch and realize everything was changed and you were given no advance notice?

It's not a new mantra. It's standard business practice that when you are not 100% certain about something, you do not guarantee it. And nothing is 100% certain.

Blizzard does us a favor by even discussing the options with us. They very well could communicate nothing, and have everyone wait until PTR. However, they openly discuss ideas and options with the community. This is a nice thing, and asking Blizz to cut all communications with the community (when you ask someone to only talk when they can guarantee something - this will be the result)....I think you are missing the point of them bringing things to the community.

If you want gurarantees - read patch notes. No one will claim anything else to be "guaranteed".

If they don't respond to people and tell them that they're "working on that" or whatever, they get bitched at for ignoring the players.

It's a lose/lose and this way they lose less.

Quote Originally Posted by FlacidGladiator View Post
    Has anyone noticed this besides myself? Blizzard mentions they want to do something. Its generally cool and interesting and something the majority of us want. We're titillated with whats coming in the PTR and beta test area. When implementation day comes though, its just not there. A recent comic by the Daily Blink summed it up pretty well. Like Charlie Brown wanting to kick the football, Lucy is there to yank it away at the last possible moment. I'd prefer them to keep their traps shut about possible content inclusion and changes if there's no solid intent to implement. No one likes a tease.
    Yep, this is a product of ´GC promised me a pony´.. honestly, it has been going on all the way back to when I played UO. Simply put, average players are too stupid to realize the this is just a huge computer program and crap happens. The average player is also too stupid to realize that priorities can change for the dev team.

But mostly it just comes down to stupid players taking any mention of a new feature and calling it a ´promise´..

Blizzard is stuck between a rock and a hard place. If they say NOTHING about upcoming content people complain they're not doing anything and ignoring the community. If they share too much, people get mad when things are changed or cut.