Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twotonsteak View Post
    Because Iran has already said, on several occasions, that they WOULD use nuclear weapons to wipe Israel off the face of the earth. Apparently the US isn't far behind. Do other nations have the nuke? Yes. Have any other nations threatened so openly to erase an entire nation, and ALL of it's citizens, with it? No.
    Saying it and doing it are two different things.

Nato et al has not used nukes in Afghanistan, and India and Pakistan have not nuked each other.

Basically, nukes get you a seat at the big boy's table and other nations actually listen to what you have to say (but not necessarily act upon it).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    America has the only unstoppable military in the world. .
    You are incorrect on this point.

I do agree with the rest of your post. And yeah I don't care what some of you might think, but I do feel a lot better to know the US is looking them up, having this rather Religious Fanatics have nukes is unsettling, you can argue all about their rights, but when they help, endorse and do act of terrorism they forfeit their rights.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."~Evelyn Beatrice Hall
    "Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you to their level and beat you with experience." ~Anonymous

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmatum View Post
    I'm pretty sure violation of airspace like that can be seen as an act of war, it was ignored the first time and the US didn't even get a slap on the wrist. I wonder what now. Maybe they 'lost control' and it 'strayed into Iranian airspace' again.
    It is a pretty safe bet that no one will easily be persuaded to consider it an act of war. Most humans, even heads of state, puts some emphasis on their own survival and it is for most countries unlikely to survive a war with the united states at the moment. It is better to consider it a violation of airspace and call it a day. And mock the US for loosing the drones

Sweden did not call it an act of war when their fishermen caught soviet subs either. Though they were none too happy about it

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Docdruid View Post
    You are incorrect on this point.
    Not really in a straight up war, the US is the only Super power left. China has more troops but they don't have anywhere near the technology or global transportation. Russia during the cold war had the only military that could face the US, but they haven't played the Superpower game since 1990.

But the odds are you are talking about how irregular forces can cause America headaches, mainly because the US plays by the Geneva Convention. If we went all out and didn't care about Civilian casualties Afghanistan would be very different today. It is not a case that the US lacks the power, it is the US lacks the resolve. But every-time someone kills American civilians we gain the resolve for a sort amount of time, Bush took advantage of that and invaded Iraq.

Deleted
    Pretty much every developed country with a half decent military budget has drones now, the USA just happened to lose one of their older models, I doubt they are shitting themselves at the thought of losing secrets.

The first drone that was cought by Iran some time ago was Hyjacked in mid air , by hacking its communication/system so it was put down and the US asked for its return tho never happened.

And to all those US mainstream lovers that think that the US is the best and so peace loving , this is some facts:
    US bombed Japan after they got butthurt and spanked at Pearl Harbor.
    US gave weapons to the Afghani people in the 60-70s while the soviet were invading them , so the Al-Qaida / Talibani were born by US $$ and supply of weapons. Few years later US goes ALMIGHTY TO SAVE THE AFGHANI PEOPLE and give them freedom...
    US invades Iraq with a Quest to find Nuclear weapons and give the Iraqi weapon Freedom, the only thing they did is destroy a country and make people poorer and kick them out of their homes.
    The list goes on...

Iran has the right to have any kind of power to fight what ever they see as an enemy , Iran has every single US / Israeli army base in Rocket sight and can destroy them.
    Why do you think US / Nato / Arabic Petrol countries DONT DARE TO get into the Syrian conflict ? The Isreali goverment keeps making threats that they wont let Iran have nuclear weapons yet they cant even go head to head with Hamas that is right next to them.

Oh and to the "US people" that keep claiming they are True Americans , well guys your a mix of random of Irish / English / Spanish / French /... THE REAL americans are the native red Indians.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    This is all very odd coming from an Israeli avatar.
    I was thinking the same thing.

---------- Post added 2012-12-04 at 10:34 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nychris View Post
    The first drone that was cought by Iran some time ago was Hyjacked in mid air , by hacking its communication/system so it was put down and the US asked for its return tho never happened.

And to all those US mainstream lovers that think that the US is the best and so peace loving , this is some facts:
    US bombed Japan after they got butthurt and spanked at Pearl Harbor.
    US gave weapons to the Afghani people in the 60-70s while the soviet were invading them , so the Al-Qaida / Talibani were born by US $$ and supply of weapons. Few years later US goes ALMIGHTY TO SAVE THE AFGHANI PEOPLE and give them freedom...
    US invades Iraq with a Quest to find Nuclear weapons and give the Iraqi weapon Freedom, the only thing they did is destroy a country and make people poorer and kick them out of their homes.
    The list goes on...

Iran has the right to have any kind of power to fight what ever they see as an enemy , Iran has every single US / Israeli army base in Rocket sight and can destroy them.
    Why do you think US / Nato / Arabic Petrol countries DONT DARE TO get into the Syrian conflict ? The Isreali goverment keeps making threats that they wont let Iran have nuclear weapons yet they cant even go head to head with Hamas that is right next to them.

Oh and to the "US people" that keep claiming they are True Americans , well guys your a mix of random of Irish / English / Spanish / French /... THE REAL americans are the native red Indians.
    I'm curious. Where are you from?
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3

10+ Year Old Account

Oh give me a break. We've lived here for hundreds of years. I think it's a bit silly to claim we're not real Americans at this point. In my case, and many other Americans' cases, I have 2 Native American tribes in my ancestry (Ho Chunk, which is better known as Winnebago, and Mississippi Choctaw), in addition to all my European heritage. You can't call me a non-American.

And by the way, "red indian" is a slightly offensive term in the United States.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Um 25% Cherokee, 25% German, 25% Russian Jew, 25% Scottish. Most American have "Red Indians" as ancestors, also we don't like being called Red Skinned.

Anyone who is a US citizen is a "true American".

People who tell you that your not a "true American" because of your Spanish, Chinese, Jewish, or other heritage are simply asses.
    Last edited by Purlina; 2012-12-04 at 03:47 PM.

Im amazed how low tech and crappy that thing looks. When I think of spy drones I think of advanced technology that cant be spotted by radar etc That looks more like a project you might see a father and son working on in their garage

Deleted
    All this "True American" crap sounds like the same bullshit the Nazi's and various other extreme groups pulled.

---------- Post added 2012-12-04 at 03:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sprinky View Post
    Im amazed how low tech and crappy that thing looks. When I think of spy drones I think of advanced technology that cant be spotted by radar etc That looks more like a project you might see a father and son working on in their garage
    Same principle really, but WAAAAAAY bigger, you could probably hitch a ride on it if you were brave or stupid enough.

Come on man... Some of you people need to get over it that only natives are real americans. When we toom the land it became a new place. They are just natives that were pushed out for the europeans. When we had the revolutionary war we succeded from from breaking our ties with England. We have had a friggin civil war for christ sake. Seems like Euros forget that. We are our own nation now like any other. We are americans. How can i be english if none of my family even lives there. Im american. True americans wave thier flag pround not another countries. Yes there are some that cling to their heritage but most dont. Ive seen far less foriegn flags of late and most are from south america and central america... Or douche bag italian kids who think they are in the mafia. We are our own people now stop claiming well your ancestors came from my country as if we still care.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    Not really in a straight up war, the US is the only Super power left. China has more troops but they don't have anywhere near the technology or global transportation. Russia during the cold war had the only military that could face the US, but they haven't played the Superpower game since 1990.

But the odds are you are talking about how irregular forces can cause America headaches, mainly because the US plays by the Geneva Convention. If we went all out and didn't care about Civilian casualties Afghanistan would be very different today. It is not a case that the US lacks the power, it is the US lacks the resolve. But every-time someone kills American civilians we gain the resolve for a sort amount of time, Bush took advantage of that and invaded Iraq.
    Nice attitude towards the world.
    And since you put it that way... unbeatable? You guys got your ass kicked in every single place you went to

Don't take it too personal, mine isnt a serious reply to a hopefully not serious post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    All this "True American" crap sounds like the same bullshit the Nazi's and various other extreme groups pulled.

---------- Post added 2012-12-04 at 03:47 PM ----------

Same principle really, but WAAAAAAY bigger, you could probably hitch a ride on it if you were brave or stupid enough.

LOL, sort of why I hate it when "Real Americans" talk about Ford Trucks, Small Towns, Country Music, God, and Football (NFL not kickball).

And your comment reminds me of Dr Stragelove for some reason.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account

You made me think of a move.. i think Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb. Was that image intentional i wonder..

10+ Year Old Account
    Indeed, and I love the fact it is so easy to be Anti American this days, let's hate the "big fella", I don't pretend the US is perfect, but then again tell what country is?
    Iran might have the right to defend themselves, I don't deny their Independence, but when their "Independence" threatens me then I want someone to police them.
    No one likes the police until you need them, then all cry "Where's the Police", the US have been doing that infamous job, and when you say why the US can and not Iran, well see the US have all this flaws but they still have a working Democracy and they have safe fails in place (god help us all if this ever changes) so no religious maniac can get the lunch codes and start a world wide nuclear strike, Iran on the other hand is ruled by religious maniacs, people that tell you if you kill and "infidel" you win a spot in heaven... So yeah I don't want this country or any other country that lives under dictatorship or under Religious thumbs, I apologize to any hardcore religious people, but Religion has been one of the downfalls of mankind throughout history, mainly because of well Humankind, like communism, religion works well on paper until you add the human factor, then the power will corrupt, I think it was a US president that said "If you want to know the measure of a man, give him power" (this might not be the correct quote).

Anyway I can't pretend I have or know all the facts, but I do trust on the US to keep me safe, if you don't like it well it is your prerogative, but I am for sure pro US, guess makes me one crazy European.
    Last edited by Docdruid; 2012-12-04 at 03:58 PM.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."~Evelyn Beatrice Hall
    "Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you to their level and beat you with experience." ~Anonymous

We only lose because we follow the rules of engagement at war time. If we actually went in to take a country over for lets say gasoline and went in with tru brute force and lack of cating for civilians do you really think we would lose. Its the problem with war today. There are no winners just destroyed regimes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Docdruid View Post
    Indeed, and I love the fact it is so easy to be Anti American this days, let's hate the "big fella", I don't pretend the US is perfect, but then again tell what country is?
    Iran might have the right to defend themselves, I don't deny their Independence, but when their "Independence" threatens me then I want someone to police them.
    No one likes the police until you need them, then all cry "Where's the Police", the US have been doing that infamous job, and when you say why the US can and not Iran, well see the US have all this flaws but they still have a working Democracy and they have safe fails in place (god help us all if this ever changes) so no religious maniac can get the lunch codes and start a world wide nuclear strike, Iran on the other hand is ruled my religious maniacs, people that tell you if you kill and "infidel" you win a spot in heaven... So yeah I don't want this country or any other country that lives under dictatorship or under Religious thumbs, I apologize to any hardcore religious people, but Religion has been one of the downfalls of mankind throughout history, mainly because of well Humankind, like communism, religion works well on paper until you add the human factor, then the power will corrupt, I think it was a US president that said "If you want to know the measure of a man, give him power" (this might not be the correct quote).

Anyway I can't pretend I have or know all the facts, but I do trust on the US to keep me safe, if you don't like it well it is your prerogative, but I am for sure pro US, guess makes me one crazy European.
    Sweden, but I am shit at languages so I am stuck to living in the Anglo countries, thats fine, I will get drunk with my new friends instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sweden, but I am shit at languages so I am stuck to living in the Anglo countries, thats fine, I will get drunk with my new friends instead.
    LOL guess only a Swedish can keep up with a Brit on Beer!?