Poll: Should circumcision be the person's own choice?

Page 2 of 89 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Viertel View Post
    Because it is mutilation. You have a part of your body removed, without your input, for no good reason.

That's the very fucking definition of mutilation.
    doesn't mutilation mean with the intent to harm?

edit:
    tr.v. mu·ti·lat·ed, mu·ti·lat·ing, mu·ti·lates
    1. To deprive of a limb or an essential part; cripple.
    2. To disfigure by damaging irreparably: mutilate a statue. See Synonyms at batter1.
    3. To make imperfect by excising or altering parts.

i guess point 2 falls under the category. maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    Then it's definitely mutilation.

it does harm
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    Also, I object to the OP using the term 'mutilation' to describe circumcision.
    It paints everyone who HAS been circumcised (a decision that, as you pointed out, is rarely a decision they make on their own) as somehow disfigured.
    It's a term that is unfortunately applicable to this situation. But aesthetically speaking, as a completely straight male, it's really no different. I merely approach this from a men's rights perspective. I support my fellow man, whether circumcised, intact or whatever. I just think this is pretty much a widespread violation of human rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Lassira View Post
    Why is male circumcision on unwilling victims still legal is the real question.
    Female circumcision is seen as something absolutely disgusting that only third world countries do as torture, yet male circumcision is seen as completely normal.
    Generally speaking, it's technically illegal in almost every western civilization bar Israel. It just hasn't ever really been contested at a judicial level so the law is never enforced. It's been hushed up due to large pressure from religious groups, but from a legal standpoint, it is not sanctioned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ofcourse it should be, its not something that can heal later like ear piercings. Honestly in 50 years people will be horrified people forced their babys into this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rimrot View Post
    I am so glad my Catholic parents were smart enough to tidy up down there. That would just be weird to not have what I consider to be normal. Moreover, I don't remember even a snipit of the process.
    Don't take this the wrong way, but the fact that you consider circumcision to be "normal" frightens me.
    Is this a common view in the US? Just as a reference, I've never met anyone who's been circumcised (that I know of ofc) and everyone I know has always reacted with the same disgust I feel about the whole practice whenever the subject is brought up.
    It is very much NOT a socially accepted practice over here. I'm not even sure if hospitals will perform it unless there's a medical reason.

Deleted
    Then it's definitely mutilation.

see my edit :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Gall bladder, appendix - both of which can cause severe pain and even death if they develop a problem; and both of which you do not need at all.
    Go have your gall balder removed then try eating fatty foods.. You'll quickly discover what function it has.

Deleted
    Why is male circumcision still legal is the real question.
    It's the same reason why Gay Marriage is still illegal.

Religion.

Either than that I suppose it's the whole "Parents have complete control over their children until they're an adult etc". That same law allows this:

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comment...y_abused_at_a/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose19 View Post
    Well ladies prefer circumcised sooo...
    I've heard the opposite.

And circumcision is stupid as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakadam View Post
    Don't take this the wrong way, but the fact that you consider circumcision to be "normal" frightens me.
    Is this a common view in the US? Just as a reference, I've never met anyone who's been circumcised (that I know of ofc) and everyone I know has always reacted with the same disgust I feel about the whole practice whenever the subject is brought up.
    It is very much NOT a socially accepted practice over here. I'm not even sure if hospitals will perform it unless there's a medical reason.
    It's completely normal in US, US is a very jewish country.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakadam View Post

as far as i know, its the norm in the US. where as in europe its very rare, the only people who really get it done in europe are religious families. i only know one person who ever had it done, and he was from a very religious family.

see my edit :P
    it fits 2 of the 3 deffinitions
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well luckily for me, most of my male partners don't

10+ Year Old Account
    It's completely normal in US, US is a very jewish country.
    More like the US is a very neo-puritan country. See early US rationale for circumcision in the OP.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Gall bladder, appendix - both of which can cause severe pain and even death if they develop a problem; and both of which you do not need at all.
    That's not quite true for appendix as well:

Recent studies have proposed a role for the appendix as a ‘safe-house’ for commensal bacterial species, which exist in protected biofilms that may detach and serve to repopulate the GI tract following perturbation of the natural microbiome. Although it has previously been suggested that there are no discernable long-term effects of appendectomies in westernized countries, appendectomy has been associated with progression and severity of inflammatory bowel diseases and colorectal cancers.

Never underestimate evolution for keeping something that appears to be useless!

If there is a piece of skin on your pipi, thousands of years of evolution probably found out it was better.
    Or if you are creationist: He created man in His own image and you should not try to alter His image!
    Last edited by Mikah; 2012-12-04 at 09:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You'll find they dont care as long as its clean
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    Ignoring the religions aspect and masturbation, it's actually healthy to be circumcized because there's some unhealthy bacteria that usually gather in that area. When a person is circumcized, said bacterias evolve much, much harder.
    Stop being lazy and wash your penis.

We were born with quite a few stuff that aren't so useful to modern humans to be honest.

http://www.bloggingwv.com/20-useless...-we-need-them/

The wisdom teeth are one of the issues with which many of has had to deal with for example.
    We pull out wisdom teeth when they start to cause pain. They aren't typically pulled out as a preventive procedure. And why did you pull out that list? Should we start cutting of male nipples?

some do. some don't. and if a guy wants to get rid of it to please women or a woman then he can do so when he's older

neither of which is removed at birth

I cant see why anyone would want to be uncircumcised, its more comfortable for yourself and your partner (as out generation it is the "norm" to be circumcised, most girls ive met have said they would never be interested in a guy who isnt) and its easier to clean and take care of. It baffles my mind to think someone would chose to remain uncircumcised, much less consider it illegal lol.