Poll: Dwarf

Page 33 of 128 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dibbletiki View Post
    I see a lot of people talking about the FPS of the movie, and I must say as a regular Joe, I'm confused. If it was 24 fps wouldn't it look laggy? >_< 48 fps sounds better, where's all the hate coming from?

People aren't used to the clarity yet. So they say it looks weird. Even so, you have the option to not watch in 48fps so.... do whatever you want. All about story for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see a lot of people talking about the FPS of the movie, and I must say as a regular Joe, I'm confused. If it was 24 fps wouldn't it look laggy? >_< 48 fps sounds better, where's all the hate coming from?
    Most if not everything on TV is showed in 24fps ;> The "hate" is about not being used to seeing stuff on TV in 48fps so it will be probably be a bit annoying until you're used to it.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Basicly 48 fps is what they use in like soap operas or live events if you know what I mean. If you are from UK then Eastenders is an example of how Hobbit will look. It looks fake, not cinematic and to be honest cheap.

10+ Year Old Account
    After watching some clips on youtube (Of which I believe were in 48fps) is it good or bad that I can't really tell the difference in FPS?
    Maybe I'm just lazy at picking such things up, but for something that's been picked up upon by certain reviews I didn't notice it.

---------- Post added 2012-12-04 at 09:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    6 new clips online HERE.
    Is it just me or don't the clips load?

6 new clips online HERE.
    I wasn't all that impressed, expesially the second video with the fight with orcs. It was worryingly closing slap stick stuff :x
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    After watching some clips on youtube (Of which I believe were in 48fps) is it good or bad that I can't really tell the difference in FPS?
    Maybe I'm just lazy at picking such things up, but for something that's been picked up upon by certain reviews I didn't notice it.

---------- Post added 2012-12-04 at 09:11 PM ----------

Is it just me or don't the clips load?
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but YouTube won't show anything above 30fps. It's impossible to see the 48fps on an YouTube video.

Rotten tomato and meta critic ratings aren't great right now. It's early with few reviews but a 74% on rotten tomatoes although that is good it isn't great.

Im hoping it can move up into the 80% range maybe 90%, since scores aren't stable till 50 or so reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    I wasn't all that impressed, expesially the second video with the fight with orcs. It was worryingly closing slap stick stuff :x
    The Hobbit was a lighthearted and funny book.

Bad reviews are generally FPS related. I was gonna watch it in normal FPS anyways because that's how I watched the LotR trilogy in the theatres. And Definitiely no 3D. Nostalgia ftw.
    Last edited by Northy; 2012-12-04 at 11:24 PM.

The Hobbit was a lighthearted and funny book.
    I know what Hobbit is and there's better ways to convey that than having orcs spinning around falling stage with their ropes or getting stuck into ladder like Tom from Tom & Jerry
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

The New York Daily News describes The Hobbit as eye popping. Ethan Sacks writes, “Lighter and funnier than its ‘Lord of the Rings’ predecessors, ‘The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey’ remains faithful to the fantasy world last seen in the 2003 Academy Award-winning ‘The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King.’”

Collider gives The Hobbit an “A-“, saying, “The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey is a classic adventure quest in the making; packed with colorful characters, gorgeous settings and plenty of action, the only setbacks are technical ones.”

The Playlist gives The Hobbit a “B+”, saying “As epic, grandiose, and emotionally appealing as the previous pictures, ‘The Hobbit’ doesn’t move far from the mold, but it’s a thrilling ride that’s one of the most enjoyable, exciting and engaging tentpoles of the year.”

The Hollywood Reporter review says: "Spending nearly three hours of screen time to visually represent every comma, period and semicolon in the first six chapters of the perennially popular 19-chapter book, Jackson and his colleagues have created a purist's delight, something the millions of die-hard fans of his Lord of the Rings trilogy will gorge upon."

Apparently LotR and Tolkien fans in general will likely get much more enjoyment out of the movie due to its adherence to the novel. Impatient non-readers may find themselves out of place. Lucky for me I'm a nerd! I'll eat it all up and ask for seconds, probably thirds.

The Hobbit

Hello. I heard some place that the Hobbit was going to be a trilogy, its that something some one can verify here?
    Read the book about 10 years ago, and i do remember it pretty well, and i dont understand how they will squeez that much movie out of it.
    Dont get me wrong, i dont think its a bad thing, but i was really looking forward to see the fight vs Smaug!

It is going to be a trilogy, first movie is called "An Unexpected Journey", second is "The Desolation of Smaug" and the third is "There and Back Again".

Really looking forward to those movies

Yeah it will be, I was so excited when it was announced in 2 parts, then extended to 3 I screamed like a little girl. Already have my tickets booked to see it on the 14th, going to have to avoid the internet for the day on the 13th .

Yes, there will be 3. Just Google "hobbit trilogy" and you will find your answer.

This doesnt belong in General Discussions, but yes it will be a trilogy

Ok thanks Draenox.

Sorry for being halfway social and asking about it Maklor, but i much more like it this way then to type questions in to google.

Quote Originally Posted by Sythari View Post
    Yeah it will be, I was so excited when it was announced in 2 parts, then extended to 3 I screamed like a little girl. Already have my tickets booked to see it on the 14th, going to have to avoid the internet for the day on the 13th .
    Well you might want to avoid the net now. The movie is already out in New Zealand. :P

While I'm excited that there will be so many movies of one book, I don't understand how. The book is 300 pages, that's usually a bit thin for TWO movies. But people told be that so much happens in it (I read it a while ago). But Tolkien was an author that described things very greatly.

But anyway, it will be an awesome trilogy and hopefully as good as LotR!! (Tickets for the 12th, check)

10+ Year Old Account
    They are taking content out of Tolkien's other works, not just the Hobbit, to make these movies as well so they can put more stuff in the movies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    Well you might want to avoid the net now. The movie is already out in New Zealand. :P

Premiere was 28th November, rest of nz get too see it on 12th December
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!