Poll: Should circumcision be the person's own choice?

Page 12 of 89 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wow2011 View Post
    I wonder if anyone did a test to prove circumcision truely prevents UTI. I would imagine the test to be fairly simple. You find 100 cut and 100 uncut male and ask them to not shower for a month and see which group did worse. I would be pretty interested in the findings.
    Why not just go asking men in Europe? It's a pretty uncommon practice over there. Certainly compared to the US.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Don't do unprotected sex with strangers. Next.
    I have to say, after reading your crap for many pages, you don't know what you're talking about. Does getting to know someone prevent the transfer of STDs?

And on mutilation: piercings, removing a benign tumor, removing benign moles, liposuction, removing teeth for cosmetic issues (braces), cosmetic surgery are all mutilations and people are disgusting for having it done, correct?

It's all cosmetic, and not a big deal, really.

On topic: if the child is old enough to make a decision, they should be part of that decision process. As a newborn, sure, let the parents decide.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    Murder can be justified and to a certain extent I believe genocide can be justified aswell.

Is it to be understood as the 13 people who voted No on the poll want compulsory circumcision?

Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    Why don't you go ask that homeless dude down the street?
    You live in a different country and I can't be arsed to travel that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    Is it to be understood as the 13 people who voted No on the poll want compulsory circumcision?
    Definitely that.

10+ Year Old Account
    as an atheist, even thought circumcision is done for religious reasons, im glad im circumcised.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    Why don't you go ask that homeless dude down the street?
    oooo you tell him

Deleted
    Should men have the right to choose whether or not they want to be circumcised?
    Should have the right ? Why are we even having a discussion so how many pages ofc we should have the right.

I wasn't and i am so glad i wasn't have 2 friends that were, i feel sorry for them they have an hard time getting the penis hard inside the vagina and they don't have much pleasure.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    I didn't read that. I cannot exactly comprehend how cutting an EXTERNAL part of your body affects your INTERNAL organs.

The foreskin is, after all, skin. How does it impair the urinary system, which is a set of ''tubes'' through which urin is eliminated?

So if it was done in a clinic, it would be okay?
    Yes it would be okay. Women get vaginal reconstruction surgery, it is done in a clinic and is not called "mutilation" so that makes it okay. If we as a culture circumcised women in the same fashion we have been circumcising men (in a way that does not destroy the genitals and is safe) it would be totally okay (although given the perspective of some people in this thread they would not think so).

My boyfriend doesn't see a problem with circumcision, but I say hell no.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindark View Post
    I have to say, after reading your crap for many pages, you don't know what you're talking about. Does getting to know someone prevent the transfer of STDs?

And on mutilation: piercings, removing a benign tumor, removing benign moles, liposuction, removing teeth for cosmetic issues (braces), cosmetic surgery are all mutilations and people are disgusting for having it done, correct?

On topic: if the child is old enough to make a decision, they should be part of that decision process. As a newborn, sure, let the parents decide.
    I don't know any newborns that have teeth or moles removed.

In fact, the only permanent alterations to a newborn you're allowed to make are those that are reversible (ear piercing) or circumcision.

You can't get them tattooed or anything like that. Why let them be circumcised?

Yes getting to know somebody does help prevent STDs because if you find out they have AIDS you might be less likely to sleep with them.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Are you out of your bloody mind? PEOPLE DO THOSE BECAUSE THEY WANT TO! ( or because it endangers their health ) We are debating whether it's moral to -ENFORCE- this decision on your kid. How can you even make such a ridiculous analogy?

Yes it would be okay. Women get vaginal reconstruction surgery, it is done in a clinic and is not called "mutilation" so that makes it okay.
    Are they forced to do it? Read above.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nailbomb View Post
    as an atheist, even thought circumcision is done for religious reasons, im glad im circumcised.
    what the....

i don't...

why?

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't know much about circumcision, but my brother is circumcised and he doesn't have any problems with it afaik. As in this case, sometimes it's done for healthbenefits. Any other reason only happens with a midieval mindset, which is bad.
    Pokemon Y / Pokemon OR
    Friendcode: 0791-2124-3938 (IGN: Michiel)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    Medical benefits, including:
    A markedly lower risk of acquiring HIV, the virus that causes AIDS.
    Actually there have been 2 or 3 studies conducted with about 100 participants in Kenya. That's it. That is all the evidence they have. The data is neither valid nor conclusive. Having protected sex and screening one's sexual partners is how one prevent's HIV transmission, not circumcision.

Chapin and other critics argue that the scientific evidence is questionable. For one thing, the studies about HIV have only been done in Africa, where AIDS is much more common among heterosexuals.

"They're cherry-picking their evidence," she says. "They act as though there's this huge body of literature. It's all the same couple of studies that have been regurgitated and reprogrammed. Over the past 150 years, all kinds of medical benefits have been proposed as resulting from cutting off the foreskin, and they have all been disproven."
    http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/2012...cised-than-not

Wash your dick and don't have sex with sluts? Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Etna View Post
    Should have the right ? Why are we even having a discussion so how many pages ofc we should have the right.

I wasn't and i am so glad i wasn't have 2 friends that were, i feel sorry for them they have an hard time getting the penis hard inside the vagina and they don't have much pleasure.
    How does being circumcised make it difficult to get the penis into the vagina? I have never had an issue, I think the issue may lie with your friends not with the fact that they lack a foreskin.

Also, I have no lack of pleasure.

Quote Originally Posted by wow2011 View Post
    I wonder if anyone did a test to prove circumcision truely prevents UTI. I would imagine the test to be fairly simple. You find 100 cut and 100 uncut male and ask them to not shower for a month and see which group did worse. I would be pretty interested in the findings.
    That's essentially how the AAP got their study done.

Anyway, to answer Pateuvasiliu about UTIs:

Urinary tract infections (UTIs) are common in young children. UTIs may go untreated because the symptoms may not be obvious to the child or to parents.

Normal urine has no germs (bacteria). However, bacteria can get into the urinary tract from two sources: the skin around the rectum and genitals and the bloodstream from other parts of the body. Bacteria may cause infections in any or all parts of the urinary tract, including the following:

the urethra (called "urethritis")
    the bladder (called "cystitis")
    the kidneys (called "pyelonephritis")
    UTIs are common in infants and young children. About 3 percent of girls and 1 percent of boys will have a UTI by 11 years of age. A young child with a high fever and no other symptoms, has a 1 in 20 chance of having a UTI. The frequency of UTIs in girls is much greater than in boys. Uncircumcised boys have slightly more UTIs than those who have been circumcised. (ten times more likely (1 in 100 vs 1 in 1,000))

Symptoms of UTIs may include the following:

fever
    pain or burning during urination
    need to urinate more often, or difficulty getting urine out
    urgent need to urinate, or wetting of underwear or bedding by a child who knows how to use the toilet
    vomiting, refusal to eat
    abdominal pain
    side or back pain
    foul-smelling urine
    cloudy or bloody urine
    unexplained and persistent irritability in an infant
    poor growth in an infant
    (Tell me how you would enjoy trying to console an infant with a UTI)

Treatment
    UTIs are treated with antibiotics. The way your child receives the antibiotic depends on the severity and type of infection. If your child has a fever or is vomiting and unable to keep fluids down, the antibiotics may be put directly into the bloodstream or muscle using a needle. This is usually done in the hospital. Otherwise, the antibiotics can be given by mouth, as liquid or pills.

UTIs need to be treated right away for the following reasons:

to get rid of the infection
    to prevent the spread of the infection
    to reduce the chances of kidney damage
    Infants and young children with UTIs usually need to take antibiotics for 7 to 14 days, sometimes longer. Make sure your child takes all the medicine your pediatrician prescribes. Do not stop giving your child the medicine until the pediatrician says the treatment is finished, even if your child feels better. UTIs can return if not fully treated
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    Except the little toe (Or whatever it is called) I can name nothing that we do not "need"in some way.
    Appendix? Previously mentioned wisdom teeth?

OT: I was circumcised as a baby, pretty sure it didn't traumatize me, but I'll check in with a therapist just to be sure.