Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    sounds like a crazy system, too bad they didnt get it right....

Quote Originally Posted by Kripplin View Post
    sounds like a crazy system, too bad they didnt get it right....
    Do you mean "didn't get it right" as in players can get too much for free or?
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    Real f2pers are preferred status and buy their unlocks off the GTN or from other players.
    This is just not true. The f2p model was a slap in the face and I assume they will get more lenient restrictions in the near future for right now it's terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by blib View Post
    This is just not true. The f2p model was a slap in the face and I assume they will get more lenient restrictions in the near future for right now it's terrible.
    No, it is true. I have screen shots.

No, it is true. I have screen shots.
    I do get that you want to advertise for your game but let's stick to how things are, if you just download the game and play it without buying anything the restrictions are very severe and it was handled horribly.

I do get that you want to advertise for your game but let's stick to how things are, if you just download the game and play it without buying anything the restrictions are very severe and it was handled horribly.
    You can buy almost everything with credits.

If you extend that "without buying anything" mentality to credits than you aren't going to buy new skills or abilities from trainers and only have 3 abilities for the whole game. So essentially shooting yourself in the foot.

Also, I like how you think swtor is "my game". Really shows that you aren't from around these parts *places shotgun across legs*

If you extend that "without buying anything" mentality to credits than you aren't going to buy new skills or abilities from trainers and only have 3 abilities for the whole game. So essentially shooting yourself in the foot.
    To be fair, the 1-50 experience as a free player is hampered by the restrictions. It's not until you've hit 50 and have had a chance to farm up the credits (or until you have a friend on your server who has credits to burn) that you can unlock these restrictions in-game.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    To be fair, the 1-50 experience as a free player is hampered by the restrictions. It's not until you've hit 50 and have had a chance to farm up the credits (or until you have a friend on your server who has credits to burn) that you can unlock these restrictions in-game.
    Depends on how you level. I usually generate a 350k surplus by 20/25 or so. But then again, I choose a spec and only buy relevant abilities till I am 50.

Also, I like how you think swtor is "my game". Really shows that you aren't from around these parts *places shotgun across legs*
    Don't bs. Have you tried to level from scratch without spending any rl cash? I have and it was a pain in the ass. You feel so cramped it's not fun in anyway.

In two threads now every other post is a commercial from you about this games

In two threads now every other post is a commercial from you about this games
    A more accurate statement would be that I am defending the f2p model in two threads.
    And if you are willing to dig a little deeper you will find that I criticize it for a number of issues.
    Also, if you dig deeper you will find posts that, to roughly quote a friend, made him want to stop logging into swtor.

Depends on how you level. I usually generate a 350k surplus by 20/25 or so. But then again, I choose a spec and only buy relevant abilities till I am 50.
    dude i understand where you come from but unless you grab slicing as you craft there is NO WAY every F2Per will get 3350k creds by 25 and not to mention the fact that they still need to get their skills bought while lvling so it not as easy as you are making it seem.

I did a agent with slicing and i made bout 300k after slicing EVERY box i found on planet PLUS every mission I could send my droid out on. after abilities i think i still had like a 100k profit

also add that people are STILL buttarded stupid in offering these unlocks for OVER the cred cap for a standard F2Per(200k right) so yea the restrictions are a serious hindrance....

its great taht we can get them off the GTN but please stop making it sound so Staples red button simple because it is not

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    dude i understand where you come from but unless you grab slicing as you craft there is NO WAY every F2Per will get 3350k creds by 25 and not to mention the fact that they still need to get their skills bought while lvling so it not as easy as you are making it seem.

I did a agent with slicing and i made bout 300k after slicing EVERY box i found on planet PLUS every mission I could send my droid out on. after abilities i think i still had like a 100k profit

also add that people are STILL buttarded stupid in offering these unlocks for OVER the cred cap for a standard F2Per(200k right) so yea the restrictions are a serious hindrance....

its great taht we can get them off the GTN but please stop making it sound so Staples red button simple because it is not
    Kinda reminds me when I was new to the game and leveling. Back then you could use vehicles when you are level 25 I believe? Don't remember, but anyway at that time I have barely credits for the speeder license only got the credits to buy 1 vehicle. I took as crew skills: artifice, archaeology and treasure hunting. As a new player I did not know about the crew skills that much, buying every class skill and I was still experiencing the amazing story back then. So I can safely assume the new F2P players are like that too? Still exploring the game features of the game, the world, the story, etc. I also am not convinced a player can make that much credits by level 25 if they are new to the game.

The ppl that are offering those unlocks for over the credits cap of standard F2P player and even Preferred Status players are probably just aiming at the ppl that will be going to Preferred Status once their 1 month subscription runs out. A lot of ppl still are subbed just to get hold of the accumulated coins so far. The sellers hope they will buy it for their price when their sub soon runs out. Another related thing, I'm not convinced that they are aiming for ppl that buy them for friends is a big market. Of course I base that purely on the server I am from. I can pretty much count on my fingers the number of ppl selling unlocks on the GTN, authorizations, updates, legacy unlocks, etc.

The only one or two characters on my server selling unlocks or authorizations have names like "Aejfjdklgu" so it's a pretty safe bet they're goldfarmers using hacked accounts.

A more accurate statement would be that I am defending the f2p model in two threads.
    And if you are willing to dig a little deeper you will find that I criticize it for a number of issues.
    Also, if you dig deeper you will find posts that, to roughly quote a friend, made him want to stop logging into swtor.
    To be honest, it's one of the best F2P models I've seen as long as the community, as a whole, could work together. Being able to buy everything you need from the GTN was, in my opinion, brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by Parrin View Post
    GW2 is the only other viable PVP option. If you've played it, and neither SWTOR or GW2 satisfies your PVP, then you need to re-evaluate yourself. Because it's not the games; your expectations are unrealistic.

As for PVE, well... SWTOR is a lot better than it was at launch (group-finder, legacy unlocks, cartel unlocks, UI customization). But there isn't much more content. You don't sound like you played for the story, so you should enjoy checking out the new operation(s) and heroic levels on other instances.
    I found SWTOR PvP to be more enjoyable than GW2. But only 5 (6?) free warzones a week isn't enough to get me back.

Deleted
    Do you mean "didn't get it right" as in players can get too much for free or?
    This is still the same game a ton of people unsubbed from, the same game without any improvements (Cash shop is not an improvement). So yes, they still did not get it right. The fact that its for free changes nothing regarding the game, it is still the same thing. So sorry but I preffer to spend subscription money on warcraft, play for free in LoL or have fun in B2P GW2.

Deleted
    It went from the most hyped MMO in recent history to a F2P disappointment within the space of 12 months. I guess some fans of the game will defend it and if they enjoy it then good for them but as a whole it can't be put down to anything else but a colossal failure.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Madderdin View Post
    This is still the same game a ton of people unsubbed from, the same game without any improvements (Cash shop is not an improvement). So yes, they still did not get it right. The fact that its for free changes nothing regarding the game, it is still the same thing.
    Did you expect an expansion pack and a revamp of the whole game created? That's the silliest notion I've ever heard. Population is up, activity is up, clearly their revenue is up since subscribers have dropped wads of cash on trivial things. It might not pan out in the long run, but they accomplished what they wanted to.

Additionally, they made a system that, granted may be more difficult for completely new players, but is incredibly rewarding for little to no money for returning players. At this point the only thing I would need to spend money on (just because of limited availability) is passes to do end game content. The rest can be reliably bought by my credits I already had and then I don't have to sub again. I think that's a fine model for a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Flimsy View Post
    It went from the most hyped MMO in recent history to a F2P disappointment within the space of 12 months. I guess some fans of the game will defend it and if they enjoy it then good for them but as a whole it can't be put down to anything else but a colossal failure.
    Considering that hype comes from forum jockeys, I'm not sure how that is relevant. Additionally, F2P isn't even a month old so Im' not sure how it is classified as a disappointment. Most of the criticism is being met with quick responses that improve the model substantially. I railed on it for two weeks straight until we learned you can buy unlocks with credits. Then they added 2 and now 4 bars for all players and 6 characters for preferred.

Most companies, especially one so money hungry, don't stick around with 'colossal failures'. I might not agree with anything they do and literally hate their company, but I will admit they know how to make money for themselves. They don't have a tendency to beat unprofitable, dead horses.

Deleted
    Much of the same, bugs reported since beta still linger on, "bells and whistles of a modern MMO" still doesn't include dynamic weather or a day/night cycle, or races that aren't humans with a coat of paint. And the now even slower patching still break as much if not more than it fixes most of the time, and the hero engine version they have is still.... lackluster.

As mentioned, it's still the same game, with the same problems that made about 80% of the player base to leave within 6 months, only now they have one of the most restrictive and insulting F2P models there is to date that also gives them an excuse to go for a cash grab from subscribers as well. Though of course there's still the rabid biodrones that claim it's the players fault for expecting a game with the biggest budget to date to produce something relevant to current standards, which other developers have done with smaller budgets, who also produce more new content within similar if not smaller timeframes.

---------- Post added 2012-12-05 at 02:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    They don't have a tendency to beat unprofitable
    You don't know much about EA do you?

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zokonorb View Post
    You don't know much about EA do you?
    I guess you don't understand the concept of beating a dead horse.

It's one thing to leave a lame horse that you no longer invest any money in still give pony rides for a small fee until it collapses under its own weight.