Page 28 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    Again, that's YOUR definition for defending YOUR preference.

YOU can't get over it's tactical due to bias, because the premise to YOU is keybinding is more tactical -- it isn't. It's the next step towards automation where toons are but bots.

Some people are better at clicking as that's something they really prefer, and yes, it's much more fun (more so taking down someone with 80 keybinds!).
    So you think clicking 1, 2 or 3 is more tactical than hitting 1, 2 or 3 with your finger? If you think keybinding is anywhere near what botting is, it's pretty obvious you haven't keybinded before.

I think you are mixing binding and macroing up...these aren't the same thing. Binding is no more automated than clicking. You choose the spell you want, you click or press it.

Again, I really don't think tactical means what you think it means or you are actually considering what you are claiming.

10+ Year Old Account
    So maybe instead of "yuh huh it is" and "nuh uh it isn't" over the description of one's strategy being "tactical" we explain what exactly we mean by using the word in that way? I'm fluent in English and this debate still seems to not make much sense.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrar View Post
    Nothing tactical about it. You click because you never got used to keybinding so can't see how drastic the difference. You will absolutely never hear someone say 'they learned how to keybind correctly and got used to it and went back to clicking due to anything other than just being lazy, knowing that binding was obviously better.

Let's be honestly, almost all of us who have been gaming for a long time clicked and none of us knew how insanely bad it was until we finally made ourselves switch.
    It is easy for ppl trying to switch from clicking to keybinding to feel overwhelmed. I often suggest to ppl to bind a few functions or abilities at a time in batches of 3 to 5 things. Get used to only using the keybinds for them even if it gimps you in the short term. Run the crap out of dungeons, go get your ass kicked in pvp whatever you will get used to it. Once those become 2nd nature add some more. Eventually you will get to a point where you have bound all the things you are going to want or need to. It really does make a world of difference. Adding in macro modifiers is also a huge improvement jump for ppl. For example I use one of my center mouse buttons to silience/interupt on all toons, shift and that key hexes/sheeps whatever if classes have that and alt and that key will hex/sheep my focus while ctrl and that key will silience/interupt my focus. That alone was a 200 point jump in arena ratings when I stumbled across doing that.

There is a part of me that thinks some ppl just click and keyboard turn and refuse to change out of fear. Now if they mess up they have a tried and true fall back reason. If they make the switch over and screw up it is on them. Sure it is a stupid reason, but it really seems to fit.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    So you think clicking 1, 2 or 3 is more tactical than hitting 1, 2 or 3 with your finger? If you think keybinding is anywhere near what botting is, it's pretty obvious you haven't keybinded before.
    How would you know, Myrrar? Inside my head and know my complete life history?

You don't know what I've done nor used, all you can do is assume.

For example, I used to use the n52 (do you know what that is? It's a game controller). Last year I even got a gaming glove. Do you know why folks would even bother to get such items?

Or will you just assume because it's more comfortable to you?
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

This is madness - moderator please close this nonsense

10+ Year Old Account
    How would you know, Myrrar? Inside my head and know my complete life history?

You don't know what I've done nor used, all you can do is assume.

For example, I used to use the n52 (do you know what that is? It's a game controller). Last year I even got a gaming glove. Do you know why folks would even bother to get such items?

Or will you just assume because it's more comfortable to you?
    It's pretty obvious you're trolling so *mod hat on*:
    Enough...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    This is madness - moderator please close this nonsense
    Making assumptions based on biases can and will backfire.

People here are more into defining their view as better and trying to enforce their view, and assuming things patently untrue in the process, as it's easier than to acknowledge, that yes, clicking can really be a preference.

They want to dictate the dicussion and how the game is played, yet failing to realize that makes gaming worse in the end.

I've done both. But as I said many pages ago, clicking is a preference...20 pages later, and 20 moderators later, it's still a preference.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

10+ Year Old Account

People here are more into defining their view as better and trying to enforce their view, and assuming things patently untrue in the process, as it's easier than to acknowledge, that yes, clicking can really be a preference.

They want to dictate the dicussion and how the game is played, yet failing to realize that makes gaming worse in the end.

I've done both. But as I said many pages ago, clicking is a preference...20 pages later, and 20 moderators later, it's still a preference.
    No, you are just completely off-topic. The topic is about pros and cons of clicking vs binding. You want to tell everyone they're wrong about what is better because you LIKE you play a certain way. Saying the sky isn't normally blue because you like the few times it's purple isn't really a solid argument.

You like to click, we get it. You don't care what's best for being efficient or playing, you like to click because it's more fun. No offense, but no one really cares since it's not the point of the topic. It's like going into a thread about mage theorycrafting and telling everyone they're wrong because spamming ice lance over and over is more fun.

So again, enough. Get back on topic.

Maybe take a little of your own advice there instead of preaching the gaming apocalypse based on a few people who don't agree with you that clicking is any more "tactical" or "fun".

---------- Post added 2012-12-05 at 12:00 PM ----------

No, you are just completely off-topic. The topic is about pros and cons of clicking vs binding. You want to tell everyone they're wrong about what is better because you LIKE you play a certain way. Saying the sky isn't normally blue because you like the few times it's purple isn't really a solid argument.

You like to click, we get it. You don't care what's best for being efficient or playing, you like to click because it's more fun. No offense, but no one really cares since it's not the point of the topic. It's like going into a thread about mage theorycrafting and telling everyone they're wrong because spamming ice lance over and over is more fun.

... I love you.

Deleted

Clicking is better the more social you are (and therefore the more typing you do.)

And let's face it, most rotations in wow simply aren't complicated enough to make keybinding so massively superior either. Yes, keybinding will see an improvement in performance, but due to the hard limits of wow itself and other factors such as why you play wow in the first place it really is a toss up. Most rotations you can put the buttons next to each other and perform while reading chat and replying to it as you play.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, you're just trolling and have already been asked to stop. So stop.
    Last edited by Myrrar; 2012-12-05 at 01:50 AM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's v-e-r-y tactical.

Keybinding is a lazy way to play, by people who can't click fast enough.
    I just about punched my keyboard. Convinced you're trolling now.

TASTES GREAT!

LESS FILLING!

TASTES GREAT!

LESS FILLING!

Summary of this thread, hopefully some of you are old enough to recognize that line

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OriginalVocalMix View Post
    I just about punched my keyboard. Convinced you're trolling now.
    "Condemnation before investigation, is the highest form of ignorance"
    ~Albert Einstein

It only looks like trolling to you guys, as I'm willing to defend my preference in a den of lions, too oblivious of choices.

10+ Year Old Account
    honestly as i have said before, it all depends on how you memorize your abilities. if you know where everything is then you can reach the "oh shit" cooldown that you need with a twitch of the thumb no matter where it is and then click it. the entire process takes 0.1 seconds to realize what ability is needed and another 0.1 seconds to travel and click. it all depends on how well you know what you are doing.

also just thought of something, keybinds must be hard on altaholics. basically have to relearn what buttons do what when you switch to the one you haven't used in a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    Mess with someone's head enough, you can turn a scared little kid into an all powerful bitch.
    only two things are infinite the universe, and human stupidity,
    and i'm not too sure about the universe -Albert Einstein

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    "Condemnation before investigation, is the highest form of ignorance"
    ~Albert Einstein

It only looks like trolling to you guys, as I'm willing to defend my preference in a den of lions, too oblivious of choices.
    I have investigated, I used to click. It is in no way more tactical than keybinding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OriginalVocalMix View Post
    I have investigated, I used to click. It is in no way more tactical than keybinding.
    point is that typicality is a matter of opinion so can we please drop that flame war?
    Mess with someone's head enough, you can turn a scared little kid into an all powerful bitch.

Finding the cursor when there is a lot of action,spell effects is hard for me. Its like touch typing instead of hunt and pecking.

Keybinding creates muscle memory.

Also when that rogue sneaks up on you its possible to turn 180 instantly instead of a few seconds when keyturning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cmdrcod View Post
    Also when that rogue sneaks up on you its possible to turn 180 instantly instead of a few seconds when keyturning.
    while i can't say too much due to not pvping (simply because i can't wrap my head around the necessities and therefore suck, a lot) i can say that clicking =/= keyboard turning. it is possible to flip with the mouse then click what you need. though like i said before it is a preference thing.

my moral is don't claim your way is better when someone can do it "wrong" and excel

Edit: oh and no that last part is not directed to you i just mean that in general.

Quote Originally Posted by ranku View Post
    while i can't say too much due to not pvping (simply because i can't wrap my head around the necessities and therefore suck, a lot) i can say that clicking =/= keyboard turning. it is possible to flip with the mouse then click what you need. though like i said before it is a preference thing.

my moral is don't claim your way is better when someone can do it "wrong" and excel

Edit: oh and no that last part is not directed to you i just mean that in general.
    Excel:
    1. to surpass others or be superior in some respect or area; do extremely well:
    2. to surpass; be superior to; outdo

You can keyboard turn and stand in fire and still surpass my 2 year old daughter that plays on my account at times. Hell you could click and outperform my 7 year old son on his account. If you want to be superior though you'd have to surpass the world first guilds and I'd love to see one of them come into the thread and state they click and find it superior to keybinding.