Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmatum View Post
    I'm pretty sure violation of airspace like that can be seen as an act of war, it was ignored the first time and the US didn't even get a slap on the wrist.
    Yeah but... what are they going to do about it?

And who is going to slap America on the wrist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    We'd find it hilarious.
    You'd invade Iran.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Aka Pakistan?

---------- Post added 2012-12-05 at 12:28 AM ----------

Thing is, whatever you say, there is no way you can convince me that Iran is as shady and dangerous as Pakistan or Israel, two countries clearly guided by fundamentalism and armed to the teeth.
    There are 4 countries that arent signed up in the non proliferation pact.
    Pakistan Israel India and North Korea. First three NEVER signed up. Fourth withdrawn.
    You can use all your false propaganda, that wont make any of these countries look better than Iran.
    There is one nation in the area and one only that has shown to be ruthless, armed, rich and supported and lemme tell you it sure aint Iran.

If you really want to leave them in peace and sort em out by themselves as someone else said, just pull out your fucking intelligence that's shaping society as they did in a goooood few modern nations over the world and let them sort out.

The USA won't be able to withstand a proper invasion war with a proper nation like Iran.
    Iran isnt Iraq and isn't Afghanistan.
    I don't understand why you people want to get involved in this.
    Just cause Israel tells you to?
    Pakistan has nukes and you better bet the US regrets it because now we have to be nice to them. How do you think bin Laden hiding in their country would have went down if they didn't have nukes. We would have removed their incompetent government. This is why we don't want Iran to get nukes. Iran isnt the most honest country and not one we would want to be forced to cooperate with.

And if you honestly think Iran could hold a flame to the US then your are delusional.

Iraq had a modern military and that lasted 24 hours. We were there for so long because of insurgency and monitor the restructuring of the Iraqi military and government. Afghanistan is still a thing because we are being nice and don't to minimize civilian casualties.

If we were to go to war with Iran we would bomb them back to the stone age in 48 hours. The only thing left to do would be to mop up ground resistance, which would be crippled by that point.

You don't become a world superpower by not knowing how to conduct a war. The US pulls its punches.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Yeah but... what are they going to do about it?

And who is going to slap America on the wrist?
    That's very short sighted of you. When talking about nations you shouldnt be considering your lifespan.
    Your kids and their kids will probably live in the very same nation.
    So yes, now there's nothing no one can do. But that doesn't mean it's staying like this forever. There isn't the need to an actual invasion of the USA territories, cause as I'm sure you know, geopolitical battles on a high scale are fought on paper. Threats basically.

I hope the kind of mentality you have isn't represented politically.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    You'd invade Iran.
    just stop it. our airspace has been breached many times, it was a regular occurrence during the cold war, and surprise surprise, no invasion. but stay classy on the hyperbole

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Pakistan has nukes and you better bet the US regrets it because now we have to be nice to them. How do you think bin Laden hiding in their country would have went down if they didn't have nukes. We would have removed their incompetent government. This is why we don't want Iran to get nukes. Iran isnt the most honest country and not one we would want to be forced to cooperate with.

And if you honestly think Iran could hold a flame to the US then your are delusional.

Iraq had a modern military and that lasted 24 hours. We were there for so long because of insurgency and monitor the restructuring of the Iraqi military and government. Afghanistan is still a thing because we are being nice and don't to minimize civilian casualties.

If we were to go to war with Iran we would bomb them back to the stone age in 48 hours. The only thing left to do would be to mop up ground resistance, which would be crippled by that point.

You don't become a world superpower by not knowing how to conduct a war. The US pulls its punches.
    I don't think you have a clear idea of what Iran is. It isn't by any mean a poor nation. Do you think they'll stand there and watch you use their airspace? Do you think they arent learning from what happened in the area?
    You do know that anti aircraft missile system that replaces the s300 russia didnt sell them is due to be completed in 2013?

There is one thing that the USA army have to face all the time. And that's morale and public opinion in the USA.
    Without that there is no war.
    Think people will still support a war you don't want in a place you don't want to go to protect someone else's business, when airplanes start to drop? Think your government will be happy losing precious planes and pilots?
    Morale is always to be considered.
    And sorry mate by yours is running kinda low after the past few debacles.

Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    just stop it. our airspace has been breached many times, it was a regular occurrence during the cold war, and surprise surprise, no invasion. but stay classy on the hyperbole
    I wish i could find that article in which it states how many times both Russian and American personnel almost triggered the fail-deadly system. I remember one being an American civilian plane being hailed by a Russian military station but since they were using a military frequency they got no answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    I wish i could find that article in which it states how many times both Russian and American personnel almost triggered the fail-deadly system. I remember one being an American civilian plane being hailed by a Russian military station but since they were using a military frequency they got no answer.
    but they didnt end up in war or invade. and ussr would have posed an actual threat, where even supposing iran could get a drone into our airspace they still wouldnt pose a threat.

and while US claims that they werent in iranian airspace might be dubious, they are no more suspect than iran's claims that they were. the number of people willing to take a claim from IRAN of all places at face value is a crystal clear indicator of bias

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I don't think you have a clear idea of what Iran is. It isn't by any mean a poor nation. Do you think they'll stand there and watch you use their airspace? Do you think they arent learning from what happened in the area?
    You do know that anti aircraft missile system that replaces the s300 russia didnt sell them is due to be completed in 2013?

There is one thing that the USA army have to face all the time. And that's morale and public opinion in the USA.
    Without that there is no war.
    Think people will still support a war you don't want in a place you don't want to go to protect someone else's business, when airplanes start to drop? Think your government will be happy losing precious planes and pilots?
    Morale is always to be considered.
    And sorry mate by yours is running kinda low after the past few debacles.
    And I don't you understand how B2s work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by soulcrusher View Post
    can you imagine the reaction of the holier than thou Americans if Iran started flying drones in their airspace.
    Not going to happen in our lifetime. Actually, it would more than likely be never.

but they didnt end up in war or invade. and ussr would have posed an actual threat, where even supposing iran could get a drone into our airspace they still wouldnt pose a threat.

and while US claims that they werent in iranian airspace might be dubious, they are no more suspect than iran's claims that they were. the number of people willing to take a claim from IRAN of all places at face value is a crystal clear indicator of bias
    Why? The US didnt recognize using drone strikes in Somalia or Yemen until recently. When it comes to the use of drones the US has very little credibility.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    You'd invade Iran.
    Would we now? What makes you think we'd invade Iran just because they decided to let us use one of their shitty little planes for target practice?

Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    Why? The US didnt recognize using drone strikes in Somalia or Yemen until recently. When it comes to the use of drones the US has very little credibility.
    i admitted the US claim was dubious. but you find iran's claims credible? seriously?

i admitted the US claim was dubious. but you find iran's claims credible? seriously?
    Iran thinks the West is using a weather weapon ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Iran thinks the West is using a weather weapon ffs.
    not to mention a history of "mistaking" where their borders actually are... always in their favor, weird, huh?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmatum View Post
    If it's true, it's pretty retarded. I don't know why the US would use 'less sophisticated' hardware when they have already been caught with their hand in the cookie jar once. If it is true, maybe they're doing it to try and provoke a reaction, pretty fucked up.

I'm pretty sure violation of airspace like that can be seen as an act of war, it was ignored the first time and the US didn't even get a slap on the wrist. I wonder what now. Maybe they 'lost control' and it 'strayed into Iranian airspace' again.
    the united states employs a wide variety of weapon systems based on the current mission set. the united states didnt get its hand caught, i dont know where thats coming from. the last time they shot at one of our drones, it was in international water. if you had any clue about how this technology really works and how strict the politics behind it are, youd realize the chance of our drone being in their air space is slim to none. so if they attack any of them, or captured one, its definitely an act of war.

the simple fact is, there is nothing wrong with our presence in the gulf. would you rather we not be there so iran is free to do what they please in the region? what would be the benefit if the united states stopped policing the world? who else is going to step in? you kidding me? theres no country in the world that could/would step up to the plate to take over that large of a responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Niroshi View Post
    Consider a different side to the Iran having nukes thing.

Can you actually blame them for wanting nukes? This is something I saw a while back, possibly in the NYT but I'm not positive on that, basically a theory that Iran wants nukes because having nukes means that you are not so easily taken advantage of. They are opposed by a nuclear armed Israel who maintains a well armed traditional force as well. They are also opposed by the United States, an enemy you don't want to have in the world today, and an enemy which has had politicians trying to get the rest of the nation to go to war with Iran since before Bush left office. The United States also has a very well documented history of disrupting the region and trying to impose it's power on middle eastern nations, including Iran. I could totally understand them wanting to have some kind of even footing with the west and the western backed powers. The easiest way to do that would be nuclear weapons, though I don't believe anyone really wants to use them.
    I don't blame Iran for wanting nuclear weapons, even as a deterrence. However, I don't blame Iran's neighbors or anyone else for wanting them to not have nuclear weapons. Theocracies can be hard to predict and are generally not as stable as republics or democracies. Meanwhile the most realistic case isn't that Iran would use nuclear weapons aggressively, but that they would 'lose' bombs or enriched material and it would turn up inside groups seen as terrorist organizations by many places, which would then detonate the dirty bombs inside their territory.

Also, proliferation of nuclear weapons is bad, mmmkay.

15+ Year Old Account
    You know in most of these thread eventually the nuclear issue comes up, which it has here already, and I keep wondering:

How the hell the only country who has ever used the fucking bomb and still has thousands of them gets to be the nuclear bomb police?!
    I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me.
    We are not monsters! We are not the mindless wretches of a ghoul army! NO! We are a force even more terrifying! We are the chill in a coward's spine! We are the instruments of an unyielding ire! WE ARE THE FORSAKEN!
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleo View Post
    You know in most of these thread eventually the nuclear issue comes up, which it has here already, and I keep wondering:

How the hell the only country who has ever used the fucking bomb and still has thousands of them gets to be the nuclear bomb police?!
    UN is the nuclear bomb police. The US is just the only country with enough extra military resources that it has any desire to engage in a foreign war.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleo View Post

We have that authority by dint of our economic power and military dominance. Not rocket surgery.
    When survival is the goal, it's into the spider hole!