Poll: Opinions?

Page 1 of 105
... LastLast
    Deleted

Should father have any say about abortion?

IMHO I find unbelieveably unfair that woman can have an abortion without the consent of the father (ignoring extreme cases like rape ofcourse).
    But then again I'm not really for abortion at all so my opinion might not be the most objective one.
    Women's excuse is that baby is part of their body and they can do what they want with it.

Thoughts?

Deleted
    I think when you're both willing to get pregnant ( the couple )
    They should make an agreement when it comes to abortion or not. If the woman wants one and the man doesent under any circumstances then the guy should just not have children with her. I do think men should have some way in deciding, i just don't know how they would ever make that possible. I guess if abortions were illegal all toghether this wouldn't have been a big issue but then other issues come up wich are also difficult.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Waifu View Post
    I think when you're both willing to get pregnant ( the couple )
    They should make an agreement when it comes to abortion or not. If the woman wants one and the man doesent under any circumstances then the guy should just not have children with her. I do think men should have some way in deciding, i just don't know how they would ever make that possible.
    It's guys fault they were having unprotected sex?! Or for example if woman forgot to take her pills, it's mans fault?
    And why is it so hard to treat father in this case like he's being treated during the divorce process? All things equal mother will usually get the children but the father will have alot of rights aswell. Imagine mother not wanting the child after divorce but she doesn't want the father to have it either so she gives it to some orphnage just because she can. That's the kind of right women have with abortions atm.

Synopsis:

"I don't think abortion should be legal, and I want to make the argument that fathers should be able to say 'NO!' to abortion - it will save the children!"

Do you think fathers should have a say in being able to force abortions as well? I feel like the question works both ways.

Also, I'm leaning towards no - it isn't the father that has to carry the baby for 9 months and give birth. I'm male, btw.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daerio View Post
    Synopsis:

"I don't think abortion should be legal, and I want to make the argument that fathers should be able to say 'NO!' to abortion - it will save the children!"

Do you think fathers should have a say in being able to force abortions as well? I feel like the question works both ways.

Also, I'm leaning towards no - it isn't the father that has to carry the baby for 9 months and give birth. I'm male, btw.
    Yes, if my girlfriend wanted to have an abortion I'd like to be able to say I'm against it and that I would take care of the child myself.

How is that wrong in any way?

It takes 2 people to have a child. 1 person should not decide the fate of that child.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kinda need a 'Yes.. BUT' option in the poll

I said yes, given that it's the father/husband and they're in a commited long term relationship with the women then yes of course, it's just as much their child as it is the womans, and if they're willing to stay and help raise the kid, why shouldn't they have a say say in the decision.

Of course if it's a boyfriend, or a guy that isn't 100% sure that he can be there for the mother and kid, then no, I don't think so.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Undecided. I can see both sides of the coin I guess.

Is it fair to force a woman to carry an unwanted child? No.
    Is it fair to the father to have his child terminated because the mother doesn't want to spend nine months pregnant? No.

There will be those who post in this thread about the sanctity of a woman's choice to do with her body as she pleases.
    There will be others who say that both people entered into the act with the knowledge of what might occur. As such both should have a say.

However, this is a zero sum game. One person gets a choice and another doesn't. Give the mother the choice and the father has none. Give the father the choice, the mother has none. There is no winning here, there is no chance at equality. Life isn't fair.
    I sat alone in the dark one night, tuning in by remote.
    I found a preacher who spoke of the light, but there was Brimstone in his throat.
    He'd show me the way, according to him, in return for my personal check.
    I flipped my channel back to CNN and lit another cigarette.

Quote Originally Posted by scadouche View Post
    It takes 2 people to have a child. 1 person should not decide the fate of that child.
    Basically this. Anyone who argues otherwise is being (at the very least slightly) sexist towards one party or the other.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Umchilli View Post
    It's guys fault they were having unprotected sex?! Or for example if woman forgot to take her pills, it's mans fault?
    And why is it so hard to treat father in this case like he's being treated during the divorce process? All things equal mother will usually get the children but the father will have alot of rights aswell. Imagine mother not wanting the child after divorce but she doesn't want the father to have it either so she gives it to some orphnage just because she can. That's the kind of right women have with abortions atm.
    Where did i say it was the guys fault at any point?

No they shouldn't. It's the woman that has to carry the baby to term, not the man. No man should be able to force a woman to carry a baby to term or have a fetus killed because they don't want to be a father.

inb4 'well women can force men to be a father'

Maybe you should try sleeping with women that are on some form of birth control and have the same views on having children as you do. Also, learn what a condom is, get a vasectomy or don't have sex all together if you're that paranoid.

IMHO I find unbelieveably unfair that woman can have an abortion without the consent of the father
    That's not a humble opinion, it's an arrogant, selfish, immoral opinion.

This is how i see it, 4 options.

They both want to keep the child, no problems.
    They both dont want to keep it, no problems.

The woman wants to keep it and the man doesn't, she should be allowed to, and he should be allowed to sign over all rights/custody and never have to pay child support etc. as she has chosen this for herself.

The man wants to keep it and the woman doesn't, this is where i feel women get a little more say, as they can say they dont want their body to go through 9 months carrying and then delivering the baby. I think if she is willing, then the same thing should happen. Man gets the baby, woman can sign away all rights/custody and never have to pay child support.

As far as im concerned, it should be equal as possible. If a woman decided she wanted to keep a baby, and i didnt, and she chose to anyways, she needs accept it is her sole responsibility now. Same if it was the other way around. No one party should be able to force the others hand, just relinquish their own.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Waifu View Post
    Where did i say it was the guys fault at any point?
    You came across as implying that with you statement 'If the woman wants one and the man doesent under any circumstances then the guy should just not have children with her.' But then again that's just my opinion and how I read, I could be completely wrong about your intentions.

Yes, if my girlfriend wanted to have an abortion I'd like to be able to say I'm against it and that I would take care of the child myself.

How is that wrong in any way?
    It's wrong to force a woman to carry a pregnancy to term if she doesn't want to. That's obvious.

You should probably have talked with said female before hand, and known what her decision was going to be. Maybe once upon a time, when a woman (accidentally or otherwise) got pregnant, it meant she was going to have a baby. Those days are over.

By the same token, if I don't want a child, I would (and have) discussed abortion with females I cared about enough to be involved with, before it came up. I wasn't 'surprised' when something happened.

BTW, why are you getting your girlfriend pregnant anyway? Fornication, and all that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes definitely. The woman should give up all bodily autonomy to some guy that banged her.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

i believe that both should be considered and if one of them before hand say they dont want a baby they shouldn't have to pay child support or have any involvement if the other decides to keep it.

however i want to make it clear before anyone flames me im not talking about deadbeats who are like "oooh dont worry baby ill take care of you" then leave as soon as its born im talking about people who from the minute someone says their pregnant makes it clear they dont want it
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    That's not a humble opinion, it's an arrogant, selfish, immoral opinion.
    Arrogant? Hardly. Selfish? Not any more selfish then a woman having abortion without father's consent. Immoral? I'm not sure you know what that word means.
    Maybe 'humble' shouldn't have been used in that statement, but the statement still stands nonetheless.

10+ Year Old Account
    No , it should be up to woman if shes willing to go thru 10 months that turn her life upside down , possibly leave unrepairable dmg to her body, not mentioning all the pain while actually giving the birth.

Deleted
    You came across as implying that with you statement 'If the woman wants one and the man doesent under any circumstances then the guy should just not have children with her.' But then again that's just my opinion and how I read, I could be completely wrong about your intentions.
    I mean it in the way of a couple, If they're finally ready to have kids but the woman doesent want a child that has any defects(so pro abortion) and the guy is against abortions he shouldn't have kids with her unless she can actually agree on raising a kid that has lets say downsyndrome if it were to have any. if that makes any sense.
    And well maybe if you do have sex with someone when the relationship isn't so deep maybe you should discuss these things before you jump into it! for either side.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesftw View Post
    No , it should be up to woman if shes willing to go thru 10 months that turn her life upside down , possibly leave unrepairable dmg to her body, not mentioning all the pain while actually giving the birth.
    So because of that the father shouldn't have any right on the child? its his too....