Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

BM Hunter Critical Chance

Hello Guys,

I have got an question.
    I find my self with quite a low crit chance and that bothers me since crit is one of the more important stats of an BM hunter.
    I had to respec alot of gear for the expertise and hit cap, and when i look at the gear i can get from dungeons it also isn't alot of gear with crit.

How much crit chance do you guys have, and am i doing something wrong?
    here is my armory link:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...shunter/simple

I know i have to replace some gear, work in progress.

Thanks in advance for reply's.

Greetzzzzz

Deleted
    For starters.

Leatherworking enchant on bracers. 500 Agility
    Critical strike enchant on Back
    You're furiously overcapped in Hit, Switch the Rigid Gem in your pants with a Glinting. Im not sure but otherwise Reforge your Blue trinket from Hit > Crit.

Also your crit rating looks good(7096, compared to my 7195), It's your Agility/gearlevel that is low atm. It will get alot better

You are way over hit capped, time to start reforging some of that hit into Crit. Also, your crit is about average, it isn't low. Tbh, the more crit you get the more other stats start becoming more valuable. I was stacking crit to get as much as possible, problem is most reforging sights and sims are telling me to get more haste/mastery. As it stand now, crit is 0.29 in value and haste/mastery are 1.06+ in value (to give you a scale) at least according to FD. I am still learning, but obviously stacking crit crit crit isn't the way to go at certain ilvls.

I have no idea how you guys end up at like 7k crit rating, I'm 491 ilvl and I don't even have 6k crit o.o...

Deleted
    Yeah, Crit, Haste and Mastery have a very high sinergy as BM, last time I simmed my values before I switched to Surv for good I had them all at the same level.

Quote Originally Posted by mistiq25 View Post
    Hello Guys,

I have got an question.
    I find my self with quite a low crit chance and that bothers me since crit is one of the more important stats of an BM hunter.
    I had to respec alot of gear for the expertise and hit cap, and when i look at the gear i can get from dungeons it also isn't alot of gear with crit.

How much crit chance do you guys have, and am i doing something wrong?
    here is my armory link:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...shunter/simple

I know i have to replace some gear, work in progress.

Thanks in advance for reply's.

Greetzzzzz
    http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/e...oun/larshunter <-go there, click optimize.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    I have no idea how you guys end up at like 7k crit rating, I'm 491 ilvl and I don't even have 6k crit o.o...
    I can't resist whenever i see posts like this.
    Neck: Mastery > Hit
    Shoulders: Mastery > Hit
    Back: Haste > Crit
    Painful Thorned Ring : Mastery > Crit

Should give you 6330 Crit atleast. While losing minor mastery.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Prioritize Crit over everything (except agility, obviously). Hit and Expertise caps are very easy to reach with reforges. I personally have 8670 crit rating at 496 ilvl.

Quote Originally Posted by Kluddesu View Post
    I can't resist whenever i see posts like this.
    Neck: Mastery > Hit
    Shoulders: Mastery > Hit
    Back: Haste > Crit
    Painful Thorned Ring : Mastery > Crit

Should give you 6330 Crit atleast. While losing minor mastery.
    Thanks... I usually set up Wowreforge to get me just at the cap without losing too much secondary stats. I bet wowreforge would freak out with me being 26 over hit cap lol.

I want to join the horrible crit rating club!

5575. I want new gear.

Since someone mentioned optimizing your gear already with reforging, I will bring up a few things:

- You are way over hit cap (7.5%hit 7.5%exp is where we want to sit at, so roughly 2550 per stat)
    - With so much hit, it's not worth putting more hit there. Instead, pump 3 agility gems there and blow the bonus
    - Don't go for socket bonuses that aren't beneficial: If the socket bonus is for expertise and you're capped, put an agility gem instead.
    - It's showing that you're missing an enchant to bracers: Use your LW skill to put one up.
    - You're missing a cloak enchant: +180 Critical strike (Superior Critical Strike)
    - I would start farming Scholo to see if you can grab the Searing Words trinket: http://www.wowhead.com/item=81267/searing-words.
    It drops off the last boss in the heroic.

I currently have: Crit 21.56% (6675), although I have a lot of nice pieces.
    If you want to take a look: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...berry/advanced

Hope that helps!

---------- Post added 2012-12-04 at 03:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Aphorism View Post
    5575. I want new gear.
    You have such nice gear though (and a panda with cute xmog)! >.<
    Last edited by Beebeey; 2012-12-04 at 08:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Priestiality View Post
    Please don't.

http://wowreforge.com/EU/Auchindoun/Larshunter

Change the gem in your pants to glinting and then hit optimize. You will get better stats from this site.

Using pure agi gems in your belt (adding crit enchant and keeping enchants on wowreforge), mr robot gives him

6390 crit
    1491 haste
    2509 mastery

wowreforge gives him

7039 crit
    982 haste
    2317 mastery

A 649 difference in crit rating in favor of wowreforge
    A 509 difference in haste rating in favor of mr robot
    A 192 difference in mastery rating in favor of mr robot

So with mr robot you are trading 649 crit for 701 haste/mastery (both lesser stats) which isn't worth it. Wowreforge will give you 649 crit at the cost of 701 haste/mastery and since crit is valued higher than both of them, it's better even though there is a 52 point difference.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    Please don't.
    http://wowreforge.com/EU/Auchindoun/Larshunter

Change the gem in your pants to glinting and then hit optimize. You will get better stats from this site.

Using pure agi gems in your belt (adding crit enchant and keeping enchants on wowreforge), mr robot gives him

6390 crit
    1491 haste
    2509 mastery

wowreforge gives him

7039 crit
    982 haste
    2317 mastery

A 649 difference in crit rating in favor of wowreforge
    A 509 difference in haste rating in favor of mr robot
    A 192 difference in mastery rating in favor of mr robot

So with mr robot you are trading 649 crit for 701 haste/mastery (both lesser stats) which isn't worth it. Wowreforge will give you 649 crit at the cost of 701 haste/mastery and since crit is valued higher than both of them, it's better even though there is a 52 point difference.
    I didn't even catch that someone linked mrrobot. Wowreforge is so much better.

At 496 ilvl I also only have like 5.6k crit. A lot of the raid gear is lacking native crit on it. And a lot of the agi pieces in MSV (neck off H-Kings, cloak off H-Feng, belt off H-Garajal, helm off H-Will, all of which I'm wearing) have no crit on them - they're upgrades because of the agility, but that's about it. Crit pieces in MSV include the bracers/chest off Stone Guard, ring off Feng, legs off 4K, bow off Will.

Personally, I'm looking forward to clearing H-HoF, that's where we get some of the crit heavy pieces - cloak off Garalon, neck off Blade Lord, our tier chest, our tier hands, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    At 496 ilvl I also only have like 5.6k crit. A lot of the raid gear is lacking native crit on it. And a lot of the agi pieces in MSV (neck off H-Kings, cloak off H-Feng, belt off H-Garajal, helm off H-Will, all of which I'm wearing) have no crit on them - they're upgrades because of the agility, but that's about it. Crit pieces in MSV include the bracers/chest off Stone Guard, ring off Feng, legs off 4K, bow off Will.

Personally, I'm looking forward to clearing H-HoF, that's where we get some of the crit heavy pieces - cloak off Garalon, neck off Blade Lord, our tier chest, our tier hands, etc.
    you can get nearly every piece with crit on it if you want.... i think only my teir legs lack crit..

i just hate when wow reforge wants you to reforge out of crit.
    Last edited by Nemesis003; 2012-12-05 at 06:08 AM.

You do often not have a choice due to higher ilvl > second stat choice.
    But in general try and follow these item choice rules:
    1. avoid mastery + haste gear
    2. get crit + X gear
    3. if 1./2. not possible, reforge to crit. Always.
    Hit/exp should still be reachable, due to it being on the items natively and reforging to it from the items of type 2.

There is defenetly to much gear without crit on it in raids. My crit went down from nearly 8k rating down to 6k when replacing my starter raid gear with raidgear.

Guys, i 'simple' question: What trinket should i use? Jade Bandit Figurine or Zen Alchemyst Stone 1/1 upgrade ? Im trying to decide which one i ll par with my LFR Bottle of Infinite Stars...

Or, just link me where i could find the right DPS any trinket provide...

tks.

" So much lost time... that you'll never get back!"....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphorism View Post

5575. I want new gear.

Let me in, let me in!
    5376. ilvl 482.

reforges done by wowreforge.com, didn't help with that gear

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis003 View Post
    you can get nearly every piece with crit on it if you want.... i think only my teir legs lack crit..

i just hate when wow reforge wants you to reforge out of crit.
    You *can*. But the way progression is right now, you're going to be getting a lot of haste and hit/expertise items to reforge out of in MSV, which is where progression starts. And 502 H-MSV gear will be better due to the higher agility than 496 normal H-HoF gear, so hunters have to deal with it til they start clearing H-HoF. I think the three of us who posted about 5.5kish crit are right in that range 4-8/16H, where we're getting H-MSV gear (which is poorly itemized) but haven't yet replaced it with H-tier/H-HoF gear.

6268 crit here... Dropped a huge amount when I got my 4 piece. Had 7k+ before that.

http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items...626.76614&l=85

I lost 1643 crit before refores >.>
    Last edited by Tehstool; 2012-12-05 at 09:27 AM.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart