PC issues running Farcry 3

Hello everyone,

I don't know if my outdated PC is actually having big trouble with this game, or it's really poorly optimized at the moment.

My specs -

Intel i5 750
    Gigabyte P55-UD3
    4GB ram
    Radeon 6850

I'm playing FC3 on 'low' with a comfortable FPS rate

Is the game really that gorgeous, or is my PC getting old?

Also, anyone got any tweaks that would rise my FPS without much of a graphic loss?

Try getting the latest (beta) driver for your GFX card.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Deleted
    I really dont know,I have a kickass nuclearplant for a pc and it goes nicely.
    My friend has a reasonably good pc and it stutters to hell for him.

I think it's an optimization problem.Got lots better with 1.01 patch+new driver,but it's still not the end of it.

It's gorgeous, but you should be doing better than that with those specs.
    I'm running on;

Intel Core i5 2500K (OC'd)
    Corsair Vengeance 8GB
    Radeon 4870

I'm running most settings on low, with Texture and Terrain quality on medium with 60 FPS steady.

What I did hear though, is that Far Cry 3 performance can be improved by a fair margin with a better CPU. Since I have a better CPU than you do, that might be the cause.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Try getting the latest (beta) driver for your GFX card.
    Shortly after making this thread I got the beta drivers and it really helped my FPS but I'm still only playing 'low' with a nice steady FPS, even pushing medium gives me issues.

I mean, it still looks gorgeous on 'low' but I wanted to push medium

If you are comfortable with it, you could try a graphics card overclock, Im an nVidia man myself so i dont know any good utilities for you but I guess google is your best friend. Ram upgrade might help a bit, you can Never have too much ram!

Quote Originally Posted by 7h3R3ap3r View Post
    If you are comfortable with it, you could try a graphics card overclock, Im an nVidia man myself so i dont know any good utilities for you but I guess google is your best friend. Ram upgrade might help a bit, you can Never have too much ram!
    Pretty much everybody uses Afterburner

Deleted
    People report the game as excessively demanding.

Last edited by mmoc7c6c75675f; 2012-12-05 at 10:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    People report the game as excessively demanding.

~Snip~
    Ah I see, I think I should upgrade my PC by quite a lot. Now all I need is cash to actually do that!

Oh well, thanks anyways everyone!