Page 1 of 16
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

[GW2] Time Magazine ranked GW2 #1 Top Video Game of 2012

Valar morghulis

That's a damn respectable top 10 games list. Yay for GW2 though : )

GW2 is a brilliant game! Playing since launch and I am having the same feelings as I used to have 7 years ago when i started wow.
    But you do have to learn to enjoy GW2 by trying different weapons, professions, combinations and of course weapon swapping is a must to give you more buttons to press.

LOL always nice when people NEED to post stuff to try and assert a videogames position. personally, theres a heap of other games that are higher. and of course, Time magazine know the pulse of gamers /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by InfiniteRetro View Post
    LOL ...Time magazine know the pulse of gamers /s
    Oh, for sure. But being on Time's Best of 2012 just put it under a Massive amount of Christmas trees ;-)
    Valar morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    Oh, for sure. But being on Time's Best of 2012 just put it under a Massive amount of Christmas trees ;-)
    yeh that'll be one of the presents that gets returned not long after. "keep the receipt!"

Post productively, you know the rules by now. Infracted. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2012-12-05 at 04:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeh that'll be one of the presents that gets returned not long after. "keep the receipt!"
    grumpy old man you are

Funniest thing is tbh, the fact that TL2 is listed ... and Diablo 3 isn't
    it's a good list with great games, normally i don't quite agree with lists but this one comes close to the truth for me
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

Deleted
    Boy, you should check in with your housedoctor, i fear all this anger could have lasting consequences for your health.

Deleted
    List is pretty good, while I could argue if GW2 deserves the first spot, the fact that author didn't list Diablo3 is proof he actually knows what he is writing about.

We may not all love GW2 equally much, but we all hate D3 about as much

The notorious D3 hate is THE today's gamers' evidence of incapacity and shortcomings for the year 2012. Pathetic.

Gongrats to GW2 and the other great games on that list.
    Diablo 3 isn't there (for a good reason, TL2 is way better anyway imo) and Blizz fanbois are hating. Don't mind em.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Nest View Post
    Blizz fanbois are hating.
    Actually, D3 haters are hating. Yes?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nest View Post
    Gongrats to GW2 and the other great games on that list.
    Diablo 3 isn't there (for a good reason, TL2 is way better anyway imo) and Blizz fanbois are hating. Don't mind em.
    Umm I blizz fanboy and I hated D3 with a passion. Games of the year are so subjective, its hardly thread worthy but well done, it really makes no difference in the grand scheme of things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    So do you just have a feed showing you all the articles written about GW2 across the internet? =D
    Lol, it sure seems that way, think there should be a sticky thread for Karizee to post all his GW2 number 1 game on... :P This isnt an attack on karizee btw, hes very enthusiastic about others opinion on GW2 is all :P
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2012-12-05 at 01:23 PM.

Can't really return it considering it's MMO has that a one time use code.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    It's really easy to get a refund, actually.
    If you bought it digitally yes. Considering we were talking about Christmas gifts, and the type of people who would use Time Magazine to get ideas for Video Game presents, I'm assuming physical copies, which as far as I know, would not be easy to get a refund for.

Time magazine: the gold standard of video game analysis, amirite?

Can't say I'm not surprised at the backlash. Gamers and their opinions!

Anyways, respectable list. Also shocked at the quality in their music list, too. Swans on a mainstream magazine list?!

Deleted
    Even though I quit GW2 after a week or so after reaching max level, the leveling experience/world alone well justifies what I paid for the game (And I can return to it whenever I feel like it too if there is some new content). I would also rate it as one of the best games this year.