Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Mists of Pandaria daily quests have shown that competing with other players for mob tagging and such is not fun. You should be excited when there are other players around, not grumpy! Blizzard is still actively looking for a solution to make it a nice thing to have other people around.
    Holy shit Ghostcrawler, you must be a genius !

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    X boss has a chance of dropping Y.
    Y doesn't drop, Y doesn't drop, Y doesn't drop.
    Y DROPS!
    Y is rolled on by 4 people who need it and 3 who just Need because they have had items "stolen" from them before.
    In the end, you don't get shit.
    ___
    Every boss has a chance of "dropping" all items.
    Gold. Gold. Gold. Item!
    No loot drama.

I am amazed how quickly players forget how awful the old LFR loot system was. These posts using sad arguments about "we could trade!"
    Yeah, but apparently you've chosen to ignore all the times you had loot taken by someone who rolled just to be an asshole.

And that's why arguments about the new system being objectively worse is simply wrong. The new system completely removed the factor of how many people that could roll on "your" items (oh, what's that? people have forgotten?)
    I remember dropping LFRs because there was "too many" who could roll on "my" tier token.
    I've dropped Madness runs because there was more hunters than me.

The old system was retarded. And apparently your brain has done a good job of making up some bogus on how it was still better than the new system.
    You're not getting less loot on average. If you are, you're unlucky. I've had items I've needed desperately for weeks disenchanted in front of me, but that can't happen now. Only thing that decides now is not other players, but the random loot distributor. And that's the system that should be used in an unorganised cross-realm clusterfuck
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2012-12-05 at 03:13 PM.

i dont know where they got there info but i only made alts for classes i wanted to play not because i ran out of stuff to do on my main. thus i only have 2 or 3 classes i play.

Quote Originally Posted by theniffrig View Post
    Well I quit the game nearly 2 months ago for alot of the reasons he mentions:
    -Too many dailies = daily burnout
    -Mob Tagging is stupid for daily quests.
    -Random players VS. Full pre-mades isn't fun for randoms.
    -Talents are very boring (main is a rogue)
    -PvP balance was really bad (again my main was a rogue)

I still follow the game, it's why I'm on this site. But 5.1 didn't do nearly enough to bring my sub back. If they fix everything he mentions here in 5.2 I might re-sub.
    - Optional
    - Optional
    - Optional
    - Optional (reroll)
    - Optional

See! Look, everything you hate is optional! This game is perfect as the daily quest lovers say!

/s

---------- Post added 2012-12-05 at 10:24 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    It's comments like this that make me think blizzard employees like GS are so out of touch with players they have to be high all the time.

The game has been around for 8 or so years and they just now think there is a mob tagging problem and just now think it's not fun.

What I would give for a chance to smack him in the back of the head and yell, "WTH is wrong with you!"
    This is nothing new. Since GC came on board they think that new expansions are great places to scratch great old ideas and implement new awful ones. Then the traditional backpeddling ensues after a few months when subs/interest drops a ton.

You'd think a college educated person would understand the cycle that they are perpetuating but I'm clearly giving GC too much credit. The man is an idiot.
    Last edited by ihyln; 2012-12-05 at 03:25 PM.

Lol I see whining about mob tagging? Really? New to the game or what? Hit the damn thing with an instant cast, a taunt, always worked that way and always will. I'm glad they are looking to tweak pvp and talents overall. I agree LFR loot system could use some attention. 25m and 10m difficulty gap reduced? Yeah, but still quite not there yet.

Quote Originally Posted by ihyln View Post
    - Optional
    - Optional
    - Optional
    - Optional (reroll)
    - Optional

See! Look, everything you hate is optional! This game is perfect as the daily quest lovers say!

/s[COLOR="red"]
    Dailes are optional after you hit Revered. Up until then you NEED to do them to gain access to the Valor items. Of course technically you don't NEED anything in the game but if there was anything in the game that could be described as something you NEED it would be the gear that you use valor to buy. If you don't unlock revered you run out of things to buy with Valor very fast. If you have nothing to buy with Valor then you stop seeking it then what? Do you fish all day?

Would be awesome if there was a setting in profile that you can use to hide all Curse and Curse related news, recently it's been taking a lot of space in each daily post..

Patch 5.2 is going to take a look at what talents are very popular or very unpopular and try and bring them back in line. Overall though, the new talent system is working out well. Ideally there should be at least two talent choices per tier that are good, if not three.

Here is a suggestion how about take the new and the old talent tree and combining them at one, have the point system from the old talent tree for the in between the levels and have the new one as per level required. Its not that I am enjoying the new talent tree its to has something different from the rest of the mmos out there.

A few more suggestions that I would like to bring are the personal bank need more space I would like to see this increase, and well rep in my opinion sure be like the achievements account wide. Its not that don't like doing the grind on one character but after a while it come bothersome on doing it on other characters

PvP
    PvP will never be perfectly balanced, but it can be balanced enough to be fun and fair. The balance in Mists of Pandaria is beyond bad.

Resil will fix it. Moar resil.

Many of the changes in Patch 5.1 were to address issues of PvP balance, and most didn't have a big impact on PvE or PvP.
    Fixed pvp part by removing lies and pointless bits

This interview would be funny if it weren't so fucking sad.

In these brief glimmers of transparency you get hope for the future and that you can come back and actually enjoy the game with your friends instead of it being a soul crushing experience of faux "effort".

Then you go and read GC's Twitter feed and realise the entire team from top to bottom are a bunch of incompetent fucks.

GG GC.

Quote Originally Posted by sliceurface111 View Post
    how can you say the talents are boring, when you play for 2 weeks of new content and hardly put them to use?
    http://www.wowhead.com/talent#r|

The only exciting talents are prep, shadowstep, and shuriken throw. Putting prep and shadowstep there is a massive nerf. Shuriken throw is the only one both new and exciting.

You can make a side case for paralytic poison / prey on the weak, but even the mechanically powerful nerve strike is still hard to call exciting. And every tier here except the last one composes some old rogue power you have to give up.

PVP will always be unbalanced it even says that in the posts.
    No class has ever been in as bad a position as 5.0 rogues. There's a difference between unbalanced and utterly fucking gutted. 5.1 rogues are a bit stronger, but time will tell whether they can pull out of "worst repped class in wow history".

you can't just jump to a conclusion after 2 weeks, unless you played this all day everyday...
    Seriously, go look at those talents.
    Last edited by Verain; 2012-12-05 at 04:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    Seriously, go look at those talents.
    Personally I'm loving the talent trees for my classes. Rogues are lackluster. But then again I haven't been interested in rogues in a long time.

The new talent system, all in all, is a success.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

If only there had been a system in place that let players earn reputation in alternative ways. Some kind of item, so you could get rep by 'working' for a faction. Some sort of tabard you could wear perhaps? Nah, Moar quest hubs!

10+ Year Old Account
    Patch 5.2 is going to take a look at what talents are very popular or very unpopular and try and bring them back in line. Overall though, the new talent system is working out well. Ideally there should be at least two talent choices per tier that are good, if not three.

^ So they will nerf good skills to put them on pair with bad ones. That is the blizzard way :]

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    X boss has a chance of dropping Y.
    Y doesn't drop, Y doesn't drop, Y doesn't drop.
    Y DROPS!
    Y is rolled on by 4 people who need it and 3 who just Need because they have had items "stolen" from them before.
    In the end, you don't get shit.
    ___
    Every boss has a chance of "dropping" all items.
    Gold. Gold. Gold. Item!
    No loot drama.

I am amazed how quickly players forget how awful the old LFR loot system was. These posts using sad arguments about "we could trade!"
    Yeah, but apparently you've chosen to ignore all the times you had loot taken by someone who rolled just to be an asshole.

And that's why arguments about the new system being objectively worse is simply wrong. The new system completely removed the factor of how many people that could roll on "your" items (oh, what's that? people have forgotten?)
    I remember dropping LFRs because there was "too many" who could roll on "my" tier token.
    I've dropped Madness runs because there was more hunters than me.

The old system was retarded. And apparently your brain has done a good job of making up some bogus on how it was still better than the new system.
    You're not getting less loot on average. If you are, you're unlucky. I've had items I've needed desperately for weeks disenchanted in front of me, but that can't happen now. Only thing that decides now is not other players, but the random loot distributor. And that's the system that should be used in an unorganised cross-realm clusterfuck
    The old system was bad - but it doesn't make the new system any good.

WOW is not black and white like LFR system makes it look like. Many classes can use items that dont fit exactly the spec you are in the raid. For example - healers that dont need anything anymore from LFR are forced to go in LFR as DPS to increase their dps for Brawlers Guild. At the same time there are long queues because healers are needed in LFR....

Thats just one example of how this new system actually makes the game WORSE than what it should be. We are now seeing the least amount of hybrid classes beeing played in ANY expansion. Most of it has to do with the fact that you are not rewarded as playing hybrid.

http://www.warcraftrealms.com/census.php?serverid=-1

I blame the current LFR system 100% for this - and it will get much worse the longer this goes on. Noone is asking for best gear in the game. Healers and tanks need dps items to do Brawlers guild and they also need items to make daily questing less painfull. If all players go DPS because of this - then the ques will become endless - so this LFR loot system does not work.

All of this is very easy to fix. You give ppl the choise of what items they take from each boss. If they win - they get a list of items ... and they pick one. This also reduces the randomness of the system and doesn't make ppl ragequit after every week.
    Last edited by duster2; 2012-12-05 at 04:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darqhur View Post
    If only there had been a system in place that let players earn reputation in alternative ways. Some kind of item, so you could get rep by 'working' for a faction. Some sort of tabard you could wear perhaps? Nah, Moar quest hubs!
    Unfortunately the tabard system led to naught but faster burnouts and handling out too much reward for one repetitive task, i.e dungeons
    It's not coming back, but as mentioned they're looking for alternatives that doesn't funnel players into a single area.

^ So they will nerf good skills to put them on pair with bad ones. That is the blizzard way :]
    don't forgot about making you play that crappy spec you hate since the one you loved became crap, *cough* 4.3 Warrior *cough*
    Last edited by Korru; 2012-12-05 at 04:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by duster2 View Post
    All of this is very easy to fix. You give ppl the choise of what items they take from each boss. If they win - they get a list of items ... and they pick one. This also reduces the randomness of the system and doesn't make ppl ragequit after every week.
    They don't WANT to reduce the loot randomness. And letting people choose? What would this lead to other than picking the items you need (and of course in a set order from best to "worst" upgrade) and then stopping?

Like it or not, LFR is a tool for longevity using randomness, and they're not taking that factor out soon

Quote Originally Posted by Korru View Post
    don't forgot about making you play that crappy spec you hate since the one you loved became crap, *cough* 4.3 Warrior *cough*
    Ye thats also true. I feel very strongly about this one spec drop system cause I think it could do soo much damage to the game in very short time. If we loose the hybrid classes out of the game or they all go dps now to do Brawlers guild (that is without a doubt based on DPS gear progression) then not only will LFR and LFD end up with lack of tank and healing roles.. but even normal raids will suffer.

This system discourages ppl to try other specs. DPS players might do few LFR as healers or tanks if they had gear. They will NEVER do it in 463 gear or worse. And they will NEVER buy healing or tanking gear for Valor.

This new loot system creates MORE unbalance than ever before in the game. This gets blown up even more with new systems like ilvl for valor and then more need for higher DPS gear with Brawlers guild and endless number of dailies.

For me - BLizzard has failed horribly this expansion to create balanced - fair and rewarding system for all roles. If the game was balanced based on roles ppl would not need to stand in queues for half an hour. The CURRENT LFR system is increasing this unbalance. And it will only get worse.

Deleted
    wish you could remove that pic of ghostcrawler its so irritating hes like the wow version of justin bieber