Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Any ideas When the patch for the Extra action bars go's live? Just having the one bar Really put me off the other day.

Quote Originally Posted by holybud View Post
    Any ideas When the patch for the Extra action bars go's live? Just having the one bar Really put me off the other day.
    what do you mean 1? You are supposed to have 2.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Odegon View Post
    what do you mean 1? You are supposed to have 2.
    Yeah you should already have two on live. It never launched with just one.

Do you have to enable the second one in options somewhere? Maybe he missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Yes, though I don't remember specifically how at the moment. I think it's in the UI editor, though.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    You enable it through the extended bar selection, which you can bring up by pressing the little cross icon on the left of the current bar. There's a bug where, sometimes, the second bar doesn't show up right away, or at all, that requires a restart, but otherwise it should open up just fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    where do you get the xp boosts from quests? is that only on starting areas? and can they be traded?

because i have not seen any at all...
    Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    Mess with someone's head enough, you can turn a scared little kid into an all powerful bitch.
    only two things are infinite the universe, and human stupidity,
    and i'm not too sure about the universe -Albert Einstein

Deleted
    What's the difference between reviving in the field and the alternative (what is the alternative)? Do your items take damage like in WoW?

Is there any estimate of how large the XP nerf after level 10?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by econ21 View Post
    What's the difference between reviving in the field and the alternative (what is the alternative)? Do your items take damage like in WoW?

The alternative is respawning back at the nearest medical droid, yes you still lose durabilty on your items...The plus point with this is you can repair there and then, sell items you don't want and restock on stims and medpacks, the down side is you have to get back to where you died and whilst it is usually not too far you may have to fight your way through a stack of mobs again.
    Sorry not sure about the xp nerf, I may have some info soon as I'm leveling with my son - me subbed and him preferrd status so we'll see how that goes.
    -------
    Added later
    Just had a thought...the xp boosts you can aquire are +25% xp so it wouldn't surprise me if the xp nerf for non subscribers is about that....it would tie in with the amout of xp gained by myself and my son on an Esselles run last night, only guessing though.
    Last edited by mmoc53c2ae6845; 2012-12-03 at 02:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noujou View Post
    i was a beta tester for SWTOR...got the CE and that jazz...was really excited about it going to F2P...havn't touched it since, thanks to this terribad f2p model :/
    ^
    Sadly agree 100% with this.
    I downloaded it again, without reading up what would happen in F2P.
    I'm ashamed of spending money for this.
    Honestly went to a bad cause.

Bet other F2P companies follow this absolute trash attempt at F2P MMO's and it will just cause problems for all of us.
    Yey -_-
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by econ21 View Post

Bolv's explanation was good, but since you seem to relate to WoW terms I'll give you this addition:

Reviving in the field is like running from the graveyard to your body where you died, except it is instant. You get to come back up exactly where you left off.

Reviving at a Med Center is like having to rez yourself at the Graveyard. So essentially you have to run all the way back where you were, kill any mobs that have respawned, and then try to finish your quest. It's not fun. Though sometimes it's a nice way to cheese your way back out of an area to turn in quests, instead of killing your way out.

Deleted
    Thanks for the answers - I got a JK to level 50 back in the day, but don't recall the Med Center option; I guess I always rezzed where I died. If the Med Center had something like resurrection sickness or increased repair costs, it would be rather punitive not to be able to rez in the field. If it's just coping with respawns etc, then I'd cope.

A 25% XP penalty does not sound too bad - I leveled way too fast on my JK. A 200% penalty or some such, so that you had to mindlessly kill 100s of boars would be a deal breaker.

Preferred now have 4 hotbars as of today's patch 1.5.2.

GTN slots are still borked at 2. :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by efsunshine View Post
    Preferred now have 4 hotbars as of today's patch 1.5.2.
    Thanks for the update. I have updated the language on the first page to reflect that.

I had bought one quickbar unlock earlier.
    So I had 3 when the patch hit today, and I'm also on 4 now.

Unless I'm fucking blind (and cant see the 5th bar in the UI Editor) or there is a hidden option to unlock the 5th one, they basically "stole" one unlock from me.
    Not really complaining since 4 is better than 3, but it still leaves a bit of a bitter taste of having wasted an unlock.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zocat View Post

Unless I'm fucking blind (and cant see the 5th bar in the UI Editor) or there is a hidden option to unlock the 5th one, they basically "stole" one unlock from me.
    Not really complaining since 4 is better than 3, but it still leaves a bit of a bitter taste of having wasted an unlock.
    Did they possibly refund the item back to your inventory? Also, it might need to be enabled in the UI ediot or the preferences.

If none of that proves true, contact them via the only way F2P can and maybe they will help. Let us know what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Zocat View Post

Hello,

I am an old player who has bought this game at launch. I like the game but the lack of updates and buggs resulted in my leave of swtor in summer. With the launch of f2p I subscribed and started playing again. I said myself even if there is not enough new game content I can unsub and wait for them as a preferred player, leveling my alts, playing the story, between content updates. I even bought some unlocks from gtn.

Then I read this in a swtor forum:
    Unless I'm blind (and cant see the 5th bar in the UI Editor) or there is a hidden option to unlock the 5th one, they basically "stole" one unlock from me.

I looked at this and said:
    Wait a minute. This lookes exremely suspicious as if some programmer did not track the unlocks separately and just written all at the same location.
    I lifted my eyebrow:
    Nah noone can be that Bioware. But if it happens here it may happen with all the unlocks.

A f2p player buys some unlocks. Later likes the game so much that she buys a one month subscription. At the end of the month her subscription ends. And surprise surprise, all her previous unlocks that she bought with cartel coins have vanished.

Bioware please tell us that the scenario above will not happen. You can't be that Bioware.

Thanks for reading.

Note: Now I have some action bar unlocks in my inventory which are 100% useless to me please take them back and refund those cartel coins.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=566657

^The above scenario is what I am afraid of. I was going to buy a few unlocks the other day i.e. more storage, but decided to wait and see. I'll likely amass as much credits as I can, pay for a one month sub and unlock those things with in game credits. I really don't want to find myself in a situation where I spend all these cartel coins as preferred, sub and then when I stop subbing lose everything I bought previously with cartel coins. If I played as much as I used to like I did with WoW, I'd drop money for a sub and not worry about things. My days of sinking insane amount of hours in a mmo are pretty much over. BW/EA's just really clumsy with their F2P rollout, and while I don't regret dropping some cash in the cash shop...stuff like what Zocat's describing does not exactly inspire confidence in their ability to do right by you as a freemium player.

Anyways, some practical questions:

1. If I'm all I'm doing is story, general questing, the odd e-z mode instance here and there...I shouldn't need the Artifact Gear license correct? (I don't understand putting this behind a pay wall...I view it as gimping your entire community's ability to do substantive grouping, but that's different topic.)

2. I'm trying to get my head around the whole orange gear concept. Adaptive gear = custom gear? And as long as I upgrade the mods inside them, they'll stay relevant while I level?

Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by efsunshine View Post
    1. If I'm all I'm doing is story, general questing, the odd e-z mode instance here and there...I shouldn't need the Artifact Gear license correct? (I don't understand putting this behind a pay wall...I view it as gimping your entire community's ability to do substantive grouping, but that's different topic.)

2. I'm trying to get my head around the whole orange gear concept. Adaptive gear = custom gear? And as long as I upgrade the mods inside them, they'll stay relevant while I level?

Thanks!
    1) You won't *need* it, no. However, none of the mods in your gear or the gear itself can be artifact (purple). I would hope this does not translate to high end Orange gear as well, since I think it is based on the mods inside and not the shell in that case. I can't confirm, since I'm not free yet.

Additionally, a lot of the Hard Modes and possibly the newer normal modes might reward Artifact gear and definitely reward commendations for Artifact gear. If you honestly don't care about gear, it shouldn't be a problem, but I will warn you that you might run across people who are rude because of no purples. So the answer is no, it doesn't *really* matter, but giving you all the info up front.

2) Yes. Orange gear is essentially a different system of transmog. You get to wear what you want, but you can keep putting better stats inside of the gear to keep it at your level. Most planet quests give commendations that will buy you the mods, armorings, etc to go inside the gear. Though there are restrictions on the commendations unfortunately. (Missed this first time - adaptive just changes to match your armor type as the below poster mentioned)

Also, some professions make the mods that go in orange gear and are normally available on the GTN. If you are planning on benig preferred you will be able to gather and craft the normal level mods to be self sufficient for the most part.
    Last edited by Kelimbror; 2012-12-05 at 06:44 PM.

Odgeon:
    Thanks for making that post!

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Did they possibly refund the item back to your inventory? Also, it might need to be enabled in the UI ediot or the preferences.

If none of that proves true, contact them via the only way F2P can and maybe they will help. Let us know what happens.
    Not in inventory, and as I said in the UI editor there is no red (disabled) bar 5 which I can see. I also dont think there's an option in the normal preferences (or I cannot find one).

And as I said - I'm not too concerned/angry. They just gave me a 4th bar for free
    Oh, maybe I should mention that I bought it via the GTN. Maybe the initial buyer has gotten a refund I dont know.

On the other topics:
    1) If you want to level to 50 and then quit there, it's completely fine without artifact gear. I wouldnt advice you to PvP though
    Normal mode instances should also be no problem though you cannot wear the loot - but you can experience them.

2) Orange gear = custom gear, yes. Adaptive gear is a special case of orange gear which also adapts to your armor type (light, medium, heavy).