Deal with orange gems?

(sorry for title, meant legendary gems, as orange-colored gems do exist)

Hey all,

So I have this +500 Strength gem. I also have this 483 sword with a sha-touched socket. As I understand it, when you progress further in the Legendary quest line, you can upgrade your gem to +550 stat. I also think my guild won't be raiding anytime soon, so I want to pop that gem into my LFR weapon. Question is, is there any way to take it out once socketed (In case I somehow end up with a 496 weapon, or I want to switch specs that uses a different weapon)? Can we obtain the +550 stat upgrade if the gem is still socketed?

No, There is no way to take out a socketed gem and never has been...outside of just placing a new gem in there. As far as I know the stats only go to 500+ Right now, But if your weapon is from Terrace then yes definately put it in there.

You cannot enter normal Terrace until you have cleared the full 6/6 of Heart of Fear first. So normal Terrace might be a ways away. As for getting ANOTHER legendary gem? That costs 10k Gold.

Ah, so I take it the +550's aren't live yet?

In any case, Thanks, that was the answer that I was looking for --- 10k for another gem. Serious coin but understandably so.

Quote Originally Posted by wooootles View Post
    (sorry for title, meant legendary gems, as orange-colored gems do exist)

Hey all,

So I have this +500 Strength gem. I also have this 483 sword with a sha-touched socket. As I understand it, when you progress further in the Legendary quest line, you can upgrade your gem to +550 stat. I also think my guild won't be raiding anytime soon, so I want to pop that gem into my LFR weapon. Question is, is there any way to take it out once socketed (In case I somehow end up with a 496 weapon, or I want to switch specs that uses a different weapon)? Can we obtain the +550 stat upgrade if the gem is still socketed?
    Someone on another thread posted that you can buy another gem for like 10k or something. And someone posted that too up a little way.

Quote Originally Posted by wooootles View Post
    Ah, so I take it the +550's aren't live yet?
    We'll know in a few weeks. You need to earn 6k VP to complete the 5.1 legendary quest.

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    Someone on another thread posted that you can buy another gem for like 10k or something. And someone posted that too up a little way.
    if theres a gold cost why not stop us collecting a certain sigil once we got 10 of that kind?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    if theres a gold cost why not stop us collecting a certain sigil once we got 10 of that kind?
    Not after you turn in the quest though, so anything past 10 sigils is actually pointless.