10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Galil ACE View Post
    This is one of the few shows you are meant to watch with dubs, right?
    Good dubbed but I prefer the subs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo. Anime of the season imo.
    Ah, yeah. That one's definitely on my to-watch list, read the premise and it sounds like fun. I'll go "borrow that from a friend" now.

Quote Originally Posted by Baiyn View Post
    Just finished Madoka Magica. So fucking good! Jeez!
    Beautiful artwork, beautiful score and really well put together scenes. Minimal characters used really affectively to articulate the isolation inherent in the mahou shojo profession. The smoothness of Homura's fight with the Walpurgis Night was so epic! I really thought she had it for a sec.

The conversation with Homura and Madoka's brother and mother was pretty heartbreaking though. )'= I hate that kind of existence erased/forgotten shit.
    Like you i really enjoyed it and so many shocks and stuff.

I was crying the whole time, When Madoka and Homura are saying good byes and that Homu would be the only one ever remembering Madoka

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Like you i really enjoyed it and so many shocks and stuff.

I was crying the whole time, When Madoka and Homura are saying good byes and that Homu would be the only one ever remembering Madoka
    Yeah, stuff like that always gets to me. But, little bits like Madoka saying, "Let's go." or whatever, to Sayaka after they watched her crush playing the violin one last time and Maddy saying the there was hope that Homura and her could meet again gave me hope that perhaps Madoka won't always be alone for eternity as Kyubey had hypothesised. Perhaps, when, as Mami was describing to Kyouko in the remade universe, a magical girl must 'self-destruct' before her wish brings despair into the world they actually join Madoka in that extra-universal existence in some kind of harmonious collective construct. Like an afterlife reserved for magical girls![s/poiler] Maybe that's what the third movie will offer some insight on?

Luckily, I spoiled a fair bit for myself cos I was so damn curious about what the hell Kyubey was at the time the show was airing that I already knew what his motives were and about Mami losing her head in a fight... I'd have probably be crying like a bitch the whole time had I not softened some of the story's blows in advanced. >.<

Yeah, stuff like that always gets to me. But, little bits like Madoka saying, "Let's go." or whatever, to Sayaka after they watched her crush playing the violin one last time and Maddy saying the there was hope that Homura and her could meet again gave me hope that perhaps Madoka won't always be alone for eternity as Kyubey had hypothesised. Perhaps, when, as Mami was describing to Kyouko in the remade universe, a magical girl must 'self-destruct' before her wish brings despair into the world they actually join Madoka in that extra-universal existence in some kind of harmonious collective construct. Like an afterlife reserved for magical girls![s/poiler] Maybe that's what the third movie will offer some insight on?

Luckily, I spoiled a fair bit for myself cos I was so damn curious about what the hell Kyubey was at the time the show was airing that I already knew what his motives were and about Mami losing her head in a fight... I'd have probably be crying like a bitch the whole time had I not softened some of the story's blows in advanced. >.<
    There was a lot of feels and im really looking forward to the 3rd movie. I was in tears for some of it, its not like me ;_;

Deleted
    So many feels. I'm looking forward to the third movie too, since it's going to be original story. I'm usually not one for crying at typically sad stuff (though 5cm Per Second makes me feel so bummed out every time I think about it, watching it is almost unbearable!), I usually well up at happier touching stuff. The brotherly love moments in FMA: Brotherhood had my eyes streaming all the bloody time! ¬_¬

Not much makes me cry but im getting softer in my old age, but i was sobbing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Soul Eater intro is stuck in my head..time to re-watch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Galil ACE View Post
    This is one of the few shows you are meant to watch with dubs, right?
    If you don't watch black lagoon with dubs you're doing it wrong, subs doesn't do it justice imo.
    Claymore is Epic again, eat it priscilla fanboys.

After putting it off for a very long time, I'm finally watching Code Geass. The plot really is identical to Guilty Crown in a lot of ways, but while it was painful watching Guilty Crown all the way to the end, I'm already 20 episodes into Code Geass in just a few days and loving it. It's weird hearing Lawrence's VA for Lelouch, though, heh. C.C. is also quite a bit better than the completely emotionless Inori, and is a great character all around.

Pretty intrigued by Tasogare Otome x Amnesia too. Since watching Another, I've been craving more spooky anime.
    Tasogare Otome was a fun show, but overall it's more like a romance series than horror. It has some very cool animation, though, and lots of occult themes.

A couple other "spooky" shows I'd recommend : Boogiepop Phantom and Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni. Or if you want to check out visual novels, Saya no Uta is a horror one from the same writer that created Madoka Magica.

Pretty intrigued by Tasogare Otome x Amnesia too. Since watching Another, I've been craving more spooky anime.
    Sadly, spooky anime is hard to come by. Tasogare is more romantic than it is spooky. Give Ghost Hound a try, it has some spooky scenes, overall it's more interesting than scary, but it has its moments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Need a good comedy now. Was thinking I'd watch Toradora (sounds like fun), as I wanted to wait for Chuunibyou to finish before marathoning it all, but since I've held out to episode 10, I might just start that now. Especially considering there's loads of current seasons shows I've wanted to watch but tried to wait to finish airing so I could watch them all in one go. >.<'

Toradora is definitely worth the watch. A nice lighthearted romantic comedy with some good touching scenes.

Tasogare is more of a romantic comedy, but there is an episode later on that isn't for the light-hearted.

So many feels. I'm looking forward to the third movie too, since it's going to be original story.
    Just about a month back we also got word that the universe isn't done after the third movie, and we could be looking towards a two cour series, which the movie is probably going to set up for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Brincamian View Post
    After putting it off for a very long time, I'm finally watching Code Geass. The plot really is identical to Guilty Crown in a lot of ways, but while it was painful watching Guilty Crown all the way to the end, I'm already 20 episodes into Code Geass in just a few days and loving it. It's weird hearing Lawrence's VA for Lelouch, though, heh. C.C. is also quite a bit better than the completely emotionless Inori, and is a great character all around.
    Haven't seen Guilty Crown myself, but the first thing I thought it was like was V for Vendetta, despite being an American movie. Though far deeper.

Code Geass only gets better and better though so keep watching, the end is worth it all.

Excited for this show. Feels like this will be the light-hearted, fun, moe-ish show of winter 2013 by KyoAni.

Quote Originally Posted by Diesta View Post
    I've only seen bits of it, but it seems like it's similar to K-On. Do relationships actually develop between the girls that go past just friendship?

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    Just about a month back we also got word that the universe isn't done after the third movie, and we could be looking towards a two cour series, which the movie is probably going to set up for us.
    Tell me more please

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post

Excited for this show. Feels like this will be the light-hearted, fun, moe-ish show of winter 2013 by KyoAni.

Those girls look exactly like the girls from K-On just with different colored hair lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    Those girls look exactly like the girls from K-On just with different colored hair lol.
    I was just about to write the same thing again ;_;

Is there any "real" release of winter 2012/2013 chart?

10+ Year Old Account
    Talk about active thread.

I've only seen bits of it, but it seems like it's similar to K-On. Do relationships actually develop between the girls that go past just friendship?
    Let's say half of them are lesbians, one of them tries to rape another by kissing her a few times, and no more then that. It's a really fun show, and the last episode of the first season had me cracking up beyond belief.

Watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Tell me more please
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...after-3rd-film

Well, both are by KyoAni.

Quote Originally Posted by Diesta View Post
    Is there any "real" release of winter 2012/2013 chart?
    Here you go, this is the official one made by people at Crunchyroll every season. Not complete though.

http://i6.minus.com/iojxbbNXZKq5n.png

In other news I learned how to cook rice last night. (Funny learning how to cook rice after learning a while ago how to bake or cook things like Pumpkin Bisque) First attempt was abysmal and ended in burning the rice, second attempt was successful and I put in a raw egg and soy sauce.

It was amazing.
    Last edited by Zatheyll; 2012-12-05 at 07:38 PM.

Thank you Zath

Deleted
    Cool, thanks for the info on spooky stuff, guys. I'll have to check those out. I've heard the name Boogiepop mentioned more than once but kind of looked it over because the name sounds more wacky than scary. >.<

Also, that'd be cool if they did more Madoka, Zath. And yay for more KyoAni! I lap up pretty much anything those guys put out, even though Infinite Eight was unforgivable and Hyouka was nice, with some amazing visuals here and there, but a little slow (also sidekick guy was so annoying!).

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, that'd be cool if they did more Madoka, Zath. And yay for more KyoAni! I lap up pretty much anything those guys put out, even though Infinite Eight was unforgivable and Hyouka was nice, with some amazing visuals here and there, but a little slow (also sidekick guy was so annoying!).
    I don't think KyoAni has done a show where side-kick guy wasn't annoying.