Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Have you ever heard the name Spartacus?
    Tell me when you're done watching "roman documentaries" on television and you start reading something about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Tell me when you're done watching "roman documentaries" on television and you start reading something about it.
    Yes, clearly Spartacus was happy; because everyone was. That's why he waged a revol-. Shit.

This revolt is still my favorite.
    Last edited by Rukentuts; 2012-12-05 at 08:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure the Jewish revolts and the Barbarian wars are all just tv crap too.
    When survival is the goal, it's into the spider hole!

Deleted
    Yes, clearly Spartacus was happy; because everyone was. That's why he waged a revol-. Shit.
    the only fact the someone could even think about waging a revolt should make you think about the general quality of life two THOUSAND years ago.

---------- Post added 2012-12-05 at 08:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    I'm sure the Jewish revolts and the Barbarian wars are all just tv crap too.
    Barbarian wars have nothing to do with revolts. they were in for the loot. Like when you run LFR.

The Jewish revolts of 2000 years ago thank god are so covered by the mist of time that its very hard for you to use it.

---------- Post added 2012-12-05 at 08:12 PM ----------

Anyway... derailed enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    It'll be my personal pleasure to discredit 90% of your wall of text. Unfortunately, since you decided to go for something that massive, I have to wait till I'm home sitting on my pc, as the iPhone won't do.

Just one thing. Read up on the things you're not sure. Want to mention history of Iran? Read up on it. Want to mention israel's behaviour towards the global community? Read up on it. Want to comment on the B-2? Read up on it.

Otherwise people will make you look incoherent and shallow.

And don't be so impulsive in talking about propaganda.

My post was on the iphone.

I read all the time, I know the history of Iran intimately, as I have both studied it and dated several Iranians. I know first hand about the abuses in Iran that happen almost daily, women executed for getting raped. Homosexuals executed for being gay. Anyone who opposes the will of the Clerics can be executed or publicly flogged. So yah I kind of know a thing or two about Iran.

As for Israel they have are fully democratic, they give full citizenship to Palestinian Muslims and Christians who are willing to live and work in Israel. They do not torture and murder people in the street, they do not strap bombs on children and put them on buses. They do however respond when someone launches an attract on Israel and they are not push overs when reacting. On average every other day an Israeli citizen is murdered by a terrorist, you never hear this on you news do you? In the last 10 years there has been over 1500 Israelis killed by terrorist. Oh and the same is true with the ten years prior to that. This information is easily found.

Now calling me shallow, you do not know me. You really have no clue how I feel about these issues. I am giving a counter point to the constant Hate that I see here. And yea there is a group of you who clearly have hate issues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Barbarian wars have nothing to do with revolts. they were in for the loot. Like when you run LFR.
    Uh huh, and all those people the Romans displaced in South Eastern Europe who subsequently sacked Rome? And the Barbarian filled Legions that turned?

The Jewish revolts of 2000 years ago thank god are so covered by the mist of time that its very hard for you to use it.
    What?

You seem pretty foggy on details for somebody who is telling people to go read a book.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Yeh even the Romans during their campaign against gallia managed to improve their economy.

Point made is economies were slightly different 2000 years ago and 60 years ago.
    When you have a SINGLE plane costing 1 BILLION dollars (1997 figures), yeh war is bad for the economy.
    Fortunately this time the Drone wasn't even American.

Also the Drone Aircraft are much cheaper than a Billion dollars, that is why they are being used these days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you ever heard the name Spartacus?
    If it's anything like the tv show, I'm not interested. Watched the first two episodes of that and wanted to vomit. Roman soldiers using the F-word three times in the same sentence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much. In addition it wouldn't be sustainable, during WW2 we were spending like mad. However all this money went to firms to construct the equipment.

War is just another source of demand. It raises demand for certain products, and firms will expand production to meet this demand. This results in more employment, which results in more money in consumers' pockets.

Actually the profit from the war came from Other nations paying America back for it's aid.

The UK ended up owning a lot, the Soviets never could fully pay back the US. France ended up in debt for years to America.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    Fortunately this time the Drone wasn't even American.

Also the Drone Aircraft are much cheaper than a Billion dollars, that is why they are being used these days.
    I assume this "billion dollar" figure (which is present-day, not 1997 is for B-2 Spirits. We have only lost 1 B-2 Spirit in 15 years, and that wasn't even in a combat mission.

---------- Post added 2012-12-05 at 02:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    If it's anything like the tv show, I'm not interested. Watched the first two episodes of that and wanted to vomit. Roman soldiers using the F-word three times in the same sentence.
    That was media bullshit. In reality the dude was just pissed he was a slave and decided to go plunder.

---------- Post added 2012-12-05 at 02:21 PM ----------

Actually the profit from the war came from Other nations paying America back for it's aid.

The UK ended up owning a lot, the Soviets never could fully pay back the US. France ended up in debt for years to America.
    All I was thinking was spending by GDP is pretty much unsustainable.

10+ Year Old Account
    LOL man you wish.
    The romans shaped the world, created something.

---------- Post added 2012-12-05 at 06:55 PM ----------

dont tell me you want to compare the world's economy 50 years ago with today's.
    Come on seriously now.

Where do you think the 1.1 billion (x21 the amount of B-2 you have) is taken from? piggy bank?
    50 years ago, 1962. that was about the time when the current economic system the world uses was born. So actually from an economic stand point yes actually it is a good place for a comparison.

Deleted
    My post was on the iphone.

I read all the time, I know the history of Iran intimately, as I have both studied it and dated several Iranians. I know first hand about the abuses in Iran that happen almost daily, women executed for getting raped. Homosexuals executed for being gay. Anyone who opposes the will of the Clerics can be executed or publicly flogged. So yah I kind of know a thing or two about Iran.

As for Israel they have are fully democratic, they give full citizenship to Palestinian Muslims and Christians who are willing to live and work in Israel. They do not torture and murder people in the street, they do not strap bombs on children and put them on buses. They do however respond when someone launches an attract on Israel and they are not push overs when reacting. On average every other day an Israeli citizen is murdered by a terrorist, you never hear this on you news do you? In the last 10 years there has been over 1500 Israelis killed by terrorist. Oh and the same is true with the ten years prior to that. This information is easily found.

Now calling me shallow, you do not know me. You really have no clue how I feel about these issues. I am giving a counter point to the constant Hate that I see here. And yea there is a group of you who clearly have hate issues.
    Sorry but i do not believe you. If you knew the history of Iran intimately you would have know a lot of things that would defy your points.

Your "knowledge" about israel is dangerous. Every day an israeli citized is murdered?

If you read carefully, you will notice that (unlike you calling me clueless), i do not directly call you shallow.

Yes... we have hate issues. whoever dont think like you... hate issues. ooook.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    No they're not. Rome existed in a time before reserve banking, treasury bonds, etc. There was some degree of private financing, but the way it operated was totally different. The tax structure of the Roman Empire was completely different from anything practiced anywhere today. Markets were shifted greatly by the availability of slave labor. When Caesar invaded Gaul, he was sending back treasure troves and slaves. We don't have spoils of war anymore in the same way we did back then. It's honestly far more different than it is the same.
    /sarcasm It actually makes me sad that we no longer get spoils of war. I mean when you could invade a nation take it's land **** it's women, and burn their cities to the ground. It was so much better in the 1960's and 1970's. ;-p

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    Uh huh, and all those people the Romans displaced in South Eastern Europe who subsequently sacked Rome? And the Barbarian filled Legions that turned?

What?

You seem pretty foggy on details for somebody who is telling people to go read a book.
    Yeh i admit rome in its latest era wasnt shining. But, hey! thats a matter for another thread.

and sorry but how can you NOT be foggy on details on something that happened 2k years ago more or less?

and sorry but how can you NOT be foggy on details on something that happened 2k years ago more or less?
    Because it's written down?
    Because archaeological evidence supports it?

Take your pick.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeh i admit rome in its latest era wasnt shining. But, hey! thats a matter for another thread.

Well, it's foggy compared to 20 years ago, but as 2000 year old events go, the Jewish Revolt is pretty well documented.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmatum View Post
    "The Iranian military says it has captured an unmanned US drone aircraft in its airspace over Gulf waters.

The Revolutionary Guards said they had brought down a ScanEagle - one of the smaller, less sophisticated drones employed by the Americans.

Rear Admiral Ali Fadavi told the Fars news agency that the drone had conducted several reconnaissance flights over the Gulf in recent days.

The US said it was looking into the reports."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-20591336

If it's true, it's pretty retarded. I don't know why the US would use 'less sophisticated' hardware when they have already been caught with their hand in the cookie jar once. If it is true, maybe they're doing it to try and provoke a reaction, pretty fucked up.

I'm pretty sure violation of airspace like that can be seen as an act of war, it was ignored the first time and the US didn't even get a slap on the wrist. I wonder what now. Maybe they 'lost control' and it 'strayed into Iranian airspace' again.
    Its probably made up. Like so much "news" even in the US, its usually spiced up or fabricated all together just for kicks or money. Frankly, catching a drone is less intriguing than those old bigFoot sighting films.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    full of propaganda? It's the truth that only Americans are denying.
    What truth is that, 95 made up reasons to hate the US and Israel? I want to point out something, the Jewish population has every Right to have that nation, and the land it controls. It is not ok to murder Jews. It is not OK to fire missiles randomly into Israel. It is not good to strap a bomb on your kid so they can die while killing Jews.

The side you are defending does these things.

Sorry your argument is invalid as long as this happens.

Deleted
    What truth is that, 95 made up reasons to hate the US and Israel? I want to point out something, the Jewish population has every Right to have that nation, and the land it controls. It is not ok to murder Jews. It is not OK to fire missiles randomly into Israel. It is not good to strap a bomb on your kid so they can die while killing Jews.

The side you are defending does these things.

http://i.imgur.com/O0emp.jpg

Sorry your argument is invalid as long as this happens.
    I will report you now and i wish everyone does it for your DISGUSTING way of comparing educated members of society to someone supporting kids soldier.
    You should be ashamed of what you just said.

DISGUSTING

10+ Year Old Account
    I will report you now and i wish everyone does it for your DISGUSTING way of comparing educated members of society to someone supporting kids soldier.
    You should be ashamed of what you just said.

DISGUSTING
    Yup, what they do sure is disgusting. Hard to see huh?