Thread: Being impatient

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Being impatient

So one of my biggest flaws is being impatient, I can never wait for something ever.

So now I have a laptop choice to make.

-One is overall better, has a 1080p screen, but I can pay it in around 10 days. Now there is no afterpay option available for all the webshops I went through and those were a LOT. So for this one I would have to wait 10 business days to order.

-One is a bit cheaper, but has lower specs somewhat (still good however) and not a 1080p screen, I can get this delivered to me in 1 to 5 business days and I can use the afterpay option on it.

So yeah, that's it. It is my biggest character flaw and honestly the second option is tempting to me while I KNOW I should wait for the first....

Please encourage me to wait for option 1...I want it now...
    Last edited by mmoc13485c3c3f; 2012-12-06 at 12:32 AM.

Trust me, always go with better overall.

Especially if it something you are going to use daily.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait 10 days, you need a good laptop for gaming, it's not worth it buying a bad one if you can afford better.
    /thread.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Wait 10 days. You'll love and thank yourself later.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    Wait 10 days, you need a good laptop for gaming, it's not worth it buying a bad one if you can afford better.
    /thread.
    Well it's not bad...but let's compare:

Best choice: http://www.asus.nl/Notebooks/Multime...ainment/N56VZ/

Second: http://www.asus.nl/Notebooks/Versati...ormance/K75VM/

If those are your only 2 choices Id wait for the better one. Unless you can find a 3rd choice that has a video card thats a gtx660m at least in the same price range. Theres a fairly huge jump in performance between the 650m and the 630m.
    http://www.notebookcheck.net/Mobile-...ist.844.0.html
    CPU:i5 4670k@4.3Ghz GPU:Gigabyte GTX760 WF3 Mobo:Asrock Z87E-ITX RAM:8Gb GSkill Ares@1600MhzCase:Atomic Orange Bit Fenix Prodigy Cooling: Corsair H100i HDD:1Tb WD Cav Black SSD: Samsung 830 128Gb PSU:Seasonic M2II620 KB:Razer Black Widow Mouse:Razer Naga 2014

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by demonskies View Post
    If those are your only 2 choices Id wait for the better one. Unless you can find a 3rd choice that has a video card thats a gtx660m at least in the same price range. Theres a fairly huge jump in performance between the 650m and the 630m.
    http://www.notebookcheck.net/Mobile-...ist.844.0.html
    Ok, I will wait then.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    Is there a price difference?
    Yeah, ehm. The better one is 940 euro's. The second choice is 840 or so.

Definitely wait, man! 1080p is awesome!

Grats on a new laptop, as well. I hope it's a gaming laptop, the best kind!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    Definitely wait, man! 1080p is awesome!

Grats on a new laptop, as well. I hope it's a gaming laptop, the best kind!
    Yeah, of course. That's why I am going to buy it, so I can game at friends.

Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    Yeah, of course. That's why I am going to buy it, so I can game at friends.
    Super cool, man, I've always been partial to gaming laptops, as opposed to (obviously) desktops. You can't upgrade the graphics card in 99% of cases (there were some old Toshiba Satellites that had swappable GPUs, and some Asus laptops as well), but the CPU and RAM is up for grabs. Plus (and this is the best part), you can pick it up and take it anywhere! Mobility, baby! That's right.

Deleted
    Super cool, man, I've always been partial to gaming laptops, as opposed to (obviously) desktops. You can't upgrade the graphics card in 99% of cases (there were some old Toshiba Satellites that had swappable GPUs, and some Asus laptops as well), but the CPU and RAM is up for grabs. Plus (and this is the best part), you can pick it up and take it anywhere! Mobility, baby! That's right.
    I have a okay rig here indeed. i5 2500, 8 GB RAM 7870 HD Radeon GPU...

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Wait get the better system, you'll feel better if you do. Also and this is important, make sure you have a bag it can fit in.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    Wait get the better system, you'll feel better if you do. Also and this is important, make sure you have a bag it can fit in.
    Yes to this, 1000 times. I use a Targus laptop backpack that actually was designed for a 15", and the laptop I have is a 17", so I had to purchase some extra velcro to make it strap properly.
    Last edited by Dacien; 2012-12-06 at 01:41 AM.

Deleted
    Hmm okay. I do have a spare laptop bag though here....

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Oh and if I was you looking at asus.

http://rog.asus.com/notebook/17-inch/g74sx/
    It's what I would get.

Deleted
    Oh and if I was you looking at asus.

http://rog.asus.com/notebook/17-inch/g74sx/
    It's what I would get.
    Oh noes, I just have 1k euro's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes to this, 1000 times. I use a Targus laptop backpack that actually was designed for a 15", and the laptop I have is a 17", so I had to purchase some extra velcro to make it strap properly.
    I had last years top Asus ROG laptop it had a 17" screen, I had to get a shoulder strap bag to carry it, and even then it was too thick to close. Sadly I sort of smashed it.

I miss my Asus.

---------- Post added 2012-12-05 at 05:44 PM ----------

How's your credit

I had last years top Asus ROG laptop it had a 17" screen, I had to get a shoulder strap bag to carry it, and even then it was too thick to close. Sadly I sort of smashed its.

I miss my Asus.
    This 17", 7-pound monster I have is quite bulky, but it isn't too bad. The fit into the 15"-designed backpack is snug, but it fits.

---------- Post added 2012-12-05 at 05:50 PM ----------

I'm super cheap so I payed ~$600 about a year ago for a few-generations-old GPU-equipped Asus. You can find a steal if you're willing to go below top-of-the-line. Later payed an extra $120 to upgrade from dual core to quad.
    Last edited by Dacien; 2012-12-06 at 01:50 AM.