Thread: Hypocrisy.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10/10 made me laugh

OT-I've had my name changed a few times, especially on RPG servers. It's really not that big a deal imo.

It's fairly simple:

"No ook in the dooker you dookin ook head"

Having a quest that requires you to take a dump in a porta-potty while it violently shakes, rattles and radiates a giant fart nova is pretty vulgar imo. A bit more vulgar than a childish name that implies a lack of fiber.

Deleted
    I wish in every MMO there was one server where you could not start new characters. Instead just send everybody with undesirable names, undesirable chat patterns and undesirable behaviour there and let them amuse each other. And give them their own lfx and bgs as a reward for being special.

15+ Year Old Account
    You got a name change to something other than Bloodpoop.

I would be happy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I'm really confused at how some bat guano quests equates to "very vulgar". There is elegance and humor in their quests (and they're optional). Your name isn't optional; everyone who sees you is forced to see it.
    There is no elegance in quests that make you have to pick berries from poop, or take a shit yourself, I personally have found these quests very, as in VERY distasteful, although this is the first time I've ever mentioned it to anyone. I don't like breaking the illusion of my toon being perfect due to quests in middle of quest chains like this.

Yeah, I'm failing to see any elegance or humour in scatalogical references -- quests and player names included.
    This concept of wuv confuses and infuriates us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonaire View Post
    There is no elegance in quests that make you have to pick berries from poop, or take a shit yourself, I personally have found these quests very, as in VERY distasteful, although this is the first time I've ever mentioned it to anyone. I don't like breaking the illusion of my toon being perfect due to quests in middle of quest chains like this.
    I agree.

When I see such vulgar names about body functions (especially excrement) I immediately think it's some 12 year-old who's still not out of the potty stage of development.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    I agree.

When I see such vulgar names about body functions (especially excrement) I immediately think it's some 12 year-old who's still not out of the potty stage of development.
    That is a LATE blooming 12 year old.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    "Blood-poop"? Stop pretending that they forced a namechange because of the singular word 'poop'. They changed it because it's an obvious childish insult towards people with prostate cancer and other diseases.. it's disgusting and frankly I have to wonder how sick-minded a person has to be to name themselves that.
    An insult targeting people with prostate cancer? I sure hope you're being sarcastic because that is one of the dumbest "I'm offended" posts I have ever read.

Ignoring the poo-themed quests and the basic fact that the name violates ToS, Blizzard does have much more offensive content in a similar vein to the OP's name. I think part of the issue is that bloody poos can make one think of someone with rather nasty intestinal problems or someone who has been violated, both of which are violent and/or horrible well beyond simple "toilet humor."
    The best example I can think of is the quest in Azshara where a Blood Elf informs a Goblin that she hopes he dies in a fire. I'm well aware that that's in there because DIAF is commonly tossed around ye olde intranets and they tossed that in for their community. That doesn't mean it's not a horrible thing to say to a person and can be very cruel. One of my best friends from high school died in a house fire on Christmas Eve along with her grandmother and six-month-old daughter. Yeah, I fucking hate that phrase and was very upset that was allowed to work its way into the game as "witty NPC banter". What really made me livid though was the MoP beta whining about Ji Firepaw's comments about Aysa Cloudsinger, and it got changed. But the other thing is fine.

If you're going to talk about double-standards with level of appropriate-ness you should move away from toilet humor and focus on other things in the game that are, in fact, horrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonaire View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GotMoxie View Post
    Yeah, I'm failing to see any elegance or humour in scatalogical references -- quests and player names included.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    I agree.
    You don't have to agree with me - I found them humorous, myself, but at least they're all optional. You're not required to do them to make it through the game. His name, on the other hand, isn't anything you can escape from if he's near you.

Quote Originally Posted by Arikan View Post
    The best example I can think of is the quest in Azshara where a Blood Elf informs a Goblin that she hopes he dies in a fire. I'm well aware that that's in there because DIAF is commonly tossed around ye olde intranets and they tossed that in for their community. That doesn't mean it's not a horrible thing to say to a person and can be very cruel.
    Yeah I'm also offended when the game asks me to "kill" multiple amounts of things because I have friends who are jewish and were victims of genocide.

Similarly when the combat log says "you died" I take it very personally because my grandmother died recently and death is a very real thing in my life.

I also refuse to use "shadow spells" because I refuse to associate myself with anything satanic, and I don't "tame pets" because I don't believe in forcing any animal to work against it's will - especially if it is being forced to fight and be injured for other peoples enjoyment or benefit.

Deleted
    My friend has a rogue called ninjarob and my other friends has a mage called magetrolling... Both are stupid and neither fit them being heroes of Azeroth.
    It's not like you called yourself Muhammad and someone got butt hurt, you chose a name that no self respecting hero would have. Thing is there is a reason you can't use numbers and special characters when making a character right?
    As for the name bloodpoop... it makes me think of crapping out blood... That isn't a nice image, good job i don't have a picture working brain (dunno what you call it).

Quote Originally Posted by Akarui View Post
    My friend has a rogue called ninjarob and my other friends has a mage called magetrolling... Both are stupid and neither fit them being heroes of Azeroth.
    It's not like you called yourself Muhammad and someone got butt hurt, you chose a name that no self respecting hero would have. Thing is there is a reason you can't use numbers and special characters when making a character right?
    As for the name bloodpoop... it makes me think of crapping out blood... That isn't a nice image, good job i don't have a picture working brain (dunno what you call it).
    Sidenote: I am not on an rp server.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodpoop View Post
    [SIZE=1]Yeah I noticed that as they ignored me and deleted my posts without giving me any real response, despite the fact that my posts were completely valid and constructive.
    Wanna know why? Because you are not allowed to discuss GM actions. I'm surprised you haven't been suspended for it. Also, they are allowed to delete any thread for no reason. They are even allowed to ban anyone for no reason.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Deleted
    Meh when i saw the title I though the thread would be about the band XD

I would embrace a naming policy in which people would have to come up with actual fitting names for their characters. I'm sick of seeing OMGLOLIMDK, Trollding, Punchface or any other kind of stupid thing.

Of course I could try out an RP server, but I'm al ready playing at one. Even there it's still like that. Why don't people call their characters Darsithis, Akarui (even though this is Japanese for bright or colourful), Arikan, Shandris, Choniare, Eowenn or something else that sort of makes sense (these are just a few names of people who said something in this thread!).

To be honest, I'm happy for your server you've been forced a name change. Besides, there is a big difference between a player naming himself bloodpoop and some stinky quests. The first I find far more disgusting than those quests. Besides, it's the name of your character for crying out loud. How can you feel good about yourself after finishing a hard raid boss and say: "Oh Bloodpoop, very well done!" :S I just don't get it!

Quote Originally Posted by Ethes View Post
    Of course I could try out an RP server, but I'm al ready playing at one. Even there it's still like that. Why don't people call their characters Darsithis, Akarui (even though this is Japanese for bright or colourful), Arikan, Shandris, Choniare, Eowenn or something else that sort of makes sense (these are just a few names of people who said something in this thread!).
    Thanks for excluding me. For the record, my character is called Kanadei.

Quote Originally Posted by Luciferiuz View Post
    Thanks for excluding me. For the record, my character is called Kanadei.
    My apoligies, Luciferiuz would be fine with me too and Kanadei is definitly a name I'd consider proper. Al though I'd personally be careful with naming my characters after fallen angels ;-)

I just picked a few names I saw while scrolling up!