Thread: New Loot System

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Speaking of new loot system, just ran terrace and won loot for 3 out of 4 bosses and a sigil from each one. LFR loves me.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karnudge View Post
    Honestly, in LFR, let people trade items (because I've gotten 4 of the same trinket), you'll fix half the anger.
    Please no, don't want to go back to the people that try to rip off other for ridiculous amounts of gold for an item they got but did not want...

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoncurry View Post
    "The new loot system has worked out well, as players don't have any reason to be mad at each other over loot in LFR anymore. It is possible that we could see it being used in dungeons as well, but that is still under discussion."

I completely disagree, and I think that the new loot system is not that good at all. This is especially true for serverwide bosses or groups with smaller sample sizes where the amount of dicks is reduced. If dungeons adopted this feature, I think the game is going to feel like a slot machine more so than it already is and people will get randomly RNG fucked for weeks like a lot of us have in LFR. As the lifespan of the dungeon goes on, it is supposed to be easier to get loot from there and even with my bad experiences with LFR in DS, I had good ones, where people would sell me pieces they may have not needed or at least something other than gold. There is a possibility that such a case will not happen even if you run the dungeon for weeks on end.

Yes, blah blah, raid normal/heroic/25 but that just suggests that normal/heroic/25 system *is not* stupid. Making the game feel retarded lootwise is the same as making the entire lootbased endgame (pre-raid) feel retarded.

TLDnR: I would rather be pissed at someone for jacking my piece one week than do LFR for 50 weeks straight and never see the sword once.
    Gosh, a loot ninja crying about loot.

Another new and exiting topic.

10+ Year Old Account
    I found the new loot system uninspiring. Sure, you technically have a better chance to get "an item". But it's reducing player involvement in the loot process to, well, nothing. Now, I'm sure my inital LFR experience wasn't typical, because when I was gearing up I ran it almost exclusively with guildies and friends, but I enjoyed it a hell of a lot more than getting the bag with a pittance of gold in it for the month I was back before MoP. At least with the old system, you got to see the loot, so it felt like there was some involvement. Now, they might as well just stick a gnomish vending machine after every boss - players could queue up and it could spin some wheels and dispense One Loot Lottery Ticket.

I didn't play a fantasy game so that I could replicate the feeling of the lottery. I played it so that my friends and I could stand over the corpse of some horrible monster and decide how to split up its loot.

I like the loot system and I believe it works as intended.
    There was a lot of qq about players needing on items they couldn't use or where for off-spec or had better, or players just needing for friends. Players felt cheated out of loot.
    Now, the new loot system was created to address that and it did!

Now people are qqing because they don't see what dropped?
    QQing because there is no player involvement? What was that involvement: clicking need/greed/de? OMG!

Not getting loot for a few runs happend before also... I ran for weeks without any wins... not because it didn't drop but because I lost the rolls.
    And what is the reason for not getting loot now? Exactly, not winning a roll.

I like it and I hope they extend it to lfd also.

---------- Post added 2012-12-06 at 01:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    I didn't play a fantasy game so that I could replicate the feeling of the lottery. I played it so that my friends and I could stand over the corpse of some horrible monster and decide how to split up its loot.
    This is still there, just not in LFR, where you are accompanied by unknown players... with these you cannot stand and discuss anything.
    if you are running with your friends, you can run normal or hc... and you can dance around the corpse and sort the loot out.

For lfr the system is fine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    Had no problems quoting, those are your words.

Drink some coffee.
    Quoting requires context. The context wasn't mine, it was the post I was replying to. Therefore, you misquoted. And now you make it appear the confuse arising from it is my problem. Yes, but you created it. Learn to quote.

Looking back, I would more than prefer fighting ~5-10 tards for a piece of gear than what is happening now.

Between my girlfriend and I, 6 rolls each +5 tokens, 17 rolls. outcome for the week? 484g 50s. thats it

So fun.

It was nice at least seeing that gear is dropping, even if I didn't win it. it was tangible. now, I don't even know if loot drops. I walk into every LFR knowing I will walk out with nothing more than a handful of gold.
    Your face when the Scoundrel is Gallagher.

I completely disagree, and I think that the new loot system is not that good at all. This is especially true for serverwide bosses or groups with smaller sample sizes where the amount of dicks is reduced. If dungeons adopted this feature, I think the game is going to feel like a slot machine more so than it already is and people will get randomly RNG fucked for weeks like a lot of us have in LFR.
    In LFR, you get RNG fucked.

In dungeons, you get RNG fucked. And then when your DPS trinket finally drops, the healer ninjas it.

The real difference between LFR and dungeons is that LFR has a weekly lockout whereas you can just run the dungeon again, also dungeon bosses have much shallower loot tables (ie higher drop chance). Plus dungeons are a lot shorter...

---------- Post added 2012-12-07 at 12:09 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hodenkrieg View Post
    Looking back, I would more than prefer fighting ~5-10 tards for a piece of gear than what is happening now.

Between my girlfriend and I, 6 rolls each +5 tokens, 17 rolls. outcome for the week? 484g 50s. thats it

So fun.

It was nice at least seeing that gear is dropping, even if I didn't win it. it was tangible. now, I don't even know if loot drops. I walk into every LFR knowing I will walk out with nothing more than a handful of gold.
    Funny how what people are really missing is the illusion of getting gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Funny how what people are really missing is the illusion of getting gear.
    Exactly. You have a chance of getting the item every time you go. It is the same chance as it has always been, apart from loot traders and ninjas aren't getting involved. The only people the new system has really hurt are these loot traders and ninjas.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    you're likely wrong, and we don't care anyway.
    Source

Quote Originally Posted by EGRO View Post
    I hope that doesn't happen since I got nothing but 28.5g for 3 weeks thanks to the LFR loot system.....
    Why is the new system responsible for that?

A 15% chance to get loot on every boss kill each week seems pretty reasonable to me.

I read up to "I disagree" and stopped,

I'm tempted to say I disagree back, but that would be a invite to a discussion where you might be able to persuade me the new system sucks

But in truth, your wrong,

Anyone opinion saying the old system is better, is just wrong or a troll
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

TLDnR: I would rather be pissed at someone for jacking my piece one week than do LFR for 50 weeks straight and never see the sword once.

Your TLDR should've said: I'm pissed Blizzard took out the old system because now I can't have several of my friends need roll for stuff and hand it to me. I also can't sit there and watch someone need it only to feel sorry for me because they have it and then give it to me.

The old system was complete crap. It was basically a "Bring as many friends as possible just to win one piece of loot" while also watching everyone flex their epeen because they need on a LFR piece when they have heroic and saying you can't have it. The current system may not be the best and they admit they want to tune it, but it is definitely a lot better than before. I'd rather not see a piece drop instead of seeing Asshat #1-5 roll on it just for lulz.

I'm really beginning to wonder if people would feel much better about themself if when a boss dies a UI pops up showing gold and the loot possible off the boss and then spin like a slot machine wheel and land on whatever.

15+ Year Old Account
    TLDnR: I would rather be pissed at someone for jacking my piece one week than do LFR for 50 weeks straight and never see the sword once. [/FONT][/COLOR]
    But it is the same exact thing. Not winning and not seeing loot now and getting a bag is the same as not winning the roll against someone else before. The only difference is now you are awarded something for not winning where as before you weren't. There honestly is no reason to hate the current system because it offers the same chances at loot as before.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    I would rather see loot drop and not win it then not see any loot at all and have others win it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodenkrieg View Post
    You can see that loot drops, just ask people what they won. And why are you happier when you won nothing then when you at least win something, even if it is just gold? Why does it matter if loot drops for someone else when the end result is the same, you didn't win loot?

---------- Post added 2012-12-06 at 07:30 PM ----------

You would have a point if the LFR wasn't already a loot lottery prior to the new system. The new system was designed to eliminate the flaws of the last slot machine system. You know the ones where people could exploit. Also to a lesser extend dungeons are already like this. There is no difference between getting a bag of gold now and getting nothing but seeing someone else get it before. Perhaps act social and ask what others got?

If the only problem with the system is your illusion of loot and perception of loot that it is proof that system is working and a great system. Because the only flaw is one you have to create yourself.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Much as I think it's silly to be nostalgic of the old system (which was horrible, remember the amount of bitching on the forums back when it was around?) I do somewhat agree with the crappy feeling you get when you do all 5 LFR queues in one week and get 16 bags with nothing but gold in them (a. funny how a bag full of gold has become a bad thing and b. jesus there are a lot of bosses to clear every week :S). RNG is RNG sure, and if you don't like RNG (and TBH I don't particularly) then WoW may not be the game for you. But still, maybe the devs can make it feel better somehow.

GC's post on the front page mentions that they're planning to add random goodies (eg pets) to the bag like the dungeon bags, which is a good idea IMO. Maybe another cool thing would be some bonus VP.

I've also often thought that what they could do to alleviate RNG frustration in the game as a whole would be to give you some kind of boss-specific token that allowed you to purchase a piece of loot after X weeks of killing that boss if it hasn't dropped for you by then. Create an upper limit on the amount of times you need to kill something to get one piece of loot. Because when you're farming a boss for months and months RNG stops feeling like a fun lottery element of the game and more like a senseless punishment. I have no idea how they could implement something like that though - without cluttering up either bag space or the currency tab to kingdom come.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Except it's like this in every game. Any time you kill something it's like playing a lottery on what it drops. What fun would it be to know exactly what will drop each time?

Also, by your last sentence it sounds like you were one of those people in DS that everyone hated, because of the following:

"I played it so that my friends and I could stand over the corpse of some horrible monster and decide how to split up its loot."

Translates into: I play with friends and we all roll need on the loot and then determine who amongst us will get the loot.

That may not be what you mean, but that's exactly how it sounds.

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I completely disagree, and I think that the new loot system is not that good at all. This is especially true for serverwide bosses or groups with smaller sample sizes where the amount of dicks is reduced. If dungeons adopted this feature, I think the game is going to feel like a slot machine more so than it already is and people will get randomly RNG fucked for weeks like a lot of us have in LFR.
    The new system doesn't make for any more RNG. It just prevents ninjas. It also gives you a better chance of getting certain items.

Under the old system:
    Bow drops. You and the one other hunter roll on it. Good chance of getting the item.
    Agility trinket drops. 15 people roll on it. Very low chance of winning the item.

The new system somewhat normalizes the drop rates over all. You have less of a chance to win that bow but a MUCH higher chance of winning that trinket.

The only thing I don't like about the new system is the spec thing. I understand why they limited drops by spec, after all it's annoying to see ret drops when you only play holy, but it's also annoying to NEVER see ret drops if you're trying to gear an off-spec. Not sure what the right answer for that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Brightamethyst View Post
    The only thing I don't like about the new system is the spec thing. I understand why they limited drops by spec, after all it's annoying to see ret drops when you only play holy, but it's also annoying to NEVER see ret drops if you're trying to gear an off-spec. Not sure what the right answer for that is.
    Raid in your offspec?

I think there are some improvements that can be made.

One of the biggest complaints I've seen boils down to bad luck. But the solution is not to throw out the whole system, but to improve the system.

How about this? Every time you loot a boss and get no loot, the chance of getting loot the next time you loot a boss will increase. If you are insanely unlucky, eventually the chance of getting an item will hit 100%.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.