Thread: Hypocrisy.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    It all comes down to the fact that there are shitty people in the game. Wether it's overconcerned parents, trolls, or just kids.

I had a hunter named Cumshots. Had the name uptill lvl 60 when i started running dungeons. Changed his name to Bowjob. That needed to change around 75. Probably due to the fact that someone bitched and whined at the Blizzard helpdesk about my name being offensive.
    My point is: In the end you meet a dick that takes enjoyment out of your namechange. All you can hope is you never meet that person.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodpoop View Post
    I don't think many of you understand what I am saying. I am not saying the name technically doesn't violate terms. I am saying the terms are wrong and hypocritical. Very clearly hypocritical. I don't think some of you even understand the concept of questioning established perameters. Just because something is in writing does not mean it's not at all pliable when people make a statement about it. There are such things as revisions.
    But again, I thank you all for your imput.
    You Sir, are very wrong, terms cant be hypocritical, only people can.
    So I cant agree.

As a sidenote I d like to point out that "funny kids" like your very self,
    naming their characters in a stupid way, should be kept in line,
    therefore, I am grateful for such Blizzard's policy.

Why would anyone like to be referred to, in game, as a "bloodpoop" (or some other PLAIN STUPID name) is beyond me, Sir.

Your name does not offend me, it just makes me sad.
    Last edited by mikoslav; 2012-12-06 at 12:25 PM.

If someone is offended by your name, which is offensive, it is against the user agreement you agreed to prior to playing and continue to agree to each update. Your posts that got deleted were deleted because they broke forum rules, which are laid out in the agreement you agreed to prior to playing and reaffirm each update as well. They do not need to give warnings, or reasons. Know the rules before you break them so you will understand when stuff like this happens.

---------- Post added 2012-12-06 at 12:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ethes View Post
    I would embrace a naming policy in which people would have to come up with actual fitting names for their characters. I'm sick of seeing OMGLOLIMDK, Trollding, Punchface or any other kind of stupid thing.
    Here are the rules for names https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/naming-policy. It was easily found in 2 seconds via Google. As you can see, most of the names you run across WoW these days are against the rules. The only way they get changed is if the get reported.

---------- Post added 2012-12-06 at 12:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    The point here was that the name change of the OP was not some GM enforcing a policy. It was simply done to coddle some random person who got into his or her head that he or she didn't like the OP's name.

Because God forbid anyone would have to be offended in an online game.
    The only way GMs can enforce the mildly offensive policy is if someone reports them. Nothing wrong there. Unless you want GMs searching every server data base daily for bad names and forcing name changes upon them this is the best way. It is pretty much community based and some form of accountability from the player base. Obviously his name would not have been changed if he wasn't a braggart about it in the first place. His buddies decided to report him and put him in his place.
    Overall the community was much better when people were held accountable for their actions and had to be considerate of others. It isn't that people get offended, it's that the OP created a name that was clearly made to offend. If the only names you could come up with for your BE had to start with blood, and you used poop because you couldn't think of anything better than you might not be mature enough to be playing this game in the first place, or you meant to be offensive.

Deleted
    Heh, usually I make it my business to involve myself in conversations through long posts and trying to be constructive.

But I've read this entire thing now and I've got nothing valuable to add. I am strongly against playerbashing and causing offense intentionally but I also believe we've become way too quick to pull the "I'm offended" trigger at anything that mildly displeases us.

That being said, you're playing an RPG. If it was a singleplayer game where nobody is around, call your character whatever you damn well please. But when you made your character, you KNEW other players were gonna be around you. You KNEW someone could take offense to it for whatever reason. You KNEW it was probably not a name which would originally be intended to name your character.

I bet your intention was the same as most other people who give their characters dumb names. You wanted a reaction. You did'nt just make the name for yourself to go "hur hur bloodpoop" and then that's it, joke's done, nothing to see here. You wanted to cause a ruckus in one way or another. If you truely could'nt have come up with any other name, then I am sincerely scared on your behalf for your future.

Oh, and guys, stop calling him a kid. Enough with the "You're just a 12 year old kid" because that's not true. Well, he might be, what do I know about who he is, but i'd wager that most of those names are made by post-teens looking for attention. It's an efficient and easy name of trolling since it requires very little effort to offend SOMEONE or another atleast and all you have to do is resume your usual activities of playing the game.

Oh, and Mr. Poop.. I did my best to be diplomatic in my entire post, noting that the name does not offend me personally either.
    (Cut away an accidental taunt. My mistake, it won't happen again)
    Last edited by mmoc1f48e0f23e; 2012-12-06 at 12:52 PM.

You are playing a game intended for 10 year olds (i think that's the age). What did you think would happen?

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would you name yourself that?
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by salamala View Post
    You are playing a game intended for 10 year olds (i think that's the age). What did you think would happen?
    13+. Nice try.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see a problem in the quest names, the are subtle. But if your char name is the same as your name on MMO-C, I understand the forced change. There's alot more difference in quest names than char names.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I knew everything I needed about this thread from highlighting the link and seeing "My toon (bloodpoop)..."

Seriously? Grow up. I didn't whine when my original Hunter named Deerpiss got reported and forced to change, even though mine was more intelligently crude than yours. I'm glad they delete everything you try to do because you are being ridiculous. There are far more quests where we threaten, torture, and murder people than anything related to defecation. Should we also be allowed to harass and threaten people in the game? Then show up at their house with hot needle pokers and torture them to death?

Logic, you have none.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefhamer View Post
    13+. Nice try.
    May differ per your area. 12+ according to PEGI.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    The point here was that the name change of the OP was not some GM enforcing a policy. It was simply done to coddle some random person who got into his or her head that he or she didn't like the OP's name.

Because God forbid anyone would have to be offended in an online game.
    Or because they don't have the manpower to police all 10 million players and therefore only react to those who actively get reported.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    Blizzard has more rights than player. You should realize this. NPCs can say "Bitch" but players can't. This isn't a democracy, Blizzard makes the rules.
    So when I report phillipsisawarlock and say it offends me then you should change your name?

My toon (bloodpoop) has recently had a forced name change. My point is not that this name isn't against the terms. My point is that the terms are wrong. There are currently 12 quests in this game that require you to pick up poop, or even to poop yourself to complete them. I will list them for you.

Bravo Company Field Kit: Camouflage
    Befriending Giants
    Going, Going, Guano!
    Shizz Work
    A Rare Bean
    Funky Fungi
    Scare the Guano Out of Them!
    A Question of Gluttony
    Lupus Pupus
    Doing Your Duty
    Pooped
    Gourmet Kafa

To be clear I have no problem with these quests. I think they can be rather funny, but to say that my name is more potentially offensive is clearly an oversight. I have issued two tickets only to be answered with automated messages. I have submitted a survey. I have created 2 forums on battle.net only to have them both deleted despite the fact that I was extremely polite and have a completely valid argument.

Blizzard should either remove these quests from the game or reinstate my name.
    That's pure genius. You should have trademarked the name IRL and even apply for a name change.

I don't think many of you understand what I am saying. I am not saying the name technically doesn't violate terms. I am saying the terms are wrong and hypocritical. Very clearly hypocritical. I don't think some of you even understand the concept of questioning established perameters. Just because something is in writing does not mean it's not at all pliable when people make a statement about it. There are such things as revisions.

But again, I thank you all for your imput.
    Nice try but you agreed to it when you signed up to play the game. Just be glad they didn't force you to pay for the name change and/or ban you completely and next time try being mature when coming up with your names.

'Bloodpoop' is a horribly garish name, and one that creates equally vulgar connotations in one's mind. I approve of the decision to change it.

I realise we all have a different sense of humour, and what you do in private conversations is your business. However, labelling your character with this term and effectively putting it as a neon sign above your character's head is a step too far. Have some dignity, and stop being so shameless.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    So when I report phillipsisawarlock and say it offends me then you should change your name?
    Actually, if it was a character name (it's too long I know), he'd have to change it because it violates the naming policy. Your name cannot be a sentence or phrase.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    It all comes down to the fact that there are shitty people in the game. Wether it's overconcerned parents, trolls, or just kids.

I had a hunter named Cumshots. Had the name uptill lvl 60 when i started running dungeons. Changed his name to Bowjob. That needed to change around 75. Probably due to the fact that someone bitched and whined at the Blizzard helpdesk about my name being offensive.
    My point is: In the end you meet a dick that takes enjoyment out of your namechange. All you can hope is you never meet that person.
    Or maybe I don't want to play alongside some childish idiot who thinks 'hurr, mai name is potteh wurd, SO FUNNEH'. I report idiotic/childish/offensive names because I actually give a shit about my fellow players and hopefully they won't have to deal with your bullshit. Whether you like it or not there is absolutely zero reason to choose a crude name other than because you know it will offend other people. There is no reason you can't choose a reasonable name.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    Do you have a valid reason for why that name would offend you? Does Blizzard have a valid reason for why they would want it censored? Remember this is a game for all ages, not just pubescent adolescents.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd report you too for that name, it's terrible and imo anything looking like arthas or legolas is better. I think that names should either be RPish or atleast a little bit funny if they aren't RPish.
    Pokemon Y / Pokemon OR
    Friendcode: 0791-2124-3938 (IGN: Michiel)

Quote Originally Posted by taurenburger View Post
    I'd report you too for that name, it's terrible and imo anything looking like arthas or legolas is better. I think that names should either be RPish or atleast a little bit funny if they aren't RPish.
    Funny is relative. While Bloodpoop is not funny to you, it might be to someone else. Same comes for disgusting.